Mortal Instruments & Infernal Devices Lovers! discussion

Infernal Devices Tattoo!

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bria (new)

Bria (bria7) | 2 comments Hey ya'll! I need your help. I am planning on getting a tattoo to commemorate my love of TID, but not sure what to get! My favorite character of all time is Jem, so I would love to get a quote from him, but I'm open! If any of you can think of any fairly short favorite phrases I would be very grateful! Thanks loves :)

message 2: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Cuppett (moogzies_thetmilover) | 54 comments I love this quote from Jem,"As long as there is love and memory there is no true loss"And even if this ones by Magnus its my favorite quote from TID,"You endure what is unbearable and you bear it that is all"

message 3: by Stringbean (new)

Stringbean There must be so many. I have a picture in my head of when they were all at a Clave meeting, and Will is so annoyed about something that he starts trying to climb over the seats to get to the Counsel. Jen rather coolly and swiftly pulls Will back into his seat. I'm sure he says something to Will but I don't know what or in which book. I love Jem too. There is a lovely quote from The Midnight Heir in The Bane Chronicles. Brother Zacariah says to James Herondale after James has said 'Perhaps I was boring before.' So Jem replies, 'There is nothing boring about caring, or about an open loving heart.' If that quote resonates? But there are so many. I wish I had. copies of the books. I borrowed them from the library. I hope you find the right quote for you.

message 4: by BooksAreLife (new)

BooksAreLife That's awesome!! I can't remember the exact words, but do you remember in Clockwork Angel when Tessa and Jem are on Black Fiars bridge and Jem says something along the lines "no matter if you are male, female, sick, weak, that is the lamp which contains the light, if you have a soul of a warrior, you are a warrior" I think just butchered that quote but something along those lines. Hope that helps!!! :)

message 5: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannah1) | 911 comments Mod
Hi, if your looking for quotes for TID bring each book up on goodreads - scroll down the page on the right hand side you should see a section that has each books quotes - hopefully you will find the right one for you

message 6: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn Van Bakel | 10 comments I can offer you my life, but it is a short life; I can offer you my heart, though I have no idea how many more beats it shall sustain

I think this is a beautiful one but not sure if it’s ok for a tattoo. It’s maybe a little dark for that

message 7: by Tommi (new)

Tommi | 4 comments BooksAreLife wrote: "That's awesome!! I can't remember the exact words, but do you remember in Clockwork Angel when Tessa and Jem are on Black Fiars bridge and Jem says something along the lines "no matter if you are m..."

“Whatever you are physically...male or female, strong or weak, ill or healthy--all those things matter less than what your heart contains. If you have the soul of a warrior, you are a warrior."

I believe this is the quote you are talking about. It's word for word.

message 8: by Bria (new)

Bria (bria7) | 2 comments I love all these quotes!!!! Thanks so much for your help guys!!!! I decided to get 'we are dust and shadows' which is what will explains to Tessa in the first book. I really loved the visuals that line came to mind and what it represented. I got it tattooed in a band around my arm so I always feel like a shadowhunter hahaha. Thanks for all your help!!

message 9: by Stringbean (new)

Stringbean Excellent choice! Enjoy your tattoo, Shadowhunter.

message 10: by Louise (new)

Louise Dark | 1 comments one must be careful of books, and what is in them. for words have the power to change us

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood (cassiecrow) | 15 comments I've been considering getting a tat too, that's TMI\TID based. What though I don't know yet. I like the idea of the quote but I also like a few of the Runes so....

message 12: by Heather (new)

Heather | 87 comments how about the symbol in the middle of the clockwork angel book

message 13: by Isla_Herondale (new)

Isla_Herondale | 48 comments I love jem's quote: dreams can be dangerous things

Kayla (kaylaabooks) (kaylaabooks) | 3 comments I'm getting "Iron or Bronze" from the quote: "When two people are at one in their innermost hearts, they shatter even the strength of iron or bronze."

message 15: by Heather (new)

Heather | 87 comments Ooh. That would be hella cool