What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Teleportation Accident
This topic is about The Teleportation Accident
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. German playboy in love with actress in the 1920's Fiction [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristy (new) - added it

Kristy Ward (seeliesidhe) | 4 comments I can't remember author or title of a book I read maybe 4-5 years ago. Written after 2000 at least if not more recent. Written by a male author, possibly first book. Might have the word "Time" or "Star" in the title. Thought it was a time-slip or time travel book, but now I can't remember if that was even the case.

Takes place in Germany in the 1920-1930's. Male protagonist is a bit of a lazy playboy. Spends his nights out at social clubs drinking and with ladies. He becomes infatuated with an actress who doesn't return feelings or even notices his. He is very depressed about this. He spends time with his best friend who is some kind of artistic. Writer or play-write maybe. I think the actress becomes involved with someone and is set to leave town.

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4873 comments Was this a romance, literary fiction, mystery, etc?
Anything about the cover?

Was the male protagonist German or from somewhere else?

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33320 comments Mod
Kristy, does the book refer to the Nazi movement?

Fiction or nonfiction?

Can you tell us more about the hero - job/skills/interests, rich/poor, family/friends, etc.?

message 4: by Kristy (new) - added it

Kristy Ward (seeliesidhe) | 4 comments It is definitely fiction. Not a romance. Weirmar Republic era but nothing expressly to do with Nazis. I can't remember if the protagonist was german himself or not. He comes from a well off family, but I don't think he had any family left. His best friend, the playwright, is a big coke head and is always looking for drugs. His friend writes a play about time travel or actually builds a time travel machine and goes into the future? Its fuzzy.

I think the cover was dark red, maybe velvet curtain type imagery with... maybe a spotlight and a stool?

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37757 comments Mod
Kristy, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 6: by Kristy (new) - added it

Kristy Ward (seeliesidhe) | 4 comments I never found out the book title and now don't remember anything about it at all. At this point it would just be nice to know.

message 7: by Ky (new) - rated it 1 star

Ky | 126 comments Sounds kind of like The Teleportation Accident by Ned Beauman, published in 2012.

message 8: by Kristy (new) - added it

Kristy Ward (seeliesidhe) | 4 comments Ky, that's it! Thank you!

message 9: by Ky (new) - rated it 1 star

Ky | 126 comments You're welcome!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Teleportation Accident (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Ned Beauman (other topics)