Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

2018 Challenge Archive > The Yahtzee Challenge- November 1, 2017- November 30, 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 372 (372 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

message 1: by Fran, Moderator (last edited Mar 01, 2018 03:31AM) (new)

Fran | 11051 comments The Yahtzee Challenge - November 1,2017- November 30, 2018

Well, it's really our version of Yahtzee ;)

A big thank you to Juliet for the idea of using Yahtzee, the dice game, for a challenge.

Here is the link to the real Yahtzee game if you would like to see how the real game works.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahtzee

http://www.hasbro.com/common/instruct...

Join us in our version of Yahtzee. This challenge will be held from November 1, 2017 to November 30, 2018.

It's a 13 month challenge, with the participant 'rolling the dice' once a month. The dice need to be rolled between the 25th of the month before and the 5th of the current challenge month. You will then have the rest of the month to complete that month's task.

Only one task can be completed each month. There will be no scorekeeping, instead, you will put the title of the book(s) and date you completed the task next to the task name. This means you have completed that task for the month and you cannot do the same task again.

Random.org Dice Roller- http://www.random.org/dice/

Be sure to set the dice roller to 5 dice for your first roll.

Participants are to roll once a month. Using random.org, roll 5 dice. Re-roll only the number of dice you want to throw back. Do that again for the third roll. You may be happy with your first or second roll. There is no need to roll further.

If you cannot fit your 'roll' into any remaining task that you have, there will be an alternate task to complete. The alternate task will change each month. If you need to use an alternate task, please put the word 'alternate' in an empty task space along with the date completed.

Minimum page count of 100 pages unless specified for the task. Re-reads allowed, as well as audio-books.
Any edition of the book you are reading is allowed when determining page count

Please update your original post for this challenge. All record keeping should be kept to your one original post :)
It would be great if you could post when you have completed the entire challenge, at the end of the 13 months.

Yahtzee Challenge-

For Ones - Sixes - you need 3 of the same number to claim that task. It could be more, but at least 3

Ones - Read a book with a one word title OR the first book in a series
Twos- Read a book with a two word title OR the second book in a series
Threes- Read a book with a three word title OR the third book in a series
Fours- Read a book with a four word title OR the fouth book in a series
Fives- Read a book with a five word title OR the fifth book in a series
Sixes- Read a book with a six word title OR the sixth book in a series

3 of a kind-3 of the same number-Read a book with a '3' in the page count, OR a book with a word in the title that rhymes with 'three' (i.e. tree, be, me, see, agree) or is the word ‘three’.
*Any edition of the book you choose for this task can be used to determine page count. It doesn't have to be the exact edition you are reading.

4 of a kind-4 of the same number- Read a book with a 4 somewhere in the publishing date OR a book with an average rating of at least a 4.0.
*Any edition/printing of the book you are reading can be used to determine publishing date.

Full House-2 of the same number and 3 of the same number- Read a book with 2 or 3 colors on the cover.
*Only 2 or 3 colors on the cover, and any color/shade counts.

Sm.Straight-4 numbers in a row (i.e. 2,3,4,5) - Read a book with a small number of ratings (less than 456).

Lg.Straight-5 numbers in a row (1,2,3,4,5 or 2,3,4,5,6)- Read a book with a large number of ratings (more than 789).

YAHTZEE (5 of the same number)-Read any book of your choice

Chance (for when your roll doesn't fit anywhere else)- Read a book by a new author, take a chance ;)

An example of an alternative roll -

December (for example)-
If your roll does not fit any of your remaining categories, read a book that has been on your TBR for longer than 6 months.

Example of a roll-

Using random.org / dice roller, I rolled 5 dice.

I rolled a 6,2,6,2,3

I will keep the two 6s and re-roll the other three.

I rolled a 1,5,3 - they don't help me so I will re-roll three dice.

I rolled a 3,4,5 - yay for me! I will use my 3,4,5,6 from my 3,4,5,6,6 roll and read the task for the small straight.

When I am done reading a book with a small number of reviews (less than 456) pages, I will post the date I completed it along with the title of the book..

message 2: by Fran, Moderator (last edited Oct 15, 2017 02:35PM) (new)

Fran | 11051 comments Please keep track of your progress in this thread. Please update your original post. When you complete the challenge, please post a link to your original post or repost the finished challenge. Thank you!

Dice Roller- http://www.random.org/dice/

message 3: by Fran, Moderator (last edited Oct 15, 2017 02:36PM) (new)

Fran | 11051 comments *Remember, you only roll once a month, and then read the required book for that month. There is one book required for each task.

*You are welcome to join the challenge at any time. Please use the 'alternate task' for every month you have missed. No rolling allowed unless it's during the specified rolling time period.

Please post your completed alternate task book(s) and date completed in an empty task spot before the next roll date. You need to fill a spot before you can roll for the next month.

message 4: by Fran, Moderator (last edited Oct 20, 2018 08:32AM) (new)

Fran | 11051 comments *This will be the place to check for the alternative task each month*

November- Read a book with an athlete in the story, or a book with a sports theme or a book with the color blue or white on the cover (Go Yankees!).

December- Read a book with a holiday theme or celebration in the story or a book with gold or silver on the cover.

January- Read a book with one person on the cover (or animal or paranormal being) or a book with the color red on the cover

February- Read a historical romance or book with the color pink or black on the cover.

March- Read a Romantic Suspense or Military Romance or a book with orange or yellow on the cover.

April- Read a book with water or flowers/trees on the cover or a book that makes you cry (happy or sad tears, your choice).

May- Read a humorous/funny romance or a book with green or jewelry on the cover

June- Read a paranormal or urban fantasy romance or a book with the color purple or pink on the cover.

July- Read a romance book where a character in the story travels somewhere or a romance with a vehicle of any kind on the cover.

August- Read a book set on a farm, ranch, island or castle or a book with a sun or clouds on the cover.

September- Read a book with a scene that takes place in a school or library or has a character that is school-aged or a teacher in the story. Or read a book with a form of punctuation on the cover or any shade of the color blue.

October- Read a book with an sinful, 'wicked' or badly-behaved character, or a book with black or gray on the cover.

November- Read a book that has been lingering on your tbr for over 3 months or a book that you have been wanting to read for awhile or a book with a smile on the cover.

message 5: by Fran, Moderator (last edited Oct 15, 2017 02:39PM) (new)

Fran | 11051 comments Participants who have completed the entire challenge- Congratulations everyone!!

message 6: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20254 comments Yay, it's back!! I'm in! =)

message 7: by Loriidae (last edited Nov 08, 2018 06:14PM) (new)

Loriidae | 415 comments My Spot =^..^=
(view spoiler)

Silver Silence (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #1; Psy-Changeling, #16) by Nalini Singh - Nightshades (Nightshades, #1) by Melissa F. Olson - The Restorer (Graveyard Queen #1) by Amanda Stevens - Enslave Me Sweetly (Alien Huntress, #2) by Gena Showalter - Fated (Karma, #3) by Donna Augustine - The Leopard King (Ars Numina, #1) by Ann Aguirre - Redemption (Alchemy, #4) by Donna Augustine - Deal With The Devil (Purgatory, #4) by Cynthia Eden - Vision in Silver (The Others, #3) by Anne Bishop - Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2) by Melinda Leigh - Chaos Falls (Chaos Rises, #3) by Pippa DaCosta - Last Night with the Earl (The Devils of Dover, #2) by Kelly Bowen - Midnight Crossroad (Midnight, Texas, #1) by Charlaine Harris

Yahtzee Challenge Tasks 11/13 plus 2 Alternates
Ones - Twos - Threes - Fours - Fives - Sixes - 3 of a kind - 4 of a kind - Full House - Sm.Straight - Lg.Straight - YAHTZEE - Chance

message 8: by Fran, Moderator (last edited Nov 05, 2018 12:15PM) (new)

Fran | 11051 comments I'm in too!

Rolls-
Nov- 3,5,4,4,4- 4's
Dec-3,6,6,6,6- 4 of a kind
Jan-1,1,2,5,6- Chance
Feb- 5,5,5,5,1- 5's
March- 1,2,3,4,5- large straight
April- 2,3,4,5,6- small straight
May- 2,2,2,3,3- 3 of a kind
June- 6,5,1,2,2- alternate task - using it for 3s (purple on cover)
July- 4,4,4,3,3,- full house
Aug- 6,6,6,3,3- 6s
Sept- 1,1,1,3,4- ones
Oct- 3.3.3.3.3- Yahtzee!!
Nov-1,2,3,5,6- Alternate task for 2s (smile on cover, on tbr for over 3 months)

Ones - Read a book with a one word title OR the first book in a series- Pulling Her Trigger 9/16
Twos- Read a book with a two word title OR the second book in a series- Dirty Distractions- 11/3
Threes- Read a book with a three word title OR the third book in a series- Blank Canvas- 6/5 (alternate task)
Fours-Too Close to Call 11/2
Fives- Read a book with a five word title OR the fifth book in a series- Fall Fast 2/7
Sixes- Read a book with a six word title OR the sixth book in a series- The Capture (sixth in series) 8/10

3 of a kind-3 of the same number-Read a book with a '3' in the page count, OR a book with a word in the title that rhymes with 'three' (i.e. tree, be, me, see, agree)-Ain't He Precious? - 'he' rhymes with 'three'- 5/3

4 of a kind-4 of the same number- a book with an average rating of at least a 4.0. Somehow, Some Way 4.15 avg. 12/25

Full House-2 of the same number and 3 of the same number- Read a book with 2 or 3 colors on the cover.Stealing Christmas

Sm.Straight-4 numbers in a row (i.e. 2,3,4,5) - Read a book with a small number of reviews (less than 456). Tamed By The Outlaw - 335 ratings. 4/2

Lg.Straight-5 numbers in a row (1,2,3,4,5 or 2,3,4,5,6)- Read a book with a large number of reviews (more than 789). Staking His Claim 3/7

YAHTZEE (5 of the same number)-Read any book of your choice- Save the Date 10/13

Chance (for when your roll doesn't fit anywhere else)- Read a book by a new author, take a chance ;) Blurred Lines: Volumes 1-4 1/5

Too Close to Call (Romancing the Clarksons #3.5; 1001 Dark Nights #61) by Tessa Bailey Somehow, Some Way (Billionaire Builders #2.5; 1001 Dark Nights #60) by Jennifer Probst Blurred Lines Volumes 1-4 (Blurred Lines, #1-4) by Breena Wilde Fall Fast (SEALs Undone, #5) by Zoe York Staking His Claim (Line of Duty, #5) by Tessa Bailey Tamed By The Outlaw (What Happens in Vegas #6) by Michelle Sharp Ain't He Precious? (Sex and Sweet Tea, #1) by Juliette Poe Blank Canvas (Big Easy, #1) by Mari Carr Stealing Christmas by Alexa Riley The Capture (The Marriage Diaries,#6; Invitation to Eden #18) by Erika Wilde Pulling Her Trigger (Ghost Riders MC, #1) by Alexa Riley Save the Date by Annabeth Albert Dirty Distractions (Afternoon Delight, #1) by Cari Quinn

message 9: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Feb 01, 2019 09:33PM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 19813 comments Yahtzee challenge
1 Nov 2017 - 30 Nov 2018

Read: 13/13
http://www.random.org/dice/

Nov - rolled 6,3,6,1,4 ; keep 3,4,6 | rolled 5,4 ; keep 5 | rolled 3.
Small straight (3,4,5,6)
Hell for the Company √ 8 Nov
Dec - missed roll. Alt task: Read a book with a holiday theme or celebration in the story or a book with gold or silver on the cover.
Full House.
A Christmas Hex √ 8 Dec
Jan - rolled 3,3,5,1,2 ; keep 3,3 | rolled 4,2,6; keep none | rolled 1,1,3. Final die: 3,3,1,1,3
Threes (3,3,3)
Shelter the Sea √ 28 Jan
Feb - Missed roll. Alt task: Read a historical romance or book with the color pink or black on the cover.
Hexslayer √ 14 Feb
Mar Missed roll. Alt task:
Read a Romantic Suspense or Military Romance or a book with orange or yellow on the cover.
Friendly Fire √ 29 Mar
April Rolled: 2,3,4,3,6; keep 2,3,4,6 | rolled 2; discard | rolled 4; discard. Use Chance (new author).
Rule Breaker √ 12 Apr
May Rolled: 3,2,3,5,4; keep 2,3,4,5 | rolled 3; discard | rolled 6. Large Straight! (more than 789 reviews)
Strong Enough (+2,685 reviews) √ 15 May
June Rolled: 5,3,1,6,1; keep 1,1 | rolled 5,1,5; keep 1 | rolled 1,4. Final die: 1,1,1,1,4. Ones!
Real Vampires Don't Sparkle ~ book 1 √ 13 Jun
July Rolled: 6,2,4,4,1; keep 4,4 | rolled 2,5,5; discard | rolled 5,4,6. Final die: 4,4,5,4,6. Fours!
Pick Up the Pieces √ 15 Jul
Aug Rolled: 2,5,6,6,6; keep 6,6,6 | rolled 6,2; keep 6 | rolled 1. Final die: 6,6,6,6,1. Sixes!
Stars & Stripes √ 19 Aug
Sep Missed roll: Read a book with a character that is school-aged.
Looks Over √ 5 Sep
Oct Missed roll: Read a book with an sinful, 'wicked' or badly-behaved character, or a book with black or gray on the cover.
The Well (Black, grey cover) - √ 16 Oct
Nov Missed roll: Read a book that has been lingering on your tbr for over 3 months or a book that you have been wanting to read for awhile or a book with a smile on the cover.
What Child Is This? (lingered on TBR for 7 years!!) - √ 3 Nov

√ Ones - Read a book with a one word title OR the first book in a series
Real Vampires Don't Sparkle ~ book 1 √ 13 Jun
√ Twos- Read a book with a two word title OR the second book in a series
Friendly Fire √ 29 Mar
√ Threes- Read a book with a three word title OR the third book in a series
Shelter the Sea √ 28 Jan
√ Fours- Read a book with a four word title OR the fouth book in a series
Pick Up the Pieces √ 15 Jul
√ Fives- Read a book with a five word title OR the fifth book in a series
The Well (Black, grey cover) - √ 16 Oct
√ Sixes- Read a book with a six word title OR the sixth book in a series
Stars & Stripes (book 6) √ 19 Aug

√ 3 of a kind-3 of the same number-Read a book with a '3' in the page count, OR a book with a word in the title that rhymes with 'three' (i.e. tree, be, me, see, agree)
Looks Over 372pp √ 5 Sep

√ 4 of a kind-4 of the same number- Read a book with a 4 somewhere in the publishing date OR a book with an average rating of at least a 4.0.
Alt task: Hexslayer √ 14 Feb

√ Full House-2 of the same number and 3 of the same number- Read a book with 2 or 3 colors on the cover.
Alt task: A Christmas Hex (colours: blue, black, white) √ 8 Dec

√ Sm.Straight-4 numbers in a row (i.e. 2,3,4,5) - Read a book with a small number of reviews (less than 456).
Nov 2017 ~ Hell for the Company 199 ratings √ 8 Nov

√ Lg.Straight-5 numbers in a row (1,2,3,4,5 or 2,3,4,5,6)- Read a book with a large number of reviews (more than 789).
May 2018 - Strong Enough (+2,685 reviews) √ 15 May

YAHTZEE (5 of the same number)- Read any book of your choice
What Child Is This? (lingered on TBR for 7 years!!) - √ 3 Nov

√ Chance (for when your roll doesn't fit anywhere else)- Read a book by a new author, take a chance ;)
Rule Breaker √ 12 Apr

message 10: by Stacie (last edited Jan 25, 2018 03:38AM) (new)

Stacie (cowmingo) | 1206 comments Rolls-

Nov:
Roll 1: 4, 6, 2, 5, 2 (keeping 2's)
Roll 2: 4, 2, 4 (Full House!)

Dec:
Roll 1: 5, 1, 5, 6, 2 (keeping 5's)
Roll 2: 6, 4, 1
Roll 3: 3, 5, 6

Three 5's: Three of a Kind

Jan: I forgot to roll. Oops. January- Read a book with one person on the cover (or animal or paranormal being) or a book with the color red on the cover

Book: Unqualified by Anna Faris 1/22 3 stars, has one person on the cover

Feb: Roll 1: 3, 4, 5, 6, 6 (Keep 3, 4, 5, 6)
Roll 2: 6
Roll 3: 2
Large Straight!

March
April
May
June
July
Aug
Sept
Oct
Nov

3 of a kind-3 of the same number-Read a book with a '3' in the page count, OR a book with a word in the title that rhymes with 'three' (i.e. tree, be, me, see, agree) My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories 12/9 3 stars Me in title, rhymes with three

4 of a kind-4 of the same number- Read a book with a 4 somewhere in the publishing date OR a book with an average rating of at least a 4.0.

Full House-2 of the same number and 3 of the same number- Read a book with 2 or 3 colors on the cover. Release by Patrick Ness
Release Patrick Ness
11/3 2 stars
3 colors on cover

Sm.Straight-4 numbers in a row (i.e. 2,3,4,5) - Read a book with a small number of reviews (less than 456).

Lg.Straight-5 numbers in a row (1,2,3,4,5 or 2,3,4,5,6)- Read a book with a large number of reviews (more than 789).

Chance (for when your roll doesn't fit anywhere else)- Read a book by a new author, take a chance ;)

message 11: by LaurLa (last edited Nov 24, 2018 09:41AM) (new)

LaurLa | 3360 comments The Yahtzee Challenge
November 1, 2017- November 30, 2018

MY Yahtzee Challenge (post 11)

Dice Roller

Rolls:

November: 1-2-4-5-6; (1)-(2)-4-5-6; (3)-(6)-4-5-6 → 3-4-5-6-6 → Sm Straight
December: 3-3-3-3-5; (2)-3-3-3-3; (4)-3-3-3-3 → 3-3-3-3-4 → 4 of a kind
January: 2-2-3-3-3 → Full House
February: 3-4-4-4-6; (1)-4-4-4-(6); (1)-(3)-4-4-4 → 1-3-4-4-4 → 3 of a kind
March: 1-2-2-3-5; 1-2-3-5-(1); 1-2-3-5-(6); → 1-2-3-5-6 → chance
April: 1-2-2-5-6; 2-2-(1)-(3)-(6); 2-2-(1)-(6)-(6); → 1-2-2-6-6 → fits nothing - alternate
May: 2-3-5-6-6; 6-6-(2)-(2)-(4); 6-6-(1)-(2)-(6); → 1-2-6-6-6 → Sixes
June: 1-2-2-4-6; 2-2-(1)-(2)-(4); 2-2-2-(2)-(6) → 2-2-2-2-6 → Twos
July: missed deadline - alternate task
August: 3-4-4-5-6; 4-4-(4)-(4)-(5); 4-4-4-4-(3) → 4-4-4-4-3 → Fours
September: 3-4-4-6-6; 3-(2)-(3)-(4)-(4); 3-3-(3)-(4)-(4) → 3-3-3-4-4 → Threes
October: 1-3-5-6-6; 5-(2)-(2)-(4)-(6); 5-(2)-(3)-(4)-(6) → 2-3-4-5-6 → fits nothing - alternate
November: 1-1-3-6-6; (2)-(3)-(4)-6-6; (2)-(2)-(3)-6-6 → 2-3-4-6-6 → fits nothing - alternate

Tasks:

✔🎲Ones - Read a book with a 1 word title OR #1 in a series: April Alternate - Read a book with water or flowers/trees on the cover or a book that makes you cry
Celtic Fire - Joy Nash - 04.12 ★★★
✔🎲Twos - Read a book with a 2 word title OR #2 in a series:
Citizen Insane - Karen Cantwell - 06.06 ★★★
✔🎲Threes - Read a book with a 3 word title OR #3 in a series:
A Sandcastle Christmas - J.D. Faver - 09.06 ★★★
✔🎲Fours - Read a book with a 4 word title OR #4 in a series:
All Out of Love - Lori Wilde - 08.19 ★★★★
✔🎲Fives - Read a book with a 5 word title OR #5 in a series: October Alternate - Read a book with black or gray on the cover.
The Angel - Tiffany Reisz - 10.20 ★★★★
✔🎲Sixes - Read a book with a 6 word title OR #6 in a series:
When He Was Wicked - Julia Quinn - 05.10 ★★★★

✔🎲3 of a kind - Read a book with a '3' in the page count OR a book with a word in the title that rhymes with 'three':
Touch Me - Christie Ridgway - 02.10 ★★★★
✔🎲4 of a kind - Read a book with a 4 somewhere in the publishing date OR a book with an average rating of at least a 4.0:
Memory in Death - J.D. Robb ~ pubbed Jan 24, 2006 - 12.05 ★★★★
✔🎲Full House - Read a book with 2 or 3 colors on the cover:
You Say It First - Susan Mallery - 01.25 ★★★★
✔🎲Sm.Straight - Read a book with a small number of reviews (less than 456):
Windswept Danger - Terry Odell ~ 14 reviews - 11.06 ★★★
✔🎲Lg.Straight - Read a book with a large number of reviews (more than 789): July Alternate - Read a romance with a vehicle of any kind on the cover
I Got You, Babe - Jane Graves - 01.25 ★★★★
✔🎲YAHTZEE! - Read any book of your choice: November Alternate - Read a book that has been lingering on your tbr for over 3 months
A Civil Contract - Georgette Heyer - 11.09 ★★★
✔🎲Chance - Read a book by a new author, take a chance:
Relationships, Pie, and Other Complicated Stuff - A. Lynn Powers - 03.08 ★★★

message 12: by Nikki the Sapphired Book Dragon (last edited Nov 30, 2017 07:32PM) (new)

Nikki the Sapphired Book Dragon (sapphireddragon) | 578 comments I am in. This looks like fun :-)

Rolls:
Nov: 1,2,3,4,5 - 🎲Lg.Straight - Read a book with a large number of reviews (more than 789) The King completed 11/7/17

Dec: 6,6,6,2,2 Full House : Read a book with 2 or 3 colors on the cover.

Jan:
Feb:
March:
April:
May:
June:
July:
Aug:
Sept:
Oct:
Nov:

3 of a kind-3 of the same number-Read a book with a '3' in the page count, OR a book with a word in the title that rhymes with 'three' (i.e. tree, be, me, see, agree)

Full House-2 of the same number and 3 of the same number- Read a book with 2 or 3 colors on the cover. - December Task

Sm.Straight-4 numbers in a row (i.e. 2,3,4,5) - Read a book with a small number of reviews (less than 456).

Lg.Straight-5 numbers in a row (1,2,3,4,5 or 2,3,4,5,6)- Read a book with a large number of reviews (more than 789). November Task

message 13: by Lorien (last edited Nov 01, 2018 07:33PM) (new)

Lorien | 16 comments Ooooh I shouldn't, I already have two challenges for 2018... But I'm gonna try anyway.

Nov - (6 4 6 5 3 ), re-rolled one 6 (1) and again (2) , Lg.Straight - Read a book with a large number of reviews (more than 789).
Fake Fiancée, by Ilsa Madden-Mills
- Finished: 11/3, rated: meh~

Dec - ( 3 2 3 2 3 ), rerolled the 2's, for (3 6 ) and then the 6 for another (2). Ending roll ( 3 3 3 3 2 )
Fours- Read the third book in a series.
Devil in Spring (The Ravenels #3), by Lisa Kleypas - 12/30
Devil in Winter (Wallflowers, #3), by Lisa Kleypas (got these 2 mixed up and started reading them both. )
- 12/31

Jan - ( 4 5 4 5 5 ) - Full House-2 of the same number and 3 of the same number- Read a book with 2 or 3 colors on the cover.
Bound by Light

Feb - ( 2 6 1 1 2 ) - rerolled the 6 ( 6 ) :/, rerolled again ( 2 ). Ending roll ( 1 1 2 2 2 ).
Twos- Read a book with a two word title OR the second book in a series.
Say Yes to the Marquess, by Tessa Dare - ( 2/24 )

March - (2 1 6 2 4 ) - rerolled a 2 and 6 ( 3, 6 ). Final ( 1 2 3 4 & Unused 6)
Sm.Straight - Read a book with a small number of reviews (less than 456).
maybe The Frost Maiden's Kiss, Claire Delacroix ( 42 reviews at this reading )- (3/19)

April - ( 1 2 2 3 4 ) - rerolled 1 3 4 ( 5 6 3 ), ( 5 4 2 ). End ( 2 2 2 4 5 )
3 of a kind-3 of the same number - Firelight, by Kristen Callihan

May - ( 3 4 5 6 6 ) - rerolled 3, 4 & 5. Rolled ( 6 5 3 ). rerolled 5 & 3 - ( 4 3 ). Final ( 6 6 6 4 3)
Sixes- Read a book with a six word title OR the sixth book in a series -When the Marquess Met His Match-by Laura Lee Guhrke

June ( 5 4 6 5 6 ), kept 5's ( 5 5 2 ), rerolled 2 ( 3 ) - final ( 5 5 5 5 3 )
Fives- Read a book with a five word title OR the fifth book in a series OR
Must Love Chainmail - by Angela Quarles (rating of 4.07 as of 6/10)

July ( 4 5 1 4 6 ) - kept 4's rerolled ( 4 5 5 ), skipped 3rd roll, final ( 4 4 4 5 5 ).
Fours- Read a book with a four word title OR the forth book in a series OR
3 of a kind-3 of the same number-Read a book with a '3' in the page count, OR a book with a word in the title that rhymes with 'three' (i.e. tree, be, me, see, agree)
The Handbook to Handling His Lordship - by Suzanne Enoch #4 in a series

Aug ( 1 2 3 1 5 ) rerolled a 1 ( got 5) rerolled again and got 1 - final (1 1 2 3 5)
Alternate or chance then.
August- Read a book set on a farm, ranch, island or castle or a book with a sun or clouds on the cover.
My Laird's Castle by Bess McBride (8/22)

Sept ( 3 1 4 2 5 ) Already used my lg straight so I kept the five, ( 2 5 2 5 ) kept 5's (3 4) - final row (5 5 5 4 3 ).
More or Less a Marchioness, by Anna Bradley √ cute
( A Girl's Guide to Vampires, by Katie MacAlister - finished this too but it suuuucked)

Oct ( 1 4 4 2 1) kept the 4's ( 5 2 4 ), kept 4 ( 6 6 ), final roll ( 4 4 4 6 6 )
Fours- Read a book with a four word title OR the forth book in a series
Must Love More Kilts, by Angela Quarles (forth in the series AND a four word title)

Nov ( 5 2 2 5 2 ) kept the 2's, ( 4 1 ) kept neither ( 3 2 ), final ( 2 2 2 2 3 ).
Well not the yahtzee I was hoping for so I'll do the alt.
Read a book that has been lingering on your tbr for over 3 months or a book that you have been wanting to read for awhile or a book with a smile on the cover.

(view spoiler)

Fake Fiancée by Ilsa Madden-Mills Devil in Spring (The Ravenels, #3) by Lisa Kleypas Bound by Light (The Dark Crescent Sisterhood, #3) by Anna Windsor Say Yes to the Marquess (Castles Ever After, #2) by Tessa Dare The Frost Maiden's Kiss (The True Love Brides, #3) by Claire Delacroix Firelight (Darkest London, #1) by Kristen Callihan When the Marquess Met His Match (An American Heiress in London, #1) by Laura Lee Guhrke Must Love Chainmail (Must Love, #2) by Angela Quarles The Handbook to Handling His Lordship (Scandalous Brides, #4) by Suzanne Enoch My Laird's Castle (My Laird's Castle, #1) by Bess McBride , More or Less a Marchioness (The Somerset Sisters, #1) by Anna Bradley , Must Love More Kilts (Must Love, #4) by Angela Quarles

message 14: by Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (last edited Aug 27, 2018 04:44PM) (new)

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1079 comments Yahtzee Challenge-

For Ones - Sixes - you need 3 of the same number to claim that task. It could be more, but at least 3

1*,5,6,5,3
6,1*,4,1*
Jabril, D.B. Reynolds

Twos- Read a book with a two word title OR the second book in a series Cold Pressed Murder, Kelly Lane...01.25.2018
3*,2,2,6,3*
6,3*,5
The Mane Event, Shelly Laurenston 24 APR 2018

5*5*,2,3,1 2,*5,4 3,1
Hallowed Bones, Carolyn Haines....11.16.2017

1, 6*, 3, 6*, 4
3, 6*, 5
3, 3
The Sign of the Twisted Candles, Carolyn Keene...05 31 2018

Full House-2 of the same number and 3 of the same number- Read a book with 2 or 3 colors on the cover.

2*, 4*, 5*, 5, 6
3*
Probable Claws, Rita Mae Brown01 Aug 18 (343)

Lg.Straight-5 numbers in a row (1,2,3,4,5 or 2,3,4,5,6)- Read a book with a large number of reviews (more than 789).
Hidden Figures: The American Dream and the Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematicians Who Helped Win the Space Race, margot lee shetterley...03.01.2018

3 3 3 4 3
3 3 3 5 3
3 3 3 3 3
A Certain Age, Beatriz Williams...12.28.2018

1 4* 2 6 4*
2 6 1
2 6 2
Yarn to Go, Betty Hechtman...02.06.2018

September- Read a book with a scene that takes place in a school or library or has a character that is school-aged or a teacher in the story. Or read a book with a form of punctuation on the cover or any shade of the color blue...
File M for Murder, Miranda James

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1079 comments Ive missed this....

message 16: by Christina T (last edited Aug 09, 2018 12:23AM) (new)

Christina T (crysteena73) | 801 comments Oh this sounds fun! I'm in....

Rolls-
Nov : Four of a Kind 4 4 4 4 3
Task: 4 of a kind-4 of the same number- Read a book with a 4 somewhere in the publishing date OR a book with an average rating of at least a 4.0.
Book: Hello AgainbyBrenda Novak GR Rating of 4.62 Stars
Book: Hello Again (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #2) by Brenda Novak
AuthorBrenda Novak
Date Read 11/9/17
Rating 4 Stars
Review https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

December- Read a book with a holiday theme or celebration in the story or a book with gold or silver on the cover.
The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas
Book: The Assassin's Blade (Throne of Glass, #0.1-0.5) by Sarah J. Maas
Date Read 5/15/18
Rating: 4 Stars
Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

January- Read a book with one person on the cover (or animal or paranormal being) or a book with the color red on the cover
Cooper's Charm by Lori Foster
Book: Cooper's Charm (Love at the Resort, #1) by Lori Foster
Date Read: 6/19/18
Rating: 3 Stars

February- Read a historical romance or book with the color pink or black on the cover.
The Drowned Girls by Loreth Anne White
Book: The Drowned Girls (Angie Pallorino, #1) by Loreth Anne White
Date Read: 6/25/18

March- Read a Romantic Suspense or Military Romance or a book with orange or yellow on the cover.
Notorious by Allison Brennan
Book: Notorious (Max Revere, #1) by Allison Brennan
Date Read: 6/11/18
Rating: 3 Stars

April: Roll 1=1,1,2,4,4
Roll 2= Kept 4,4 added 4.5.6
Roll 3=Kept 4,4,4 added 6,6
Full House
Read a book with 2 or 3 colors on the cover
Book The Apprentice by Tess Gerritsen
Book: The Apprentice (Rizzoli & Isles, #2) by Tess Gerritsen
Date Read: 5/07/18

May- Read a humorous/funny romance or a book with green or jewelry on the cover
(Hoping to read Howl For It (Pride, #0.5) by Shelly Laurenston )

June- Read a paranormal or urban fantasy romance or a book with the color purple or pink on the cover.
(Hoping to read What Ales the Earl (Widow's Brew, #1) by Sally MacKenzie )

July- Read a romance book where a character in the story travels somewhere or a romance with a vehicle of any kind on the cover.
(Hoping to read Sit...Stay...Beg (The Dogfather, #1) by Roxanne St. Claire )

(Hoping to read No Kissing Under the Boardwalk by Kate Angell ..clouds)

Sept
Oct
Nov

message 17: by Calila (last edited Oct 28, 2017 12:49AM) (new)

Calila | 2744 comments MINE MINE MINE!!

Rolls-
Nov - 1* 2* 3* 5 6 - 1* 2* 3* 6 6 - 1* 2* 3* 4* 6 - Small Straight
Dec
Jan
Feb
March
April
May
June
July
Aug
Sept
Oct
Nov

message 18: by jenny (last edited Nov 14, 2018 03:47AM) (new)

jenny (ynnej405) | 353 comments Sounds fun! I'm in!
Dice Roller

Rolls:
Nov: Roll 1: 6-2-5-4-3 (Lg. Straight: 2-3-4-5-6)
Dec: Roll 1: 2-2-2-2-3 (kept 2s), Roll 2: 3, Roll 3: 1 (4 of a kind: 2-2-2-2)
Jan: Roll 1: 3-3-3-4-5 (kept 3s), Roll 2: 1-1 (Full House: 3-3-3-1-1)
Feb: Roll 1: 1-2-5-5-6 (kept 5s), Roll 2: 1-2-4, Roll 3: 4-1-6 (Chance: 5-5-4-1-6)
March: Roll 1: 1-2-3-4-6 (Sm. Staight: 1-2-3-4)
April: Roll 1: 4-1-1-1-2 (kept 1s), Roll 2: 3-5, Roll 3: 6-5 (Ones: 1-1-1)
May: Roll 1: 2-5-5-6-6 (kept 5's), Roll 2: 6-6-1, Roll 3: 4-5-6 (Fives: 5-5-5)
June: Roll 1: 2-6-3-4-4 (kept 4s), Roll 2: 3-3-4 (kept 4), Roll 3: 2-1 (Fours: 4-4-4)
July: Roll 1: 4-6-4-6-6 (kept 6s), Roll 2: 1-2, Roll 3: 4-3 (3 of a kind: 6-6-6)
Aug: Roll 1: 11-2-3-3 (kept 3s), Roll 2: 1-2-5, Roll 3: 3-6-1 (Threes: 3-3-3)
Sept: Roll 1: 1-1-1-4-6 (kept 1s), Roll 2: 3-3, Roll 3: 6-6 (Alternate Task for Sixes)
Oct: Roll 1: 1-2-3-5-6 (kept 2), Roll 2: 3-3-4-4, Roll 3: 5-6-5-1 (Alternate Task for Yahtzee)
Nov: Roll 1: 3-5-3-4-4, Roll 2: 1-5-4-5-6, Roll 3: 4-1-2-2-1 (Alternate Task for Twos)

Ones - Read a book with a one word title OR the first book in a series: Wrecking Ball - first book in the Hard to Love series (Date read: 4/12)
Twos- Alternate Task for November: Read a book that has been lingering on your tbr for over 3 months: Down London Road - been on my tbr since Feb 17 (Date read: 11/13)
Threes- Read a book with a three word title OR the third book in a series: One Tiny Lie - three word title (Date read: 8/10)
Fours- Read a book with a four word title OR the fouth book in a series: Maybe in Another Life - four word title (Date read: 6/6)
Fives- Read a book with a five word title OR the fifth book in a series: 53 Letters for My Lover - five word title (Date read: 5/28)
Sixes- Alternate Task for September: Ghosted - Maddie is school aged (Date read: 9/13)

3 of a kind-3 of the same number-Read a book with a '3' in the page count, OR a book with a word in the title that rhymes with 'three' (i.e. tree, be, me, see, agree): The Goal - 350 pages (Date read: 7/13)

4 of a kind-4 of the same number- Read a book with a 4 somewhere in the publishing date OR a book with an average rating of at least a 4.0.: A Christmas Wedding - average rating of 4.47 (Date read: 12/4)

Full House-2 of the same number and 3 of the same number- Read a book with 2 or 3 colors on the cover: One Pink Line by Dina Silver - Pink and white on the cover (Date read: 1/11)

Sm.Straight-4 numbers in a row (i.e. 2,3,4,5) - Read a book with a small number of reviews (less than 456): Book Boyfriend - 186 reviews (Date read: 3/7)

Lg.Straight-5 numbers in a row (1,2,3,4,5 or 2,3,4,5,6)- Read a book with a large number of reviews (more than 789): Losing It - 6,712 reviews (Date read: 11/10)

YAHTZEE (5 of the same number)-Read any book of your choice - Alternate Task for September: The Paper Swan - mainly black cover: The Paper Swan by Leylah Attar (Date read: 10/22)

Chance (for when your roll doesn't fit anywhere else)- Read a book by a new author, take a chance ;): Naked in Death - new to me author (Date read: 2/8)

message 19: by Nicole (last edited Oct 26, 2018 07:06AM) (new)

Nicole P | 3200 comments This looks like fun! Never played before but count me in😀

The Yahtzee Challenge - November 1,2017- November 30, 2018

12/13 completed

🎲 November 2017 🎲
Roll: 3, 3, 6, 6, 6
Challenge: Full House-2 of the same number and 3 of the same number- Read a book with 2 or 3 colors on the cover
Book:On a Tuesday by Whitney G.
Completed: (09/11) ★★★

🎲 December 2017 🎲
Roll: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Challenge: Lg.Straight-5 numbers in a row (1,2,3,4,5 or 2,3,4,5,6)- Read a book with a large number of reviews (more than 789).
Book: Up in Smoke by Tessa Bailey
Completed: (26/11) ★★★

🎲 January 2018 🎲
Roll: 2, 2, 1, 2, 4
Challenge: Twos- Read a book with a two word title OR the second book in a series
Book: Worked Up by Tessa Bailey
Completed: (01/01) ★★★★

🎲 February 2018 🎲
Roll: 4, 4, 4, 4, 2
Challenge: 4 of a kind-4 of the same number- Read a book with a 4 somewhere in the publishing date OR a book with an average rating of at least a 4.0.
Book: Owned by Fate by Tessa Bailey - published 29/10/2014
Completed: (28/01) ★★★★

🎲 March 2018 🎲
Roll: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6
Challenge: Sm. Straight - 4 numbers in a row (i.e. 2,3,4,5) - Read a book with a small number of reviews (less than 456).
Book: Straight Up Irish by Magan Vernon - 100 reviews on 02/02/2018
Completed: (02/03) ★★★

🎲 April 2018 🎲
Roll: 1, 5, 6, 6, 6
Challenge: 3 of a kind-3 of the same number-Read a book with a '3' in the page count, OR a book with a word in the title that rhymes with 'three' (i.e. tree, be, me, see, agree)
Book: A Moment of Weakness by Brooklyn Skye - 232 pages (Kindle Edition)
Completed: (07/04) ★★★

🎲 May 2018 🎲
Roll: 6, 6, 3, 3, 3
Challenge: Threes- Read a book with a three word title OR the third book in a series
Book: I Dare You by Ilsa Madden-Mills - three word title
Completed: (28/04) ★★★★

🎲 June 2018 🎲
Roll: 4, 4, 6, 6, 6
Challenge: Full House - 2 of the same number and 3 of the same number: Read a book with 2 or 3 colors on the cover.
Book: Incredible You by Lili Valente
Completed: (03/06) ★★★★

🎲 July 2018 🎲
Roll: 4, 4, 4, 4, 4
Challenge: YAHTZEE (5 of the same number) - Read any book of your choice
Book: Hard Hitter by Sarina Bowen
Completed: (01/07) ★★★★

🎲 August 2018 🎲
Roll: 5, 5, 6, 6, 6
Challenge: Sixes- Read a book with a six word title OR the sixth book in a series
Book: The Girl Who Owned a City by O.T. Nelson
Completed: (24/08) ★★★

🎲 September 2018 🎲
Roll: 3, 3, 5, 5, 5
Challenge: Fives - Read a book with a five word title OR the fifth book in a series
Book: The One You Can't Forget by Roni Loren
Completed: (04/09) ★★★★

🎲 October 2018 🎲
Roll: 1, 1, 1, 1, 2
Challenge: Ones - Read a book with a one word title OR the first book in a series
Book:
Completed:

🎲 November 2018 🎲
Roll: 1, 1, 5, 6, 6
Challenge: November Alternate Task- Read a book that has been lingering on your tbr for over 3 months or a book that you have been wanting to read for awhile or a book with a smile on the cover.
Book:
Completed:

On a Tuesday (One Week, #1) by Whitney G. Up in Smoke (Crossing the Line, #2) by Tessa Bailey Worked Up (Made in Jersey, #3) by Tessa Bailey Owned by Fate (Serve, #1) by Tessa Bailey Straight Up Irish (Murphy Brothers, #1) by Magan Vernon A Moment of Weakness (Boston Alibi #1) by Brooklyn Skye I Dare You (The Hook Up, #1) by Ilsa Madden-Mills Incredible You (Sexy Flirty Dirty, #3) by Lili Valente Hard Hitter (Brooklyn Bruisers #2) by Sarina Bowen The Girl Who Owned a City by O.T. Nelson The One You Can't Forget (The Ones Who Got Away, #2) by Roni Loren 12 13

message 20: by Lilly (last edited Apr 05, 2018 03:22AM) (new)

Lilly | 67 comments I'm in!

Rolls -
Nov: 4,4,1,2,2; Reroll: 3 ; Reroll: 4 ; Final: 4,4,4,2,2
Dec: 5;2;1;3;3 Reroll: 6 ; Reroll: 4; Final: 5;2;1;3;4
Jan: 3, 4,5, 6, 1
Feb: 5, 6, 1, 6, 5 Reroll: 1 Reroll 5 Final: 5, 6, 5, 6, 5
Mar: 2 5 6 4 5 Reroll 1: 1 2 4 Reroll 2: 5 6 2 Final: 5 5 5
April: 5, 5, 3, 2, 4 Reroll: 2, 1; 5 Reroll: 6, 1 Final: 5, 5, 5
May:
June:
July:
Aug:
Sept:
Oct:
Nov:

Ones -
Twos-
Threes-
✔Fours- Puck Me Baby by Lili Valente ★★★★ November 22
✔Fives- Cold Case at Camden Crossing by Rita Herron ★★★★ March 12
Sixes-

Puck Me Baby (Bad Motherpuckers, #4) by Lili Valente Cold Case at Camden Crossing by Rita Herron

3 of a kind-

✔4 of a kind- Say You'll Stay by Corinne Michaels ★★★★ April 5

Full House- Third Son's a Charm by Shana Galen ★★★★ February 15

✔Sm.Straight- Locked, Loaded and SEALed by Carol Ericson ★★★ January 6

✔Lg.Straight- What Light by Jay Asher ★★ December 7

YAHTZEE

Chance

What Light by Jay Asher Locked, Loaded and SEALed (Red, White and Built) by Carol Ericson Third Son's a Charm (The Survivors, #1) by Shana Galen Say You'll Stay (Return to Me #1) by Corinne Michaels

message 21: by ❀Tea❀ (last edited Mar 28, 2018 09:11AM) (new)

❀Tea❀ (ttea) | 51 comments Yay! It's back!
I'm in :)

Duration: 01.11.2017.-30.11.2018.

Ones, Twos, Threes, Fours, Fives, Sixes
3 of a kind, 4 of a kind, Full House, Sm Straight, Lg Straight, YAHTZEE, Chance

Roll 1: 5-3-2-2-2 → 1-1-(2)-(2)-(2)
Full House
Postmortem by Patricia Cornwell by Patricia Cornwell - 10.11.17 - ★★★ - black/white/red

Roll 2: 1-2-2-2-31-(2)-(2)-(2)-3 → 4-(2)-(2)-(2)-2
4 of a kind
Blood Kiss by J.R. Ward - 08.12.17 - ★★★★ - rating 4,35 at the time of posting

Roll 3: 5-6-4-2-1 → (5)-(6)-(4)-(2)-3
Lg Straight
New York to Dallas by J.D. Robb - 07.01.18 - ★★★ - 1,322 reviews at the time of posting

Roll 4: forgot to roll :(
alternative task (sixes): Read a historical romance or book with the color pink or black on the cover.
Mansfield Park by Jane Austen - 25.02.18 - ★★★★

Roll 5: forgot to roll :(
alternative task (fives): Read a Romantic Suspense or Military Romance or a book with orange or yellow on the cover.
Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles, #2) by Ilona Andrews by Ilona Andrews - 03.03.18

Roll 6: 6-2-1-2-63-(2)-2-(2)-1 → 6-(2)-(2)-(2)-2
Twos

message 22: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11051 comments Welcome Everyone!

I'm excited to host this one again :)

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have if you are new to this challenge. You will get the hang of it once you can roll. Also, it's helpful to look at other participants posts.

I'm ready for October 25th to get here so the rolling can begin!

message 23: by Hanne (last edited Jun 29, 2018 01:18PM) (new)

Hanne | 113 comments Rolls -

Nov: 1, 1, 2, 4, 6 - 1, 1, 2, 3, 4 -- Sm. Straight
Dec: 2, 2, 4, 5, 6 - 1, 2, 2, 2, 6 - 2, 2, 2, 3, 5 -- Twos
Jan: 2, 3, 4, 4, 5 - 2, 3, 4, 5, 5 - 2, 3, 4, 4, 5 -- Chance
Feb: 1, 3, 4, 4, 6 - 2, 4, 4, 4, 6 - 1, 2, 4, 4, 4 -- Fours
Mar: 3, 3, 4, 6, 6 - 1, 2, 5, 6, 6 - 3, 4, 5, 6, 6 --
April: 2, 3, 3, 5, 6 - 2, 3, 3, 5, 6 - 2, 3, 3, 3, 3 --
May: 1, 1, 2, 6, 6 - 1, 1, 3, 3, 4 - 1, 1, 2, 3, 3 --
June: 1, 2, 4, 6, 6 - 2, 4, 6, 6, 6 - 1, 4, 6, 6, 6
July: 1, 1, 3, 4, 5 - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 -- Lg.Straight
Aug:
Sept:
Oct:
Nov:

Twos - Read a book with a two word title OR the second book in a series
Threes - Read a book with a three word title OR the third book in a series
Fours - Read a book with a four word title OR the fouth book in a series
Fives - Read a book with a five word title OR the fifth book in a series
Sixes - Read a book with a six word title OR the sixth book in a series

3 of a kind -3 of the same number-Read a book with a '3' in the page count, OR a book with a word in the title that rhymes with 'three' (i.e. tree, be, me, see, agree)

4 of a kind -4 of the same number- Read a book with a 4 somewhere in the publishing date OR a book with an average rating of at least a 4.0.

Full House -2 of the same number and 3 of the same number- Read a book with 2 or 3 colors on the cover.

Sm.Straight -4 numbers in a row (i.e. 2,3,4,5) - Read a book with a small number of reviews (less than 456).

Lg.Straight -5 numbers in a row (1,2,3,4,5 or 2,3,4,5,6)- Read a book with a large number of reviews (more than 789).

message 24: by cherryjellybeans (last edited Mar 01, 2018 07:49PM) (new)

cherryjellybeans (cherryandjellybeans) | 181 comments I'm in for the first time too. This looks like fun.

Nov 17 Roll
Roll 1 - 3,4,1,4,2
Roll 2 - 3,2,1,2,4
Roll 3 - 6,1,1,6,1
Task - 3 of a kind
Book - Love & Gelato
Page Count: 335
Date - 12/10/17

Dec 17 Roll
R1 - 3,2,2, 6, 3, Kept 2,2
R2- 1,4, 2, 2,2
Task: Twos - Second Book in a Series
Book: The Gold Thief
Date: 1/18/18

Jan 18 Roll
R1 - 6,4,2,3,5
R2 - 2,2,1,3,1 Kept 1,1
R3 - 1,1,5,2,4
Task - Chance - read a book by a new author
Book Ida by Alison Evans
Date: 1/27/18

Feb 18 Roll
R1 - 1,2,3,3,3 Kept 3,3,3
R2 - 1,6,3,3,3 Kept 3,3,3
R3- 3,3,3,3,3
Task - Threes - Three word title
Book Queens of Geek
Date:

March 18 Roll
R1 3,6,4,2,4 Kept 4s
R2, 1,2,3, 4,4,
Task: Small Straight
Book: Remind Me How This Ends
Date:

message 25: by Karen ♐ (last edited Nov 14, 2018 06:13PM) (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 1278 comments So glad this is back!

The Yahtzee Challenge - November 1, 2017- November 30, 2018
100 pg min
13/13

Rolls-
♐Nov - 3,1,2,3,3; 4,5; 6,4 - 3 of a kind-3 of the same number-Read a book with a '3' in the page count - 328 pgs - Love After Dark Marie Force - 11/3

♐Dec - 6,3,2,1,6; 1,4,3; 6,3,5 - Sixes- Read the sixth book in a series - Too Far Gone Marliss Melton - 12/7

♐Jan - 3,3,2,5,4; 3; 1 - Sm.Straight-4 numbers in a row (i.e. 2,3,4,5) - Read a book with a small number of reviews (less than 456). - 24 reviews - Code of Silence Marliss Melton - 1/3

♐Feb - 1,2,1,2,3; 4; 5 - Twos- Read a book with a two word title - Wicked Need Sawyer Bennett - 2/16

♐March - 5,2,1,5,1; 1 - Full House-2 of the same number and 3 of the same number- Read a book with 2 or 3 colors on the cover. - Mackenzie's Mountain (Mackenzie Family, #1) by Linda Howard Linda Howard - 3/3

♐April - 4,3,2,5,6 - Lg.Straight-5 numbers in a row (1,2,3,4,5 or 2,3,4,5,6)- Read a book with a large number of reviews (more than 789). - 857 reviews - Innocent in Death J.D. Robb - 4/20

♐May - 4,1,5,2,6; 5,4,5,1,3; 5,6,3 - Fives- Read a book with a five word title OR the fifth book in a series - The Dom with a Safeword Sorcha Black - 5/25

♐June - 6,3,6,1,3; 5,1,3; 2,3 - 4 of a kind-4 of the same number- Read a book with a 4 somewhere in the publishing date OR a book with an average rating of at least a 4.0. - Pub 6/17/2014 - Revenge Shelly Bell - 6/4

♐July - 3,4,2,5,4; 4,5,6; 3,4 - Fours- Read a book with a four word title OR the fourth book in a series - Wilde Nights in Paradise Tonya Burrows - 7/15

♐Aug - 2,6,1,1,3; 3,4,6; 1,2,3 - Ones - Read a book with a one word title OR the first book in a series - Satisfaction K.M. Golland - 8/2

♐Sept - 6,2,6,5,4; 6,5,1; 5,2 - Chance - Read a book by a new author - It Had to Be Him Tamra Baumann - 9/13

♐Oct - Alternate - Read a book with an sinful, 'wicked' or badly-behaved character, or a book with black or gray on the cover - Fire & Dark (The Night Horde SoCal, #3) by Susan Fanetti Susan Fanetti - 10/9

♐Nov - 1,2,2,3,2; 3,3; 2,3,5 - Threes- Read a book with a three word title OR the third book in a series - Bound by Hatred Cora Reilly - 11/8

Ones - Read a book with a one word title - Satisfaction (Temptation, #2) by K.M. Golland - 8/2
Twos- Read a book with a two word title - Wicked Need (The Wicked Horse, #3) by Sawyer Bennett - 2/16
Threes- Read a book with a three word title OR the third book in a series - Bound by Hatred (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #3) by Cora Reilly - 11/8
Fours- Read a book with a four word title - Wilde Nights in Paradise (Wilde Security, #1) by Tonya Burrows - 7/15
Fives- Read a book with a five word title - The Dom with a Safeword (Badass Brats, #1) by Sorcha Black - 5/25
Sixes- Read the sixth book in a series - Too Far Gone (SEAL Team 12, #6) by Marliss Melton - 12/7
3 of a kind-3 of the same number-Read a book with a '3' in the page count, 328 pgs - Love After Dark (Gansett Island, #13) by Marie Force - 11/3
4 of a kind-4 of the same number- Read a book with a 4 somewhere in the publishing date - Pub 2014 - Revenge (White Collared, #3) by Shelly Bell - 6/4
Full House-2 of the same number and 3 of the same number- Read a book with 2 or 3 colors on the cover. - Mackenzie's Mountain (Mackenzie Family, #1) by Linda Howard - 3/3

Sm.Straight-4 numbers in a row (i.e. 2,3,4,5) - Read a book with a small number of reviews (less than 456). - Code of Silence (Seal Team 12, #7.5) by Marliss Melton - 1/3

Lg.Straight-5 numbers in a row (1,2,3,4,5 or 2,3,4,5,6)- Read a book with a large number of reviews (more than 789). - 857 reviews - Innocent in Death - 4/20

Chance (for when your roll doesn't fit anywhere else)- Read a book by a new author, take a chance ;) - It Had to Be Him (It Had to Be #1) by Tamra Baumann - 9/13

message 26: by Chan (last edited Nov 21, 2018 06:20PM) (new)

Chan | 3483 comments 9/13 Completed

Monthly Rolls
Nov: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4 | 2, 2, 2, 3, 5 | 2, 2, 2, 2, 4 - Four of a kind
Dec: 1, 1, 2, 6, 3 | 1, 1, 3, 3, 6 | 1, 1, 1, 3, 3 - Full House
Jan: 2, 5, 6, 5, 2 | 2, 2, 4, 1, 4 | 2, 2, 5, 3, 2 - 3 of a kind
Feb: 1, 2, 3, 1, 3 | 1, 2, 3, 1, 3 | 1, 2, 3, 3, 3 - Threes
Mar: 1, 1, 1, 3, 5 | 1, 1, 1, 6, 6 | 1, 1, 1, 2, 3 - Ones
Apr: 4, 4, 5, 3, 2 | 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 | No Roll - Large Straight
May: 6, 1, 1, 3, 2 | 1, 2, 3, 5, 4| No Roll - Small Straight
June: 4, 4, 4, 3, 2 | 4, 4, 4, 1, 5 | 4, 4, 4, 2, 5 - Fours
July: 3, 3, 5, 1, 5 | 5, 5, 5, 2, 5 | 5, 5, 5, 5, 3 - Fives
Aug: 1, 2, 6, 6, 5 | 6, 6, 6, 6, 1 | 6, 6, 6, 6, 5 - Sixes
Sept: 2, 3, 2, 5, 4 | 2, 2, 5, 4, 1 | 2, 2, 1, 3, 6 - Twos
Oct: 4, 5, 6, 4, 6 | 4, 4, 4, 6, 2 | 4, 4, 4, 1, 6 - Chance
Nov: 3, 5, 6, 4, 5 | 5, 5, 4, 4, 5 | 5, 5, 5, 5, 6 - Bust

Ones – The Duke and I | Mar 9 | Book 1
Twos – Thrown Down | Sept 6 | 2 word title & 2nd book
Threes – Lumberjack in Love | Feb 6 | 3 word title
Fours – Nobody's Baby But Mine | Jun 22 | 4 word title
Fives – An Accidental Affair | July 4 | Alternate Task
Sixes – Tournament of Losers | Aug 11 | Alternate Task

3 of a Kind – Axel | Jan 1 | Page 3
4 of a Kind – Clash | Nov 9 | 4.11 Stars
Full House – Until Lilly | Dec 2 | 3 Colors (black, purple, grey)
Small Straight – The Edge of Courage | May 19 | 293 Reviews
Large Straight – Silence is Golden | Apr 1 | 4,621 ratings
Chance - Try | Oct 7 | New Author
YAHTZEE – Beneath These Scars | Nov 16 | Alternate Task

Clash (Crash, #2) by Nicole Williams Until Lilly (Until, #3) by Aurora Rose Reynolds Axel (Corps Security, #1) by Harper Sloan Lumberjack in Love by Penny Watson Silence is Golden (Storm and Silence, #3) by Robert Thier The Duke and I (Bridgertons, #1) by Julia Quinn The Edge of Courage (Red Team, #1) by Elaine Levine Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips An Accidental Affair (Liliana Batchelor, #1) by Holly Blackstone Tournament of Losers by Megan Derr Thrown Down (Made in Jersey, #2) by Tessa Bailey Try (Temptation, #1) by Ella Frank Beneath These Scars (Beneath, #4) by Meghan March

message 27: by Fyre.Katz (new)

Fyre.Katz (fyrekatz) | 184 comments this sounds interesting... I'll join in too!

message 28: by Fyre.Katz (last edited Nov 16, 2017 06:28PM) (new)

Fyre.Katz (fyrekatz) | 184 comments The Yahtzee Challenge - November 1,2017- November 30, 2018

Rolls:

Nov: Finished Nov.16, 2017
rolled: 3,4,3,2,1 rerolled the 3 and got a 4 rerolled it again and got a 1... so I got a Sm.Straight.
Cinder by Marie Sexton

Dec
Jan
Feb
March
April
May
June
July
Aug
Sept
Oct
Nov

message 29: by Someoneyouknow (last edited Jul 01, 2018 08:12AM) (new)

Someoneyouknow | 562 comments I'm in!

Read 8/13

Rolls:
Nov: (54524) > (55621) > (55561) - Fives
Dec: (63615) > (66325) > (66632) - Sixes
Jan: (61246) > (66531) > (66144) - Chance
Feb: (64151) > (45642) > (34564) - Sm. Straight
March: (43643) > (33322) > (33315) - Threes
April: (56252) > (22346) > (22266) - Full House
May: (22564) > (22364) > (22435) - Alternative task - Bruges-La-Morte by Georges Rodenbach Bruges-La-Morte by Georges Rodenbach (a book with green on the cover) - 10/05/18
June: (44243) - Fours
July: (21223) > (22264) > (22221) - Twos or 4 of a kind
Aug:
Sept:
Oct:
Nov:

Threes- Read a book with a three word title OR the third book in a series - Petits Crimes Conjugaux by Éric-Emmanuel Schmitt - 02/03/18
Fours- Read a book with a four word title OR the fourth book in a series - Tender Is the Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald - 30/06/18
Fives- Read a book with a five word title OR the fifth book in a series - The Unwomanly Face of War by Svetlana Alexievich - 12/11/17
Sixes- Read a book with a six word title OR the sixth book in a series - The Girl on the Via Flaminia by Alfred Hayes - 17/12/17

Full House-2 of the same number and 3 of the same number- Read a book with 2 or 3 colors on the cover - The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle - 25/04/18

Sm.Straight-4 numbers in a row (i.e. 2,3,4,5) - Read a book with a small number of reviews (less than 456) - La Nuit du carrefour by Georges Simenon - 07/02/18 (99 reviews)

Chance (for when your roll doesn't fit anywhere else)- Read a book by a new author, take a chance ;) - Life and Times of Michael K by J.M. Coetzee - 10/01/18

message 30: by Tpagirl Loves Romance (last edited Nov 03, 2018 08:57AM) (new)

Tpagirl Loves Romance | 120 comments The Yahtzee Challenge
Duration: 11/1/17 - 11/30/18

13/13 Completed
Personal Reminder: 100 page minimum

Monthly Yahtzee Rolls:

1) Nov: rolled 10/26/17
Roll 1: 1,5,1,4,6 (kept 1's)
Roll 2: 1,1,4,6,6 (kept 6's)
Roll 3: 6,6,2,6,2: Full House
Selected Task: Full House: 2 of the same number and 3 of the same number- Read a book with 2 or 3 colors on the cover.
Ethan, Nicole Edwards
Ethan (Alluring Indulgence, #5) by Nicole Edwards
Date Read: 11/1/17; Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️, Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

2)Dec: Rolled 11/25/17
Roll 1: 2,6,4,3,3 (kept 3’s)
Roll 2: 3,3,2,4,4 (kept 3’s)
Roll 3: 3,3,3,5,2 - Three’s
Selected Task: Threes- Read a book with a three word title OR the third book in a series
Nomad, Victoria Danann
Nomad (Sons of Sanctuary MC, #3) by Victoria Danann
Qualifier: Third book in series
Date Read: 12/2/17, Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️, Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

3)Jan: Rolled 12/25/17
Roll 1: 3,3,3,2,5 (kept 3’s)
Roll 2: 3,3,3,3,3 (Yahtzee)
Selected Task: Yahtzee!!!! - Read any book of your choice
Goldie, Chiah Wilder
Goldie (Night Rebels MC, #4) by Chiah Wilder
Date Read: 1/3/18, Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️1/2, Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

4)Feb: Rolled 1/25/18
Roll 1: 2,5,1,1,3 (kept 1’s)
Roll 2: 1,1,6,4,6 (kept 6’s)
Roll 3: 6,6,4,2,4 - Chance
Selected Task: Chance (for when your roll doesn't fit anywhere else)- Read a book by a new author, take a chance ;)
Undisputed, A.S. Teague
Undisputed by A.S. Teague
Date Read: 2/5/18, Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️, Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

5) March: Rolled 2/25/18
Roll 1: 4,4,3,1,6 (kept 4’s)
Roll 2: 4,4,4,6,2 (kept 4’s)
Roll 3: 4,4,4,4,1 - Four’s
Selected Task: Fours- Read a book with a four word title OR the fouth book in a series
Until Harmony, Aurora Rose Reynolds
Until Harmony (Until Her, #4) by Aurora Rose Reynolds
Fourth in Until Her series, Date Read: 3/10/18, Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️, Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

6) April: Rolled 3/25/18
Roll 1: 6,4,3,3,2 (kept 3’s)
Roll 2: 3,3,3,5,2 (kept 3’s)
Roll 3: 3,3,3,2,2 - 3 of a Kind
Selected Task: 3 of a kind-3 of the same number-Read a book with a '3' in the page count, OR a book with a word in the title that rhymes with 'three' (i.e. tree, be, me, see, agree)
Finding Solace, Crystal Daniels
Finding Solace (The Kings of Retribution MC, #3) by Crystal Daniels
236 Pages, Date Read: 4/3/18, Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️, Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

7) May: Rolled 5/2/18
Roll 1: 3,5,6,2,4: Large Straight
Selected Task: Lg.Straight-5 numbers in a row (1,2,3,4,5 or 2,3,4,5,6)- Read a book with a large number of reviews (more than 789).
Ruckus, L.J. Shen
Ruckus (Sinners of Saint, #2) by L.J. Shen
1663 Reviews, Date Read: 5/22/18, Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️, Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

8) June: Rolled 5/25/18
Roll 1: 3,5,3,4,5 (kept 5’s)
Roll 2: 5,5,1,3,5 (kept 5’s)
Roll 3: 5,5,5,3,3: Five’s
Selected Task: Fives- Read a book with a five word title OR the fifth book in a series
King's Wrath (Sydney Storm MC), Nina Levine
King's Wrath (Sydney Storm MC) (Volume 5) by Nina Levine
5th in the Sydney Storm MC series, Date Read: 6/5/18, Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️, Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

9) July: Rolled 6/25/18
Roll 1: 5,2,6,6,5 (kept 6’s)
Roll 2: 6,6,6,2,6 (kept 6’s)
Roll 3: 6,6,6,6,6: Sixes
Selected Task: Sixes- Read a book with a six word title OR the sixth book in a series
Bound by Wreckage, Ryan Michele
Bound by Wreckage (Ravage MC Bound, #6) by Ryan Michele
Sixth in the Ravage Bound MC series, Date Read: 7/18/18, Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️.75, Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

10) August: Rolled 7/25/18
Roll 1: 4,5,5,3,3 (kept 5’s)
Roll 2: 5,5,2,2,4 (kept 2’s)
Roll 3: 2,2,2,4,6: Two’s
Selected Task: Twos- Read a book with a two word title OR the second book in a series
Game On, Katie McCoy
Game On (Players, #1) by Katie McCoy , Two Word Title, 8/2/18, ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️, Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

11) Sept: Rolled 8/25/18
Roll 1: 3,3,6,2,3 (kept 3’s)
Roll 2: 3,3,3,3,6: 4 of a Kind
Selected Task: 4 of a Kind: Read a book with a 4 somewhere in the publishing date OR a book with an average rating of at least a 4.0.
Cruz, H.J. Bellus
Cruz (Diablo’s Throne, #1) by H.J. Bellus , 4.34 Rating, 9/1/18, ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️, Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

12) Oct: Rolled 9/25/18
Roll 1: 1,1,4,2,5 (kept 1,2,4)
Roll 2: 1,2,4,3,6: Small straight
Selected Task: Small Straight-4 numbers in a row (i.e. 2,3,4,5) - Read a book with a small number of reviews (less than 456).
Chance: A Bad Boy Billionaire Romance, Rachel Rise
Chance A Bad Boy Billionaire Romance by Rachel Rise , 94 Reviews, 10/3/18, ⭐️⭐️⭐️, Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

13) Nov: Rolled 10/26/18
Roll 1: 5,4,5,3,2 (kept none)
Roll 2: 1,4,4,4,1 (kept 1’s)
Final: 1,1,4,1,2: One’s
Final Task: Ones- Read a book with a one word title OR the first book in a series.
Junkyard Dog, Bijou Hunter
Junkyard Dog (White Horse #1) by Bijou Hunter , 1st book in White Horse series, 11/3/18, ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️, Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

✔️11/3/18: Ones - Read a book with a one word title OR the first book in a series
✔️ 8/2/18: Twos- Read a book with a two word title OR the second book in a series
✔️12/2/17: Threes- Read a book with a three word title OR the third book in a series
✔️ 3/10/18: Fours- Read a book with a four word title OR the fouth book in a series
✔️ 6/5/18: Fives- Read a book with a five word title OR the fifth book in a series
✔️ 7/18/18: Sixes- Read a book with a six word title OR the sixth book in a series

✔️4/3/18: 3 of a kind-3 of the same number-Read a book with a '3' in the page count, OR a book with a word in the title that rhymes with 'three' (i.e. tree, be, me, see, agree)

✔️ 9/1/18: 4 of a kind-4 of the same number- Read a book with a 4 somewhere in the publishing date OR a book with an average rating of at least a 4.0.

✔️11/1/17: Full House-2 of the same number and 3 of the same number- Read a book with 2 or 3 colors on the cover.

✔️10/3/18: Sm.Straight-4 numbers in a row (i.e. 2,3,4,5) - Read a book with a small number of reviews (less than 456).

✔️5/22/18: Lg.Straight-5 numbers in a row (1,2,3,4,5 or 2,3,4,5,6)- Read a book with a large number of reviews (more than 789).

✔️1/3/18: YAHTZEE (5 of the same number)-Read any book of your choice

✔️2/5/18: Chance (for when your roll doesn't fit anywhere else)- Read a book by a new author, take a chance ;)

message 31: by Karin (last edited Oct 21, 2017 08:40AM) (new)

Karin (aquariandancer) | 6 comments I'm so glad this one is back!

Complete:
November '17:
--Roll:
--Challenge:
--Book:
--Date:
December '17:
--Roll:
--Challenge:
--Book:
--Date:
January '18:
--Roll:
--Challenge:
--Book:
--Date:
February '18:
--Roll:
--Challenge:
--Book:
--Date:
March '18:
--Roll:
--Challenge:
--Book:
--Date:
April '18:
--Roll:
--Challenge:
--Book:
--Date:
May '18:
--Roll:
--Challenge:
--Book:
--Date:
June '18:
--Roll:
--Challenge:
--Book:
--Date:
July '18:
--Roll:
--Challenge:
--Book:
--Date:
August '18:
--Roll:
--Challenge:
--Book:
--Date:
September '18:
--Roll:
--Challenge:
--Book:
--Date:
October '18:
--Roll:
--Challenge:
--Book:
--Date:
November '18:
--Roll:
--Challenge:
--Book:
--Date:

message 32: by Melissa (last edited Nov 20, 2018 04:18AM) (new)

Melissa | 1243 comments The Yahtzee Challenge
November 1, 2017 - November 30, 2018

Ones - April Roll - 1,1,1,3,5 - Bait 4/28
Twos - September Roll- 2,2,2,4,4 - Sapphique 9/21
Threes - June Roll - 3,3,3,2,4 - Assassin's Hunger 6/30
Fours - October Roll - 4,4,4,3,1 - Winter 10/26
Fives- November Roll - 5,5,5,4,1 - WarDance
Sixes - May Roll - 6,6,6,3,5 - Labyrinth of Stars 5/31

3 of a kind - July Roll - 6,6,6,5,1 - Quantum Tangle 7/11
4 of a kind - December Roll - 4,4,4,4,6 - The Queen of Attolia 12/30
Full House - March Roll - 1,1,5,5,5 - Dead to You 3/31
Sm.Straight - January Roll - 1,2,3,4,5 - Leave Tomorrow Behind 1/14
Lg.Straight - November Roll - 2,3,4,5,6 - The Young Elites 11/15
YAHTZEE - August Roll - 4,4,5,5,6 - alternate task - A Walk in the Sun 8/14

Chance - February Roll - 1,1,3,4,5 - Orphan X 2/18

message 33: by Bookchaser (last edited Nov 08, 2018 12:15AM) (new)

Bookchaser | 1874 comments The Yahtzee Challenge
Duration: November 1, 2017 - November 30, 2018

It's a 13 month challenge. Roll dice once a month. The dice need to be rolled between the 25th of the month before and the 5th of the current challenge month. Using random.org, roll 5 dice. Re-roll only the number of dice you want to throw back. Do that again for the third roll. You may be happy with your first or second roll. There is no need to roll further. You will then have the rest of the month to complete that month's task. Only one task can be completed each month.

If you cannot fit your 'roll' into any remaining task that you have, there will be an alternate task to complete. The alternate task will change each month. If you need to use an alternate task, please put the word 'alternate' in an empty task space along with the date completed.

Rolls:
November: (1,2,2,3,4) > (1,2,3,4,4) > (1,2,3,4,4) ~ Small Straight
December: (1,1,2,4,6) > (1,1,2,4,4) > (1,1,3,4,5) ~ Chance
January: (1,5,5,6,6) > (5,5,5,6,6) ~ Full House
February: (1,3,4,5,5) > (1,3,4,5,5) > (2,2,4,5,5) ~ 4 of a Kind/February Alternate Task
March: (1,3,3,5,6) > (2,3,3,4,4) > (2,2,2,3,3) ~ Twos
April: (1,3,5,5,6) > (2,4,5,5,5) > (1,3,5,5,5) ~ Fives
May: (1,3,3,5,5) > (1,2,3,3,5) > (3,3,5,6,6) ~ Large Straight/May Alternate Task
June: (1,1,2,2,4) > (1,1,3,3,5) > (1,2,2,3,3) ~ 3 of a Kind/June Alternate Task
July: (5,5,5,6,6) > (2,5,5,5,5) > (2,5,5,5,5) ~ YAHTZEE/July Alternate Task
August: (1,2,5,6,6) > (2,4,5,6,6) > (2,4,5,6,6) ~ Sixes/August Alternate Task
September: (1,3,4,5,6) > (2,3,3,5,6) > (1,1,3,3,6) ~ Ones/September Alternate Task
October: (1,1,3,4,6) > (1,1,3,4,6) > (1,1,2,3,6) ~ Threes/October Alternate Task
November: (1,2,3,3,3) > (2,3,4,4,4) ~ Fours

Random.org Dice Roller- http://www.random.org/dice/

Minimum page count of 100 pages unless specified for the task. Re-reads allowed, as well as audio-books.

Yahtzee Challenge Tasks (Ones - Sixes, minimum 3 of the same number)

Ones: Read a book with a one word title OR the first book in a series.
September Alternate Task: Read a book with a scene that takes place in a school or library or has a character that is school-aged or a teacher in the story. Or read a book with a form of punctuation on the cover or any shade of the color blue.
Love Overdue by Pamela Morsi - 09/26/18
Twos: Read a book with a two word title OR the second book in a series.
Whisper's Edge by LuAnn McLane - 03/18/18
Threes: Read a book with a three word title OR the third book in a series.
October Alternate Task: Read a book with a sinful, 'wicked' or badly-behaved character, or a book with black or gray on the cover.
Let Sleeping Rogues Lie by Sabrina Jeffries - 10/06/18
Fours: Read a book with a four word title OR the fourth book in a series.
The Suffragette Scandal by Courtney Milan - 11/07/18
Fives: Read a book with a five word title OR the fifth book in a series.
A New Leash on Love by Debbie Burns - 04/05/18
Sixes: Read a book with a six word title OR the sixth book in a series.
August Alternate Task: Read a book set on a farm, ranch, island or castle or a book with a sun or clouds on the cover.
Dead Heat by Patricia Briggs - 08/03/18

Love Overdue by Pamela Morsi Whisper's Edge (Cricket Creek #4) by Luann McLane Let Sleeping Rogues Lie (School for Heiresses, #4) by Sabrina Jeffries The Suffragette Scandal (Brothers Sinister, #4) by Courtney Milan A New Leash on Love (Rescue Me, #1) by Debbie Burns Dead Heat (Alpha & Omega #4) by Patricia Briggs

3 of a Kind (3 of the same number): Read a book with a '3' in the page count, OR a book with a word in the title that rhymes with 'three' (i.e. tree, be, me, see, agree).
June Alternate Task: Read a paranormal or urban fantasy romance or a book with the color purple or pink on the cover.
In Darkness Transformed by Alexis Morgan - 06/17/18
In Darkness Transformed (The Paladin Strike Team #1) by Alexis Morgan

4 of a Kind (4 of the same number): Read a book with a 4 somewhere in the publishing date OR a book with an average rating of at least a 4.0.
February Alternate Task: Read a historical romance or book with the color pink or black on the cover.
The Scandalous, Dissolute, No-Good Mr. Wright by Tessa Dare - 02/03/18
The Scandalous, Dissolute, No-Good Mr. Wright by Tessa Dare

Full House (2 of the same number and 3 of the same number): Read a book with 2 or 3 colors on the cover.
Heart Sight by Robin D. Owens - 01/08/18
Heart Sight (Celta's Heartmates, #15) by Robin D. Owens

Small Straight (4 numbers in a row i.e. 2,3,4,5): Read a book with a small number of reviews (less than 456).
Nothing Personal by Rosalind James - 11/03/17
Nothing Personal (The Kincaids, #2) by Rosalind James

Large Straight (5 numbers in a row 1,2,3,4,5 or 2,3,4,5,6): Read a book with a large number of reviews (more than 789).
May Alternate Task: Read a humorous/funny romance or a book with green or jewelry on the cover.
Midnight Wolf by Jennifer Ashley - 05/08/18
Midnight Wolf (Shifters Unbound, #11) by Jennifer Ashley

YAHTZEE (5 of the same number): Read any book of your choice.
July Alternate Task: Read a romance book where a character in the story travels somewhere or a romance with a vehicle of any kind on the cover.
Almost like Love by Abigail Strom - 07/17/18
Almost like Love (Love, #1) by Abigail Strom

Chance (for when your roll doesn't fit anywhere else): Read a book by a new author, take a chance ;)
Everything in Its Time by Dee Davis - 12/05/17
Everything in Its Time (Time After Time #1) by Dee Davis

message 34: by Linda C (last edited Nov 03, 2018 09:45AM) (new)

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 341 comments The Yahtzee Challenge
November 1,2017- November 30, 2018
minimum pages: 100
The dice need to be rolled between the 25th of the month before and the 5th of the current challenge month.
https://www.random.org/dice/

Rolls-
✔Nov - (1st) 1,1,1,2,4; (2nd) 1,1,1,5,6; (3rd) 1,1,1,4,4 = Full House
✔Dec - (1st) 3, 3, 4, 5, 6; (2nd) 3, 4, 5, 6, 6; (3rd) 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 = Large Straight
✔Jan - (1st) 2,3,4,4,6; (2nd) 2,3,4,4,5 = Small Straight
✔Feb - (1st) 1,3,4,5,5; (2nd) 1,3,5,5,5; (3rd) 1,4,5,5,5 = 3 of a kind
✔March - (1st) 1,1,2,5,6; (2nd) 1,1,2,2,3; (3rd) 2,2,2,2,4 = 4 of a kind
✔April - (1st) 1,1,3,5,6; (2nd) 1,1,3,4,6; (3rd) 1,1,1,2,6 = Ones
✔May - (1st) 1,1,2,3,5; (2nd) 2,2,4,5,5; (3rd) 2,5,5,5,6 = Fives
✔June - (1st) 2,3,5,6,6; (2nd) 1,3,3,6,6; (3rd) 3,3,6,6,6 = Sixes
✔July - (1st) 2,2,4,4,6; (2nd) 1,4,4,4,5; (3rd) 1,1,4,4,4 = Fours
✔Aug - (1st) 2,3,4,5,6; (2nd) 2,2,3,4,4; (3rd) 2,2,2,1,4 = Twos
✔Sept - (1st) 2,3,3,5,5; (2nd) 3,3,3,3,6; (3rd) 3,3,3,3,1 = Threes
✔Oct - (1st) 1,1,2,3,6; (2nd) 1,1,2,3,4; (3rd) 1,1,2,2,2 = Chance
✔Nov - (1st) 1,3,4,5,6; (2nd) 1,1,3,4,6; (3rd) 1,1,3,3,3 = No Yahtzee - alternate

Book: Agatha Raisin and the Quiche of Death (Agatha Raisin, #1) by M.C. Beaton - Agatha Raisin mysteries, #1
Read: 5/21/18

Book: Halloween Hijinks (A Zoe Donovan Mystery, #1) – Kathi Daley
Read: 10/29/18

Book: Manners & Mutiny (Finishing School, #4) by Gail Carriger - three word title
Read: 9/23/18

Fours- Read a book with a four word title OR the fourth book in a series
Book: The Cellist of Sarajevo by Steven Galloway - four word title
Read: 8/28/18

Book: A Fraction of the Whole by Steve Toltz - five word title
Read: 6/10/18

Book: Estate of Mind (Den of Antiquity, #6) by Tamar Myers - A Den of Antiquities Mystery, #6
Read: 6/7/18

3 of a kind-3 of the same number
Read a book with a '3' in the page count, OR a book with a word in the title that rhymes with 'three' (i.e. tree, be, me, see, agree)
Book: Byte Me (Lonesome Lawmen #2) by Pauline Baird Jones - me rhymes with three
Read: 2/5/18

4 of a kind-4 of the same number
Read a book with a 4 somewhere in the publishing date OR a book with an average rating of at least a 4.0.
Book: Watchmen by Alan Moore - rating of 4.35
Read: 3/28/18

Full House-2 of the same number and 3 of the same number
Read a book with 2 or 3 colors on the cover.
Book: The Orphan's Tale by Pam Jenoff - Blue, Brown, White
Read: 11/16/17

Sm.Straight-4 numbers in a row (i.e. 2,3,4,5)
Read a book with a small number of reviews (less than 456).
Book: Engaged in Death (Wedding Planner Mystery #1) by Stephanie Blackmoore - 99 reviews
Read: 1/30/18

Lg.Straight-5 numbers in a row (1,2,3,4,5 or 2,3,4,5,6)
Read a book with a large number of reviews (more than 789).
Book: Wildfire (Hidden Legacy, #3) by Ilona Andrews - 1392 reviews
Read: 12/10/17

YAHTZEE (5 of the same number)
ALTERNATE- Read a book that has been lingering on your tbr for over 3 months
Book: Christmas on Conrad Street (Misty Harbor, #2) by Marcia Evanick - Marcia Evanick - date added - Aug 25, 2015
Read: 10/28/18

Chance (for when your roll doesn't fit anywhere else)
Read a book by a new author, take a chance ;)
Book: The Dog Stars by Peter Heller - Peter Heller
Read: 10/3/18

message 35: by Emily (new)

Emily | 693 comments I'm in too!

Rolls-
Nov
Dec
Jan
Feb
March
April
May
June
July
Aug
Sept
Oct
Nov

message 36: by Sally906 (last edited Oct 22, 2017 04:23PM) (new)

Sally906 | 622 comments Dice Roller- http://www.random.org/dice/

Tracking:
November 2017
Roll:
Task:
Book:
How it fits:
Date completed:

December 2017
Roll:
Task:
Book:
How it fits:
Date completed:

January 2018
Roll:
Task:
Book:
How it fits:
Date completed:

February 2017
Roll:
Task:
Book:
How it fits:
Date completed:

March 2018
Roll:
Task:
Book:
How it fits:
Date completed:

April 2018
Roll:
Task:
Book:
How it fits:
Date completed:

May 2018
Roll:
Task:
Book:
How it fits:
Date completed:

June 2018
Roll:
Task:
Book:
How it fits:
Date completed:

July 2018
Roll:
Task:
Book:
How it fits:
Date completed:

August 2018
Roll:
Task:
Book:
How it fits:
Date completed:

September 2018
Roll:
Task:
Book:
How it fits:
Date completed:

October 2018
Roll:
Task:
Book:
How it fits:
Date completed:

November 2018
Roll:
Task:
Book:
How it fits:
Date completed:

Roll Tasks

message 37: by Bree (last edited Nov 28, 2018 12:45AM) (new)

Bree (neadbooks) | 21 comments This sounds awesome. I’m in!
Yahtzee Challenge
Duration: 11/1/17-11/30/18

November '17:
Rolls: ⚀⚀⚅⚃⚀ - ⚁⚂ - ⚃⚅
Final: ⚀⚀⚀ ⚃⚅
Challenge: Ones - Read a book with a one word title OR the first book in a series
Book: Ghost by J.M. Dabney
Date read: 11/5/2017
★★★★☆

December '17:
Rolls: ⚅⚀⚀⚂⚂ - ⚁ - ⚀
Final: ⚀⚀⚀⚂⚂
Challenge: Full House - Read a book with 2 or 3 colors on the cover.
Book: How To Be A Normal Person by T.J. Klune
Date read: 12/29/2017
★★★★★

January '18:
Rolls: ⚁⚅⚄⚁⚁ - ⚀⚄ - ⚃⚅
Final: ⚁⚁⚁ ⚃⚅
Challenge: Twos - Read a book with a two word title OR the second book
Book: Owning Oliver by Amber Kell
Date read: 1/27/2018
★★★☆☆

February '18:
Rolls: ⚄⚅⚂⚁⚅ - ⚀⚂⚅ - ⚅⚃
Final: ⚅⚅⚅⚅ ⚃
Challenge: 4 of a kind - Read a book with a 4 somewhere in the publishing date OR a book with an average rating of at least a 4.0.
Book: Chloe by Sarah Brianne - Published 4/30/2016
Date read: 2/2/2018
★★★★★

March '18:
Rolls: ⚀⚁⚂⚄⚄ - ⚂⚅ - ⚃⚄
Final: ⚀⚁⚂⚃⚄
Challenge: Lg.Straight - Read a book with a large number of reviews (more than 789).
Book: Blame It on the Mistletoe by Eli Easton - 796 reviews
Date read: 3/31/2018
★★★★☆

April '18:
Rolls: ⚃⚃⚄⚃⚅ - ⚂⚄ - ⚃
Final: ⚂⚃⚄⚅ ⚃
Challenge: Sm.Straight - Read a book with a small number of reviews (less than 456).
Book: Hug It Out by Davidson King - 20 reviews
Date read: 4/1/2018
★★★★★

May '18:
Rolls: ⚂⚂⚁⚁⚅ - ⚀⚁⚂ - ⚀⚃
Final: ⚂⚂⚂ ⚀⚃
Challenge: Threes - Read a book with a three word title or third in a series.
Book: What He Fears by E.M. Denning
Date read: 5/14/2018
★★★★1/2☆

June '18:
Rolls: ⚃⚃⚂⚀⚃ - ⚃⚂ - ⚂
Final: ⚃⚃⚃⚃ ⚂
Challenge: Fours - Read a book with a four word title or fourth in a series.
Book: The Great Cock Hunt by James Cox
Date read: 6/9/2018
★★★★☆

July '18:
Rolls: ⚀⚀⚀⚁⚃ - ⚂⚅ - ⚅⚃
Final: ⚀⚀⚀ ⚅⚃
Challenge: 3 of a kind - Read a book with a word in the title that rhymes with 'three'
Book: Daddy, Daddy and Me by Sean Michael
Date read: 7/21/2018
★★★★☆

August '18:
Rolls: ⚄⚄⚅⚃⚀ - ⚂⚀⚄ - ⚁⚂
Final: ⚄⚄⚄ ⚁⚂
Challenge: Fives - Read a book with a five word title OR the fifth book in a series.
Book: Yerad by Catherine Lievens
Date read: 8/18/2018
★★★★☆

September '18:
Rolls: ⚁⚄⚅⚅⚀ - ⚃⚀⚀ - ⚂⚅⚅
Final: ⚅⚅⚅⚅ ⚂
Challenge: Sixes - Read a book with a six word title OR the sixth book in a series.
Book: Ride or Dye by Aimee Nicole Walker
Date read: 9/14/2018
★★★★★

October '18:
Rolls: ⚃⚃⚂⚂⚀ - ⚁⚄⚁ - ⚃⚅⚁
Final: ⚃⚃⚃⚅⚁
Challenge: Chance - Read a book by a new author, take a chance ;)
Book: Lightning Strikes by C.J. Vincent
Date read: 10/3/2018
★★★☆☆

November '18:
Rolls: ⚀⚁⚃⚃⚄ - ⚄⚀⚂ - ⚅⚁⚀
Final: ⚃⚃⚅⚁⚀
Challenge: Alternate Task: Read a book with a smile on the cover.
Book: All I Ever Wanted by Alexa Land
Date read: 11/6/2018
★★★★☆

Yahtzee Challenge Tasks
(view spoiler)

message 38: by Louise (last edited Jan 27, 2018 01:59AM) (new)

Louise | 703 comments I'll give this a go!

Rolls
Nov > (1,2,3,5,6 - Discard 5,6)> (1,1,2,3,4 - Discard 1)>(1,2,2,3,4)
Sml Straight Echoes of Justice by J.J. Franklin 2 reviews 3/11/17

Dec > (6, 6, 5, 6, 6 - Discard 5) > (6)
Yahtzee Lady of Devices (Magnificent Devices, #1) by Shelley Adina 2/12/17

Jan > (3, 6, 2, 5, 2 -Discard 3, 5, 6) > (6, 5, 1 -Discard) > 3, 3, 6
Chance Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore by Matthew J. Sullivan 3/1/18

Feb > ( 2, 3, 5, 6, 6 - Discard 6) > (3 - Discard) > (1)
Alternate: Read a historical romance or book with the color pink or black on the cover.

March
April
May
June
July
Aug
Sept
Oct
Nov

message 39: by Shan ~A~ (last edited Aug 04, 2018 08:10PM) (new)

Shan ~A~ (thebookglutton) | 979 comments Yahtzee Challenge- (I will do better this time)
Duration: Nov 1, 2017 - Nov 30, 2018

random.org

Rolls
Nov ~ 1st roll: 5,1,1,2,6 {Keeping 1,1} 2nd roll: 3,3,6 {Keeping 3,3} 3rd roll: 4 ~ (1.1.3.3.4)
Task: Chance (for when your roll doesn't fit anywhere else)- Read a book by a new author
Book: Splinter by E. Davies
Finished: 11/17/17
How it fits: New to me author
Dec ~ 1st Roll: 3,1,4,2,4 {Keeping 1,2,3,4} 2nd Roll: 4 {Keeping 1,2,3,4} 3rd Roll: 5 {Keeping 1,2,3,4,5}
Task: Lg.Straight-5 numbers in a row (1,2,3,4,5 or 2,3,4,5,6)- Read a book with a large number of reviews (more than 789).
Book: Friday Night Bites by Chloe Neill
Finished: 12/05/17
How it fits: 1571 reviews
Jan ~ 1st roll: 5,3,6,6,2 {Keeping 6,6} 2nd roll 2,3,5 {Going forward with 6,6} 3rd Roll 6,3,3 {6,6,6,3,3}
Task: Full House-2 of the same number and 3 of the same number- Read a book with 2 or 3 colors on the cover.
Book: Play It Safe Play It Safe by Kristen Ashley by Kristen Ashley
Finished: 01/02/18
How it fits: Yellow and Green on cover (2 or 3 colors on cover)
Feb ~ 1st Roll: 5,2,6,6,6 {Keeping 6,6,6} 2nd Roll ~ 4,6 {Keeping 6,6,6,6}, 3rd Roll ~ 5 {Keeping 6,6,6,6}
Task: 4 of a kind-4 of the same number- Read a book with a 4 somewhere in the publishing date OR a book with an average rating of at least a 4.0.
Book: Full Package by Lauren Blakely
Finished: 02/05/18
How it fits: 4.07 avg rating
March ~ 1st Roll: 4,5,5,5,2 {Keeping 5,5,5} 2nd Roll ~ 4,4 {Keeping 5,5,5}
Book: Well Hung Over in Vegas by Kimberly Fox
Finished: 03/23/18
April ~ 1st Roll: 6,1,3,1,5 {Keeping 3,5,6} 2nd Roll ~ 4,5 {Keeping 4}
Book: Lusting For Luke: A Billionaires of Palm Beach Story by Sara Celi
Finished: 04/18/18
May ~ 1st Roll: 5,3,3,1,4 {Keeping 3,3} 2nd Roll: 1,3,1 {Keeping 3} 3rd Roll: 1,5
Task: Threes- Read a book with a three word title OR the third book in a series
Book: One Wild Night by Vivian Ward
Finished: 05/27/18
June ~ 1st Roll: 5,5,3,5,1 {Keeping 5,5,5} 2nd Roll: 5,2 {Keeping 5} 3rd Roll: 3
Task: 3 of a kind-3 of the same number-Read a book with a '3' in the page count, OR a book with a word in the title that rhymes with 'three' (i.e. tree, be, me, see, agree)
Book: Dirty Bad Wrong by Jade West
Finished: 06/29/18
July ~ 1st Roll: 1,6,1,1,4 {Keeping 1,1,1} 2nd Roll: {5,3}
Task: Ones - Read a book with a one word title OR the first book in a series
Book: Wanderlust by Lauren Blakely
Finished: 07/27/18
Aug ~ 1st Roll: 6,5,4,6,1 {Keeping 6,6} 2nd Roll: 2,6,5 {Keeping 6} 3rd Roll: 1,6 {Keeping 6}
Task: Sixes- Read a book with a six word title OR the sixth book in a series

Sept
Oct
Nov

message 40: by Pam (last edited Apr 28, 2018 05:22AM) (new)

Pam | 1047 comments Hurray! It's back. I am so happy!
Wait for Dark (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit #17; Dark #2) by Kay Hooper Holiday Wishes (Heartbreaker Bay, #4.5) by Jill Shalvis Touch of Red (Tracers, #12) by Laura Griffin Promise Not to Tell (Cutler, Sutter & Salinas #2) by Jayne Ann Krentz Beyond Danger (Texas Trilogy, #2) by Kat Martin
November 6-4-3-2-2/6-4-3-2-2/6-5-4-3-2 Large straight
December 6-4-4-3-2/4-3-2-3-2/5-4-4-3-2 Small straight
January 1-1-2-2-6/1-1-2-2-2 Full House
February 1-2-3-3-6/3-3-4-5-6/3-3-3-3-1 Four of a kind
March. Dang Forgot to Roll Alternate Task Read a Romantic Suspense or Military Romance or a book with orange or yellow on the cover. Sixes.
April Alternate Task Read a book with water or flowers/trees on the cover or a book that makes you cry Fives
May 2-2-2-5-6/2-2-2-3-5/1-2-2-2-3 Twos

Twos- Read a book with a two word title OR the second book in a series May
Fives- Read a book with a five word title OR the fifth book in a series April alternate
Sixes- Read a book with a six word title OR the sixth book in a series March Alternate Task replacement Beyond Danger romantic suspense finished 3/24

4 of a kind-4 of the same number- Read a book with a 4 somewhere in the publishing date OR a book with an average rating of at least a 4.0. Promise Not to Tell February 4, 2018 with a rating of 4.24 on that date ****

Full House-2 of the same number and 3 of the same number- Read a book with 2 or 3 colors on the cover. January 27, 2017 three colors (light blue/red/white)Touch of Red****

Sm.Straight-4 numbers in a row (i.e. 2,3,4,5) - Read a book with a small number of reviews (less than 456). December 10, 2017 Holiday Wishes has 252 reviews ***

Lg.Straight- Read a book with a large number of reviews (more than 789). November 8, 2017 Wait for Dark with 1400+ reviews ***

message 41: by Nicole (last edited Nov 05, 2017 01:48PM) (new)

Nicole | 548 comments I'm in.

Rolls
Nov roll 1: 1 1 1 1 5, re rolled 1 die and got a 3
Results: 4 of a kind
Broken by Lies (Bound and Broken, #1) by Rebecca Shea

Dec
Jan
Feb
March
April
May
June
July
Aug
Sept
Oct
Nov

message 42: by Camille (last edited Mar 28, 2018 06:59AM) (new)

Camille | 327 comments Yahtzee Challenge: Nov, 1, 2017 - Nov. 30, 2018

Completed:
1's:
2's:
3's:
4's: March 2018
5's: December 2017
6's: November 2017
Three of a Kind: April, 2018
Four of a Kind:
Full House:
Small Straight: January, 2018
Large Straight: February, 2018
Yahtzee:
Chance:

Rolls:
1. November, 2017 1st roll: 3, 6. 6, 3, 4 Kept 6's: 2nd roll: 6, 5. 5 Kept 6. 3rd Roll: 6, 3 Kept 6.
2. December, 2017: 1st roll: ,3,5,2,5. Kept 5's. 2nd roll: 5,2, Kept 5; 3rd roll: 2
3: January, 2018: 1st roll: 6,2,1,5,5. Kept 5's. 2nd roll: 3,4,5, Kept all. 3rd roll: 2,5, Kept the 2
4: February, 2018: 1st roll: 5,6,2,4,1; Kept the 6,5,4 2nd Roll: 3,5; Kept 3 3rd Roll: 2
5: March, 2018: 1st roll: 4,1,3,5,4. Kept 4's. 2nd roll: 2,4,1. Kept 4 3rd roll: 5,2 Kept none.
6: April, 2018:1st roll: 6,6,3,6,1,; 2nd roll: 4,4; 3nd roll: 5,3
7. May, 2018
8: June, 2018
9. July, 2018
10. August, 2018
11. September, 2018
12. October, 2018
13: November, 2018

Books Read:
November, 2017: The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata, 3 stars, finished 11/2/17
December 2017: My Liege of Dark Haven by Cherise Sinclair, 5 stars, finished 12/6/17
January 2018: Alice In Chains by Adriana Arden, 14 ratings: 3 stars, finished 1/11/18
February, 2018: Sebring by Kristen Ashley, 4 stars, finished 2/21/18
March, 2018: Captive in the Dark by C.J. Roberts, 5 stars, finished 3/12/18

The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata My Liege of Dark Haven (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #5) by Cherise Sinclair Alice In Chains by Adriana Arden Sebring (Unfinished Hero, #5) by Kristen Ashley Captive in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #1) by C.J. Roberts

message 43: by Beth (last edited Nov 17, 2018 02:54PM) (new)

Beth I'm in!

Oops -- I haven't been updating. I've been rolling on time and keeping track on my blog.

Rolls:
Nov: 3456 (6) Small Straight!
DECEMBER 11234, 11166 = Full House
JANUARY 13345, 236, 33 = 33333 YAHTZEE
FEBRUARY 11356, 33445, 44425 = FOURS
MARCH: 11245, (11) 344, (11) 334 = CHANCE (yuck!)
APRIL: 26614, (66) 123, (66) 123 I need the alternate! I replace Ones
MAY: 33445, (33) 346, (333) 114 == THREES
June: 44533, (44) 533, (44) 566 -- time for another alternate -- 2s.
July: 44456, (444) 62, (444) 52 == 3 of a kind
Aug: 22213 (222) 44, (222) 56 BUSTED! ALTERNATE FOR LARGE STRAIGHT
Sept: 51222 (222) 32, (2222) 4. Four of a kind!
Oct: 66554 (66), 115, 533 BUSTED! Alternate for 6s.
Nov: 56622 (5), 5561 (555) 54 (5555) Fives!

Ones - Read a book with a one word title OR the first book in a series ALTERNATE: April- Read a book with water or flowers/trees on the cover or a book that makes you cry (happy or sad tears, your choice). The Penderwicks in Spring 4/5 (has flowers on cover and made me cry!)

Twos- Read a book with a two word title OR the second book in a series ALTERNATE: June: Read a paranormal or urban fantasy romance or a book with the color purple or pink on the cover. King and Joker by Peter Dickinson King and Joker, Peter Dickinson 6/9/18
Threes- Read a book with a three word title OR the third book in a series The Night Masquerade 5/15/18 (both!)
Fours- Read a book with a four word title OR the fouth book in a series Mrs. Pollifax on Safari 2/9
Fives- Read a book with a five word title OR the fifth book in a series Attack of the Fluffy Bunnies
Sixes- Read a book with a six word title OR the sixth book in a series Read a book with an sinful, 'wicked' or badly-behaved character, or a book with black or gray on the cover. Strange Star

3 of a kind-3 of the same number-Read a book with a '3' in the page count, Marry in Scandal 7/6/ 320 pages

4 of a kind-4 of the same number- Read a book with a 4 somewhere in the publishing date OR a book with an average rating of at least a 4.0. Vanguard 9/4/18 (4.05 rating)

Full House-2 of the same number and 3 of the same number- Read a book with 2 or 3 colors on the cover. First Impressions 12/3/17 (90% Black/Brown/Green)

Sm.Straight-4 numbers in a row (i.e. 2,3,4,5) - Read a book with a small number of reviews (less than 456). Geared for the Grave, Duffy Brown 11/1/17 (Cycle Path Mysteries #1) (187 reviews)

Lg.Straight-5 numbers in a row (1,2,3,4,5 or 2,3,4,5,6)- Read a book with a large number of reviews (more than 789). Read a book set on a farm, ranch, island or castle or a book with a sun or clouds on the cover. Circe 8/5/18

YAHTZEE (5 of the same number)-Read any book of your choice Forged in Blood 1/1/18

Chance (for when your roll doesn't fit anywhere else)- Read a book by a new author, take a chance ;) The Voyage to Magical North 3/4/18

message 44: by Plethora (last edited Nov 30, 2017 09:44PM) (new)

Plethora (bookworm_r) | 525 comments Pltehora's Yahtzee

November Roll
October 28, 2017 - Small Straight
Nov Rolls: ⚀, ⚂, ⚁, ⚅, ⚃ | Kept: ⚀, ⚂, ⚁, ⚃ | Roll: ⚀ | Roll: ⚀
December Roll
November 30, 2017 - Full House
Dec Rolls: ⚅, ⚅, ⚁, ⚃, ⚃ | Kept: ⚅, ⚅, ⚃, ⚃ | Roll: ⚂ | Roll: ⚃

Motorcycles, Sushi and One Strange Book (Enhanced Edition)- Read 11/28/17
Fits: 60 ratings

message 45: by Pam (last edited Nov 29, 2018 09:24PM) (new)

Pam (txpam) | 142 comments I am in.... I love playing Yahtzee challenge!

It's a 13 month challenge, with the participant 'rolling the dice' once a month. The dice need to be rolled between the 25th of the month before and the 5th of the current challenge month. You will then have the rest of the month to complete that month's task.

Only one task can be completed each month. There will be no scorekeeping, instead, you will put the title of the book(s) and date you completed the task next to the task name. This means you have completed that task for the month and you cannot do the same task again.

Random.org Dice Roller-

Participants are to roll once a month. Using random.org, roll 5 dice. Re-roll only the number of dice you want to throw back. Do that again for the third roll. You may be happy with your first or second roll. There is no need to roll further.

Any edition of the book you are reading is allowed when determining page count

Please update your original post for this challenge. All record keeping should be kept to your one original post :)
It would be great if you could post when you have completed the entire challenge, at the end of the 13 months.

Yahtzee Challenge-

November; Alternative book... Had surgery didn't get to it...book with blue on part of cover: Highland Hellion (Highland Weddings, #3) by Mary Wine by Mary Wine
completed November 28, 2017

December: Alternative task did't roll in time...recovering from surgery...Christmas book: Sweet Destiny (Klaus Brothers #5) by Penny Watson by Penny Watson
completed December 23, 2017

January; rolled 5,5,1,1,3 then 5,5,5,6,6 then 5,5,5,4,4= Full House
Read a book with 2 or 3 colors on cover....THE OTHER GUY'S BRIDE by Connie Brockway The Other Guy's Bride (Braxton, #2) by Connie Brockway ........... completed 1-18-18

February;//rolled 3,3,6,6,6 then 6,6,6,6,5 then 6,6,6,6,4 = 4 of a kind....read a book with 4 or more star rating...
WHEN LULU WAS HOT by Sandra Hill When Lulu was Hot (Cajun #0.5) by Sandra Hill ....completed 2-10-18

March; rolled 5,5,2,4,6 then 5,5,5,3,6 then 5,5,5,5,3 = 3 of a kind, read a book with a 3 in pg #, OR with a rhyming word with 3 in the title... ie. tree, be, agree, see etc. Britannia's Blaggard (Overton Saga Book 2) by Mariella Starr by Mariella Starr, 3 in page number. completed 3-10-18

April; rolled 2,2,3,3,6 then 2,2,4,4,6 then 2,2,4,4,1= Alternative Task... Read a book with water or flowers/trees on cover or a book that makes you cry... happy or sad tears my choice. This book has flowers on cover: A GOOD DAY TO MARRY A DUKE by Betina Krahn A Good Day to Marry a Duke (Sin and Sensibility, #1) by Betina Krahn
completed 4-10-18

May; rolled 1,1,3,3,4 then 1,1,2,5,5 then 1,1,1,5,6= Ones
Read a book with one word title or first in a series: book:Ruwen|33283256]completed 5-28-18

June; Alternative challenge....forgot what I rolled... but it was bupkis so.... Courted by Discipline (In Hyacinth, #1) by Bree Cariad by Bree Cariad. Completed 6-16-18

July; Rolled 1,1,3,5,6 then 3,3,1,4,6 then 3,3,1,4,5 = alternative for July: A book where the characters go somewhere..... traveled through time Once Upon a Time Travel
completed 7-15-18

August; Rolled 6,5,1,2,3 then 2,1,3,5,4 then 2,5,5,5,6 = August Alternative... Cajun Persuasion by Sandra Hill by Sandra Hill. completed 8-29-18

September;Rolled 6,6,5,5,2 then 6,6,4,4,2 then 5,4,4,2,2, = Alternative task... Assignment Trouble by Stevie MacFarlane
by Stevie Macfarlane... completed

October;Rolled 1,2,3,4,6 then 2,2,1,3,5 then 2,2,3,3,5= alternative task...... Jace (Riverwise Private Security, #2) by Alisa Woods by Alisa Woods 10-10-18

November; too late to roll so Alternative task....smile on cover Forever Wife by Carolyn Faulkner by Carolyn Faulkner 11-10-2018

Finished my Yahtzee challenge! :-)

*Any edition of the book you choose for this task can be used to determine page count. It doesn't have to be the exact edition you are reading.
March

*Any edition/printing of the book you are reading can be used to determine publishing date.
Febuary

*Only 2 or 3 colors on the cover, and any color/shade counts.
January

Sm.Straight-4 numbers in a row (i.e. 2,3,4,5) - Read a book with a small number of reviews (less than 456).November

Lg.Straight-5 numbers in a row (1,2,3,4,5 or 2,3,4,5,6)- Read a book with a large number of reviews (more than 789).December

YAHTZEE (5 of the same number)-Read any book of your choiceNovember

FINISHED THIS CHALLENGE!!!!

message 46: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11051 comments It’s time to roll!!

Please roll the dice between today, Oct 25- Nov 5.

Any roll should fit this month, as everyone has the Chance spot open.

If you forget to roll by Nov 5, here is the alternative talk to use -
November- Read a book with an athlete in the story, or a book with a sports theme or a book with the color blue or white on the cover (Go Yankees!).

message 47: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11051 comments Roll 1- 4,2,4,4,5- kept 4,4,4
Roll 2- 1,6
Roll 3- 3,5
Final- 3,5,4,4,4

Going to do either 4s or 3 of a kind

message 48: by jenny (new)

jenny (ynnej405) | 353 comments Yay! I'm looking forward to this challenge!

Roll 1: 6-2-5-4-3

A Lg.Straight on the first roll! How cool is that? :-)

message 49: by Nicole (new)

Nicole P | 3200 comments Hey Fran,

I'm a newbie. So I rolled the dice and got 6, 5, 6, 2, 6. So I have three of a kind. Do I have to roll again or is one roll ok? Sorry if that was a stupid question 🙈 But I just want to make sure 😀

message 50: by Fran, Moderator (last edited Oct 25, 2017 01:15PM) (new)

Fran | 11051 comments Nicole wrote: "Hey Fran,

I'm a newbie. So I rolled the dice and got 6, 5, 6, 2, 6. So I have three of a kind. Do I have to roll again or is one roll ok? Sorry if that was a stupid question 🙈 But I just want to m..."

Hi Nicole,

J.C. is correct. You have two more rolls if you want them. You should use them, because you might get a Yahtzee! You keep any you want from your rolls, so keep the sixes and keep going :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8