Just One More Page! discussion

Ruined (Ruined, #1)
This topic is about Ruined
Fantasy > Ruined

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by sally (last edited Oct 15, 2017 05:41PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

sally (carswellthornegf) This one's for Alexandra! :)

"In a fantasy world, there was a people called the Ruined.

Ruina was their kingdom, ruled by a family of power, more so than the magic that runs through the veins of normal Ruined. All of the royal family was powerful, except for one. Emelina, the oldest daughter, was without the magic. She was seen as royalty but lesser in power. And so, the next in line for the throne was not Emelina but Olivia, her younger sister.

The Ruined were at war with another neighboring kingdom, but it was still a shock when the king and queen were found dead and Olivia kidnapped.

But where was Emelina?

Plotting revenge, of course. The other kingdoms always said the Ruined were monsters, and because of the power in their blood they were vicious, savage. And maybe Em had a reason to be vicious. She lacked her fellow Ruined power. Her home was destroyed. She had witnessed her family's brutal murders.

Em had a plan. She was then 18, grown and though without power, the strongest of them all. She had nothing to lose. So, to see her revenge through, she would kill the royal family and run off to retrieve Olivia. And to do that, she had to marry the prince.

Ew. Gross.

But the closer she got to him, the more she questioned her mission.

What would happen if Em found herself not loathing the prince, but loving him instead?"

This one sounds kinda cheesy, and the book is a little cliche, but I really liked it. I hope this was an okay synopsis. :D If you have any more suggestions, shoot and I'll try to tackle 'em (I have to have read the book, of course). Thanks!

message 2: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra | 10 comments Sally (I decided as you've addressed me by my name I want to do honors to yours, too 😌I hope you don't mind, you genius creator of annotations Shortcake)! Thank you so much! When I saw my name and realized that this whole post and synopsis were devoted to me and my request, I was overwhelmed! I am very touched that you did it and did it so soon! ☄️

As for the plot, I'm sure "Ruined" is a thrilling story, and some expected twists don't make it less appealing as readers will surely know what they'll get in some ways. I felt like Mr. Weasley who was so fond of muggles - in your description Em and her lack of magical powers felt like she's someone I can relate to, real and strong by her own will power which is especially priceless!

Thanks to you I now have a clear picture of this book and it's going to my tbr list for sure :)

I feel it's a bit unfair of me to use your kind services of creating the oscar-winning annotations 🙈 But I don't think I will resist asking you to create some more 🙇🏻‍♀️🌸

sally (carswellthornegf) Aww, you're so sweet! Thank you so much, the means so much to me. :) Like, a lot. You are so kind!

Hahaha, feel free to call me Sally :D I don't mind!

(I'm glad this annotation was okay, I felt like it wasn't as great)

And also, I really enjoy creating these! Truly, it's fun for me to do. So please feel free to ask for more, if you'd like any! Hahaha, you guys are all so sweet. Thank you! 😊

message 4: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra | 10 comments ♥️ thank you!!