The island in our hearts buddy read group discussion

Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 213 (213 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

A fun place just to chat in generall.

What are you loving lately?
I just read The Shambling Guide to New York City (The Shambling Guides, #1) by Mur Lafferty great read.
I love the tv series NCIS(am on season 14)designated survivor and tons of others.

message 2: by Rose (new)

Rose | 65 comments Mod
This is funny I just suggested this ....
Guess you're one step ahead!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Lexie wrote: "This is funny I just suggested this ....
Guess you're one step ahead!"

Hehe.. Mind reader I am.- :)

message 4: by Anna (new)

Anna Wayland (annabonaparte) | 21 comments Ugh school has been crazy so I haven't been able to read all that much but I'm currently reading The Fire Between High and Lo and it's pretty nice so far BUT I'M OBSESSED WITH THE TV SHOW QUANTICO. Seriously, such a good show and I'm in love with Caleb, one of the main characters

message 5: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolesuet) | 140 comments I'm reading a book for school right now, but it is surprisinglygood. I recently read Fangirl and it is my new obsession (SO MUCH CUTENESS). And I just started watching Jane the Virgin and it is a lot of fun!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Nicole wrote: "I'm reading a book for school right now, but it is surprisinglygood. I recently read Fangirl and it is my new obsession (SO MUCH CUTENESS). And I just started watching Jane the Virgin and it is a l..."

Yes! Fangirl is THE BEST!
Also I loove Jane the virgen. It gives me a gilmore girls feeling, which makes sense they share writers.

message 7: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolesuet) | 140 comments Oda wrote: "Nicole wrote: "I'm reading a book for school right now, but it is surprisinglygood. I recently read Fangirl and it is my new obsession (SO MUCH CUTENESS). And I just started watching Jane the Virgi..."

Fangirl 💗💗
No way, I had no idea they shared writes! Gilmore Girls is like one of my favorites series EVER!
By the way, I think any book lover would absolutely fall in love with Gilmore Girls, if you guys haven't watched it yet, you should correct that immediately!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Nicole wrote: "Oda wrote: "Nicole wrote: "I'm reading a book for school right now, but it is surprisinglygood. I recently read Fangirl and it is my new obsession (SO MUCH CUTENESS). And I just started watching Ja..."

I have been listening to gilmore guys lately a gg podcast, really fun to hear. They both recap and say what they think about each episode AND do interviews. They did TWO with scott patterson.

message 9: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolesuet) | 140 comments Oda wrote: "Nicole wrote: "Oda wrote: "Nicole wrote: "I'm reading a book for school right now, but it is surprisinglygood. I recently read Fangirl and it is my new obsession (SO MUCH CUTENESS). And I just star..."

Wow, i didn't know there was a podcast. What's the name? I'd like to listen to it

⋆✩ Mary ✩⋆ (marya28) | 104 comments I’m currently finishing my 12hrs shift, so hungry and tired😭 I just finished Tower of Dawn 2days ago and I’m still feeling empty. I want to start reading again tomorrow cuz if not this will turn into a book slump🙄
How are you guys??

I’ve only watched a bit of Gilmore girls but it’s been on my list.
I don’t know why but I really enjoy watching crime solving shows like Ncis, law and order, csi and criminal minds🙈

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Nicole wrote: "Oda wrote: "Nicole wrote: "Oda wrote: "Nicole wrote: "I'm reading a book for school right now, but it is surprisinglygood. I recently read Fangirl and it is my new obsession (SO MUCH CUTENESS). And..."

Gilmore Guys. https://soundcloud.com/gilmore-guys--

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Mary wrote: "I’m currently finishing my 12hrs shift, so hungry and tired😭 I just finished Tower of Dawn 2days ago and I’m still feeling empty. I want to start reading again tomorrow cuz if not this will turn in..."

Why not. Crime shows are fun. its a clare, who did it, why, and sometimes how.. I espesially love ncis love the characters. So sad that Pauley(abby) is leaving at the end of the season

message 13: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolesuet) | 140 comments Mary wrote: "I’m currently finishing my 12hrs shift, so hungry and tired😭 I just finished Tower of Dawn 2days ago and I’m still feeling empty. I want to start reading again tomorrow cuz if not this will turn in..."

I know that feeling of emptiness when you finish a great book well! It's the worst! You should read something light and fun next!
I also love this kind of shows. And you should give GG one more chance

message 14: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolesuet) | 140 comments Oda wrote: "Nicole wrote: "Oda wrote: "Nicole wrote: "Oda wrote: "Nicole wrote: "I'm reading a book for school right now, but it is surprisinglygood. I recently read Fangirl and it is my new obsession (SO MUCH..."

thank you, thank you! 💗

message 15: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolesuet) | 140 comments @Oda

Tell me that is ok to watch Gilmore Girls all over again even though I watched it twice last year.
This podcast just game the reason I was looking for haha

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Nicole wrote: "@Oda

Tell me that is ok to watch Gilmore Girls all over again even though I watched it twice last year.
This podcast just game the reason I was looking for haha"

Hey. I have probably seen GG 5-6 times all the way. Loove it. Why would you need a reason just watch it when you want to.

message 17: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolesuet) | 140 comments Oda wrote: "Nicole wrote: "@Oda

Hey. I have proba..."

It's because I have so many series I wanna watch! It's the same thing with HP. Instead of reading the books in my TBR I re-read Harry Potter

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Nicole wrote: "Oda wrote: "Nicole wrote: "@Oda

Hey. ..."

Ahhh.. Well hey its your life.. And why watch something new when you can rewatch something you love and cheris. Ditto on reading. Its no rule that YOU HAVE TO read unread books. Read what you want and dont feel guilty.

message 19: by Rose (new)

Rose | 65 comments Mod
Nicole wrote: "Oda wrote: "Nicole wrote: "@Oda

Hey. ..."

OMG I do that so mush I read the whole harry potter series at least once a year!

message 20: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolesuet) | 140 comments Oda wrote: "Nicole wrote: "Oda wrote: "Nicole wrote: "@Oda

This podcast just game the reason I was looking f..."

Lexie wrote: "Nicole wrote: "Oda wrote: "Nicole wrote: "@Oda

You're right. I really need to stop worrying about that

message 21: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolesuet) | 140 comments Lexie wrote: "Nicole wrote: "Oda wrote: "Nicole wrote: "@Oda

I know! Harry Potter just gives me this warm, fuzzy feeling in my heart. It feel so comfortable!

message 22: by Rose (new)

Rose | 65 comments Mod
@Nicole - Is't been with me since I was in 3'rd grade and it never gets old!

message 23: by Rose (new)

Rose | 65 comments Mod
I put up the masthead hope you all like it!!!

message 24: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolesuet) | 140 comments @Lexie
Yes, it’s timeless. Every time you read is like the first. Same thing with Percy Jackson

message 25: by Rose (new)

Rose | 65 comments Mod
@Nicole - Sadly I haven't read Percy Jackson but I've heard some great things about it.

message 26: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolesuet) | 140 comments @Lexie oh you really should read it! It’s a lot of fun!

⋆✩ Mary ✩⋆ (marya28) | 104 comments Omg I love both PJ and HP; also the idea of them crossing over, I have so much photos and screenshots from pinterest and tumblr🤣

and yes Lexie you should give PJ a try :) (just ignore the movies)

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

@ Lexie, DROP WHAT YOUR DOING AND START READING PJO.. Its soo good!!!
And yes the Movies are shit.

message 29: by Rose (new)

Rose | 65 comments Mod
O.K O.K I'll get to it.

message 30: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolesuet) | 140 comments Omg yes the movies are so bad, but the books are AMAZING

message 31: by Joana (new)

Joana  | 49 comments Oda wrote: "@ Lexie, DROP WHAT YOUR DOING AND START READING PJO.. Its soo good!!!
And yes the Movies are shit."

Percy Jackson is my baby. He must be protected at all costs. And Annabeth is my queen. Lol, this series and HP were my role models when I was growing up.

message 32: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolesuet) | 140 comments @Joana
Percy is probably one of the funniest narrators EVER and one of my first book crushes. I JUST LOVE HIM 😍😍.
Annabeth is QUEEN! She and Hermione are phenomenal! I WANT TO BE THE SO BAD!!
and now i wanna reread PJ lol

message 33: by Joana (new)

Joana  | 49 comments @nicole YASSSSS I WANNA REREAD IT TOO BUT SCHOOL IS KILLING ME

message 34: by Nicole (new)

I KNOW! Same thing is happening to me! This year has been crazy! Barely had time to read.

message 35: by Joana (new)

Joana  | 49 comments Well, the next time you feel the urge to reread PJ, send me a message, I would love to have someone to rant and hyperventilate with😂😂 my love for this series knows no bounds @Nicole

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

PJO wasent a part of my childhood(I read lightning thief when I was 16, cant call that childhood) still its a fave book of mine.
Speaking of I bought The Ship of the Dead (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #3) by Rick Riordan today.

message 37: by Nicole (new)

I love this idea! Totally down for it. I'll message you!
oh, great! Now i wanna reread PJ even more, even though i'm supposed to start Illuminae today

message 38: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolesuet) | 140 comments @Oda
I think PJ is still amazing even if you read it older. It's so much fun! A 60 year old would love it.

message 39: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolesuet) | 140 comments As a Rick Riordan fan I feel bad that I've only read PJ

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Nicole wrote: "@Oda
I think PJ is still amazing even if you read it older. It's so much fun! A 60 year old would love it."

True. I do love it but its more part of my adolesence than my childhood. Doesent mean I love it less. Rick Riordan is defently one of my fave authors.

message 41: by Joana (new)

Joana  | 49 comments @Oda PJ is great at all ages. It's like HP in that sense. 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼 besides, I think it speaks to the kid that's always in us.

message 42: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolesuet) | 140 comments Yes, definitely! Joana, I completely agree with you! And PJ made me love mythology. I'm so thankful for that.

message 43: by Joana (new)

Joana  | 49 comments @Nicole yessss that's what sparked my love mythology as well

message 44: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolesuet) | 140 comments I can't wait to start Magnus Chase! The problem is that I want to buy it in english instead of portuguese and i'm completely broke right now

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Guys, guys I`m not saying I dont like pjo or hate it, just saying its not a part of my childhood as Joana said it was for her. Since I READ IT SO LATE IN MY CHILDHOOD... I still love it too bits. Really want Blue food, and loove the chapter titles.

Honestly, while we are talking about it you guys should check out Skulduggery Pleasant (Skulduggery Pleasant, #1) by Derek Landy the series is like pjo in that its written for 9-12 YET its soo freaking original and does so many funny twists of different tropes.

message 46: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolesuet) | 140 comments Oda, I got what you said. I was just pointing out this "aageless characteristics of

message 47: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolesuet) | 140 comments I posted before I finished writing

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Nicole wrote: "Oda, I got what you said. I was just pointing out this "aageless characteristics of"

Which I soo agree with. Skulduggery pleasant is a middle grade series I started when I was 19 yet its a fave series of mine. A great story is a great story.

message 49: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolesuet) | 140 comments Anyway, i got what you meant! It is AMAZING 😊 i'll definitely check this series out. I had never heard of it before

message 50: by Rose (new)

Rose | 65 comments Mod
You guys are killing me I'm about to drop everything and start reading PJ asap

« previous 1 3 4 5