Outlander on Starz S3 > E10 - Heaven and Earth

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1124 comments Air Date - November 19, 2017
Directed by - David Moore
Written by - Luke Schelhaas

message 2: by Diane (new)

Diane | 1356 comments Oh Elias - what wonderful acting to make me love you after knowing you for only two episodes. This was a very touching episode. as usual I loved it! The one thing I missed was wasn't LJG on this ship or am I mixed up?

message 3: by Beth_A (new)

Beth_A Warren | 77 comments Yes, LJG was supposed to be on the Porpoise. The show is making changes that makes me doubt what I remember from the book, although I just finished rereading it two weeks ago.
TV Jamie is showing such pettiness; that's not the responsible and caring Jamie I love and respect in the books.
I look forward to the return of LJG. His character resonates with the book version.

message 4: by Anna (last edited Nov 20, 2017 09:54AM) (new)

Anna | 1 comments Beth_A wrote: "TV Jamie is showing such pettiness; that's not the responsible and caring Jamie I love and respect in the books."

Agree! Jamie would never put Fergus and Marsali in danger for the sake of saving Claire, especially since she is not likely in any danger.

message 5: by Beth (new)

Beth MacCabe | 47 comments I see Jamie as in a very desperate situation, the threat of losing Claire again after the 20 years he had gone thru without her, to have had her back and then taken away, was foremost on his soul. Remember he said that he would give up everything to be with her again. Here he was, in a cell again, unable to do anything to get to Claire. Helpless feeling for him.
I was very happy to see Jamie looking at the pics of Brianna and the one with Claire with her Jamie was gazing most at. He is verra dashing in his glasses!
I had tears when Elias died.

message 6: by Nadia (new)

Nadia (tribalrose) | 57 comments It was a great episode... & finally we see those photos again!
Saw this article on the changes.. Thought I'd share.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/...

message 7: by Gina (new)

Gina (the-book-diva) | 7 comments I loved this episode - Sam's portrayal of Jamie was heart-wrenching! He is so desperate to be reunited with Claire that his better judgement is clouded with anger and he lashes out at Fergus. If you are interested in reading a fantastic review of this episode (and previous episodes as well) head on over to "My Outlander Blog" by Beth Wesson. Her detailed insight puts into words how I feel after watching most of these shows.

https://bethwesson.com/author/bethwes...

message 8: by Teresa (last edited Nov 24, 2017 07:50PM) (new)

Teresa Mader | 169 comments I think the producers and crew did a great job with this one, still think the episodes up through Lallybroch have been the best so far for me. There is just so much left to cover yet, and i think am impatient for them get to there, since there aren't many episodes left. Usually always get this way end of season, since i've read beyond the point where they are filming.