What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Velvet Song (Velvet Montgomery Annuals Tetralogy  #3)
This topic is about Velvet Song
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Historical Romance: A girl named Alexandria with a beautiful voice is forced to flee into the woods as a boy and live amongst the outcasts there.. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Keys (new)

Keys Love | 2 comments A girl named Alexandria with a beautiful voice is forced to flee into the woods as a boy and live amongst the outcast. There she falls in love with the leader a (lord/knight) named Rain. I can't remember why he was there exactly, but I feel like it had something to do with the King and an opposing family.

I think the time period was set around medieval England ,because I remember that they were still hanging and burning supposed witches at the stake and one of the outcast was there only because she had a birth mark on her face.

I also think the title had something to do with sound or Rain (as a play on either her voice and her lover Rains name). I found this book in a thrift store around 2013 but the book was already pretty old and beat up so maybe around 19-something. Any other plot line or names to help jog my memory would be appreciated!

message 2: by Annamariah (new)

Annamariah | 284 comments I did some googling and found Velvet Song by Jude Deveraux. It's not an exact match, but close enough that I think it might be your book.

"With her father murdered, her home burned, lovely Alyx Blackett fled to the woods -- and sanctuary in the camp of Raine Montgomery, a nobleman outlawed by the king's edict. There she hid her beauty in the guise of a boy, and her sorrow in her work as Montgomery's squire."

Some reviewers mention that Alyx is a singer with a voice beautiful enough to bewitch a king.

message 3: by Keys (new)

Keys Love | 2 comments Yeah omg! THANK YOU so so much this is the book.

message 4: by Annamariah (new)

Annamariah | 284 comments You're welcome :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Velvet Song (other topics)