Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > Attempting to Add Another Edition

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lorraine (last edited Oct 15, 2017 10:13AM) (new)

Lorraine (seteach) | 116 comments I have read Necropolis City of the Dead: Undercliffe Victorian Cemetery by Mark Davis. I put the ISBN 9781445634852 and tried to add my edition. GR website came back with the same number as ISBN 13. Then GR told me to contact you if it was in error. I’m afraid it is as the ISBN # I put when trying to add my edition is not IBSN 13. Would it be possible for someone to assist me? Thank you.
Lorraine Besch

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2... This edition is using ISBN 9781445634852. I'm not clear on what you need help with. Can you try to explain again, maybe a little differently.

message 3: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine (seteach) | 116 comments I am attempting to add a paperback edition that has the ISBN# I previously posted. The cover is the same as the audible edition, but when I tried to add it, GR said it could not be done because the ISBN # had been used as an ISBN 13 #. The paperback print edition
2015 that I have from Amberly Publishing has the IBSN 978144564752 not an ISBN 13 #. An iSBN # & an ISBN 13 # are different, aren’t they?
Lorraine

message 4: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine (seteach) | 116 comments Thank you, Tim. My copy has the same cover as the Kindle Edition listed. I was checking out your link when you posted your second post. Boy, you are quick! You were also correct. Many thanks again.
Lorraine

message 5: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine (seteach) | 116 comments Tim,
I need the paperback cover that is the same as the Kindle cover. I put ‘want to read’ but then realized it was the Kindle Edition. I have read the paperback edition. Hopefully, you will see this and add the cover for Amberly’s 2015 paperback edition. Thank you for all your help.
Lorraine

message 6: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine (seteach) | 116 comments Thanx so much, Tim! It is the right one. You are an angel. So sorry to have caused such a mess. Thank you again!
Lorraine