Goodreads Choice Awards Book Club discussion

Archive - Buddy Reads 2017 > Young Adult - November 2017

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 5870 comments Mod
The group voted to read the Young Adult nominee, The Sun Is Also a Star, in November. The winner for this genre was Salt to the Sea. Have you read any of the other nominees for this award? Which have you read and what did you think? Which was your favorite?

Do you plan to read any of them in the future? How about setting up a buddy read of one that you are interested in this month? Use this thread to discuss and find a buddy!

Schedule buddy reads here, then set up a separate thread to discuss.

message 3: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

I've read two of these so far, Salt to the Sea and The Serpent King. I thought they were both excellent and I would recommend them.

I'm still interested in A Study in Charlotte, This Is Where It Ends, and If I Was Your Girl. I may get to them eventually.

message 4: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 8 comments Kristie - I'm interested in A Study in Charlotte, also

message 5: by Lynn, Moderator (new)

Lynn | 4047 comments Mod
I've read: Salt to the Sea, A Thousand Boy Kisses, Unexpected Everything, The Serpent King, Love & Gelato

Enjoyed them all and wholeheartedly agree that Salt to the Sea should have won the award.

I still want to read: The Problem with Forever, The Sun Is Also A Star (and looking forward reading it for this month's group read), This Is Where It Ends, PS I Like You, A Study in Charlotte, Holding Up The Universe, If I Was Your Girl, The Way I Used To Be, Symptons of Being Human, Tell Me Three Things, When We Collide

Feel free to let me know if anyone wants to do a buddy read.

message 6: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 8 comments The Sun Is Also A Star is terrific!!! When does this woman's new book come out????

I really liked Tell Me Three Things too.

If anyone plans on reading A Study in Charlotte, let me know and I'll see if I can get a copy from the library.

message 7: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kirsten - Sorry for not getting back to you about A Study in Charlotte. I do want to read it, but I'm trying to wrap up some challenges before the end of the year, so I don't know when I'll have time. If I have some time soon, I'll pop back in and see if you have availability too.

message 8: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 8 comments Kristie wrote: "Kirsten - Sorry for not getting back to you about A Study in Charlotte. I do want to read it, but I'm trying to wrap up some challenges before the end of the year, so I don't know when I'll have ti..."

Send me a message! I'm not in any hurry.