What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Fiction, Long term amnesia; A man from the US goes missing and is presumed dead. His fiance never believed he was dead and finds a man who looks like him as a shop owner (art gallery?) in a small town in another country (Spanish or Portuguese).

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shawna (last edited Oct 15, 2017 11:52AM) (new)

Shawna | 1 comments I read this work of fiction 1-2 years ago. The end of the book indicates that perhaps a follow up book is coming.

A man from the US goes missing and is presumed dead. His fiance never believed he was dead and finds a man who looks like him as a shop owner (art gallery?) in a small town in another country (Spanish or Portuguese speaking country, I believe). She goes to find him, believes it is him, but he doesn't know her. He has gone on with his life (married with children) and she heads home to do the same. I think she opens a coffee shop upon return. At the end, he regains his memory and his children hand him a box which was created for just this event.

Any help would be great! Thanks!

message 2: by Kris (last edited Oct 30, 2017 08:42AM) (new)

Kris | 35769 comments Mod
Shawna, what's the genre or tone - romance, mystery, angsty, steam/clean, funny at times, literary fiction, etc.?

Can you tell us more about the main characters - jobs at the start of the story, skills/interests, family/friends, where they lived (region in U.S./big city/small town, etc.)?

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39865 comments Mod
Shawna, are you still looking for this or did you find it?