The Perks Of Being A Book Addict discussion

Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
This topic is about Three Dark Crowns
ARCHIVE - BOTM discussions > Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake - November 2017

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 4664 comments Our group read for November is Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake. Please discuss here and remember to use spoiler tags as needed, as everyone may start at different times and reads at different speeds.

Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1) by Kendare Blake

When kingdom come, there will be one.

In every generation on the island of Fennbirn, a set of triplets is born—three queens, all equal heirs to the crown and each possessor of a coveted magic. Mirabella is a fierce elemental, able to spark hungry flames or vicious storms at the snap of her fingers. Katharine is a poisoner, one who can ingest the deadliest poisons without so much as a stomachache. Arsinoe, a naturalist, is said to have the ability to bloom the reddest rose and control the fiercest of lions.

But becoming the Queen Crowned isn’t solely a matter of royal birth. Each sister has to fight for it. And it’s not just a game of win or lose…it’s life or death. The night the sisters turn sixteen, the battle begins.

The last queen standing gets the crown.

message 2: by Teri (new) - added it

Teri | 400 comments I’m only on page 21, but I am going to be very uneasy this book...very nervous

Rayna (raynaleigh) | 4 comments I really didn't enjoy this like I hoped I would. The world and characters were interesting at first, but there were enough plot holes and missing explanations that I just didn't click with it. I also thought it would be a lot darker, and then it wasn't...

message 4: by Teri (new) - added it

Teri | 400 comments Rayna wrote: "I really didn't enjoy this like I hoped I would. The world and characters were interesting at first, but there were enough plot holes and missing explanations that I just didn't click with it. I al..."

I’m sorry this didn’t work for you!

message 5: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 4664 comments Danielle wrote: "Can we extend this to over next month as it is a large book and may not be finished by December.. just an idea? Or can we continue this thread after the month finishes?"

The thread will be open forever and in this folder for a couple of months after November. Take your time and enjoy the story. You can discuss as long as you like.

Stephanie | 163 comments I was excited to begin reading this book, as soon as I brought it home from the library. Personally the book read too slow for me, until I got towards the end. Although things picked up, it just wasn't enough for me to just Love this book. I gave it 3.5 stars.

message 7: by Teri (new) - added it

Teri | 400 comments I’m not that far-about 100 pages now...honestly, I am not really feeling it but I’m going to push through and hope it gets better.

Peri June (perijune) | 28 comments It looks like I'm the only one who went complete fangirl about this book so far! I loved it.

message 9: by Teri (new) - added it

Teri | 400 comments Peri wrote: "It looks like I'm the only one who went complete fangirl about this book so far! I loved it."

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

message 10: by Liz (new) - rated it 4 stars

Liz | 52 comments wow!! finished it loved it. what an ending not saying a word. loved the intermeshing of the different character plots. cannot wait to read the second book

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Three Dark Crowns (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Kendare Blake (other topics)