What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Contemporary Romance, deaf heroine dates a firefighter. Lip reading.

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Colene (nikkicolene) | 67 comments I read this book maybe 8 years ago, so it was published in the late 90s or early 2000s. I don't remember any of the plot really, just that h is deaf and H is a firefighter. I remember an interaction between the two after their relationship started, and they were having an almost argument and he mumbled something to himself, but she read his lips.

message 2: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 606 comments there is like an old Erin McCarthy where she is deaf I think...that might be it

message 3: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 606 comments or not - in it - the H is a police detective - Mouth To Mouth

message 4: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Colene (nikkicolene) | 67 comments That isn't it. He was definitely a firefighter.

message 6: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Colene (nikkicolene) | 67 comments That's not it either. It wasn't a Harlequin book. At least that's not how I remember it.

message 7: by SBC (new)

SBC (essbeecee) | 875 comments This one has a firefighter hero - but I'm not sure if the heroine is deaf or only her daughter: Her Only Hero

Penniless widow Laura McKay was determined to succeed on her own, but when an arsonist threatened her deaf daughter's safety, she was compelled to rely on firefighter Ryan Flanagan, the high school football hero who'd never noticed her as a shy underclassman.

Physically fearless and an expert at avoiding romantic commitment, Ryan had become his own worst enemy. But in the flames there's only one enemy: time, which just might be running out for Laura unless Ryan's courage and love can withstand the test of fire.

message 8: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Colene (nikkicolene) | 67 comments It was female lead who was deaf. Sorry I don't have any more details.

message 9: by Twtwothree (new)

Twtwothree | 9 comments This doesn't have a firefighter but the female lead is deaf - Unspeakable by Sandra Brown

message 10: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Colene (nikkicolene) | 67 comments Thanks, I may give this one a try, but it's not the book in looking for.

message 11: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Colene (nikkicolene) | 67 comments Bump

message 12: by Kris (last edited Dec 27, 2017 04:03PM) (new)

Kris | 33466 comments Mod
Silent Burn by Tonya Clark?
(Google search - site:www.amazon.com "contemporary romance" deaf firefighter)

Nicole, what's the tone - romantic, angsty, steamy/clean, funny at times, sad/somber, etc.?

What's the location - country, region, big city/small town?

message 13: by Nikki (last edited Apr 22, 2018 05:09PM) (new)

Nikki Colene (nikkicolene) | 67 comments Kris wrote: "Silent Burn by Tonya Clark?
(Google search - site:www.amazon.com "contemporary romance" deaf firefighter)

Nicole, what's the tone - romantic, angsty, steamy/clean..."

The firefighter is not the deaf one, the heroine is. I believe it's set in a big city, and the theme is steamy.

message 14: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37806 comments Mod
Nicole, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 15: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Colene (nikkicolene) | 67 comments I still have not found it. Honestly, at this point I don't have much hope of finding it.