Fantasy Book Club Series discussion

Dark Elf Trilogy > #2 Exile-Finished? Spoil Away!

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maggie, The Malazan Queen of Chaos (new)

Maggie K | 1202 comments Mod
What did you think?

message 2: by Kathi, There’s no such thing as too many books! (new)

Kathi | 933 comments Mod
I gave this a 7/10. Friendship and loyalty echo through the pages of this episode in the life of Drizzt, the dark elf. The male characters of all kinds continue to be the most interesting and fully realized, while the females are rather two-dimensional. And really, for the deep gnome to have a hammer and pick for hands? Great for mining and fighting, but what about dressing and personal hygiene? An overlooked detail that bugged me throughout the story.

message 3: by Bill (last edited Oct 16, 2017 07:41AM) (new)

Bill Yeah the hands thing had some major flaws that were not mentioned. I did this in audio and every time he said magga cammara it annoyed me. It was just way overused. I liked the exploration of the underdark and getting to see some of the other creatures and communities. I’m glad we got to see a better resolution for Drizzt and Zaknafein as well as Malice getting her due.

message 4: by Anna (new)

Anna (vegfic) I didn't even think about the hands, I guess it's one of those things that don't have to make sense in a game world. They have magic and they only exist when I meet them. Of course it's not the same in a book.