Action/Adventure Aficionados discussion

Member-Author Group Read > November/December 2017 Featured Member-Author Group Read Nominations

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (new)

Lisa P | 1965 comments Mod
Member-Authors.....it is time to nominate your very own books for our November/December Featured Member-Author Group Read.

The books must be nominated to include a Goodreads link by clicking on 'add book/author' located above the comment box. If a book does not have a Goodreads link, it will not be added to the poll.

**The first 10 books to be nominated (as long as book/author meet all the listed criteria) will go into the final poll.**

Only one book may be nominated per author and book/author must both meet the following criteria in order to be accepted for the poll:

1. You must be an “actively-participating” (not including self-promotion) member of our group for at least 2 months.
2. Your book must also fall into the action/adventure genre, and be readily available (i.e. new print and/or ebook format).
3. Book needs to be either standalone or first in a series (or later in a series if constructed to be read as a standalone).
4. The first 10 books to be nominated (as long as they meet all the requirements) will go into the final poll.
5. Mods have full discretion on whether the author/book meets these criteria

message 2: by Lance (new)

Lance Charnes (lcharnes) | 223 comments I'll nominate my international thriller Doha 12 , which is available on Kindle, Nook, Kobo, and trade paperback.

An assassination in the Persian Gulf thrusts twelve innocent people into the crosshairs of a hit team bent on revenge. But two of those people aren't going to die quietly.

Doha 12 by Lance Charnes

message 3: by Mark (last edited Oct 16, 2017 10:20AM) (new)

Mark Seghers (markseghers) | 2 comments I'll nominate my novel Like Streams in Sand, available on Kindle in electronic and paperback versions. It's the story of Cawl Childe, a killer hired to find the seeds of Islamic terrorism deep in the Sahara but whose mission lands him at the chokepoint of religion, poverty and geopolitics.

Like Streams in Sand by Mark Seghers

message 4: by Robert (last edited Oct 21, 2017 02:29PM) (new)

Robert Rapoza | 26 comments The Bermuda Connection
I'll nominate my book, The Bermuda Connection.

Archeologist Nick Randall is haunted by a recurring nightmare that may be tied to the abduction of a woman he’s never met. As he searches for clues, assassins attack and nearly kill him, forcing him into hiding. Nick’s son, John Randall, a talented Bioengineer, finds himself engulfed in his own mystery. Having developed a drug that erases traumatic memories, his research partner suddenly disappears. While searching for him, John makes a terrifying discovery. He has been part of secret, psychological military project, and their henchman will stop at nothing to get his research—including murder. John narrowly escapes, only to find he is now wanted by the authorities. 

Their paths cross when they are both drawn to a mysterious woman on the Island of Bermuda. But they must find her and solve the riddle before evil forces unleash a horrific weapon on humanity.

message 5: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (last edited Oct 25, 2017 07:34PM) (new)

Thank you for the nominations...The poll is now up and will close on October 31!

*Please note that Books/Authors that did not meet the nomination criteria were not included in the final poll.*

message 6: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (new)

Doha 12 has won the poll, so we will be reading it for our November/December Featured Member-Author Group Read. Thanks to everyone who nominated and voted!