Around the Year in 52 Books discussion

Final Girls
This topic is about Final Girls
Archives > Final Girls, by Riley Sager

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Anastasia (anastasiaharris) | 1354 comments Week 40 - 2017 AtYB A book published in 2017.

When looking at my TBR to decide on a book for this week I was surprised that so many were published this year. Usually I pick up books that are at least 2 or more years old. My library has a system were the newer or more popular books are only lent out for 7 days at a time for the first few months, or until the popularity dies down.

The reason I choose this one specifically was because the group is reading it as a group read and it looked scary enough to read in October. When others in this group mentioned being on a waiting list I thought I should look to see if there was one at my library too. There is on the paper copy but luckily nothing on the ebook.

That is when I noticed it was written this year. So everything worked out in my favour. :)

It was slow in the beginning. The main character was a little dull. The flash backs were what kept me reading. It picks up about 2/3 of the way through making it a good reading choice. The ending was definitely unexpected. I really liked the ending.

Katie | 2364 comments I finished this at 2:42 am today. I read it in about 12 hours. I thought the beginning was kind of lame because I thought the characters were frustrating, but then I got so sucked in that I had to know what happened before I could go to bed. And the ending had me pretty surprised. I didn't see that coming at all.

Katie | 2364 comments Oh, and I read this for the unreliable narrator prompt since the main character can't remember what happened to her.

DebsD | 7 comments I was disappointed in this - not because I'd had hugely high hopes for it, but because it could have been so much better. My review is at https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Katie | 2364 comments I didn't like the characters in the beginning, but l was pretty sucked in during the middle, but the ending fell pretty flat for me. I was surprised, but I ultimately thought there was a cheesy factor to it.

message 6: by ~*Kim*~ (last edited Jan 07, 2018 02:36PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

~*Kim*~ 2018 - Week 49 - A book from one of the Goodreads Best Books of the Month lists

Final Girls
3 Stars

This book took about 3/4 of the way to really pick up. I was really pushing myself to get through it. The end did have a twist that I wasn't expecting. I was thinking through the whole middle part of the book that I had it all figured out, but was surprised at the end that I didn't. Other than that, it probably would have gotten a 2-star rating from me. :(

Adam Smith (chaos624) | 1183 comments Read for Dual Timeline.

This book had some interesting parts, but it did kind of fall apart towards the end. It tried to be too clever for its own good and ended up a mess. Especially when the villain seemed to sense things needed to be wrapped up quickly so they started doing and saying unnecessary things that defeated their entire character up to that point.

I felt it could have done more with what it had.