Aussie Readers discussion

David Menon
This topic is about David Menon
Our Authors Spotlight > So what's been happening to you?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (last edited Oct 15, 2017 03:40AM) (new)

David Menon (wwwgoodreadscomdavidmenon) | 231 comments David Menon

Hello again everyone!

I'm a British crime fiction author with several books set in Australia and I used to be on this 'Aussie Readers' site quite often, taking part in all kinds of discussions. However, I've not been on for a while because 2017 has tuned out to be a pretty dramatic year so far - I lost my partner to cancer and we'd been together for twenty years, I had to leave our flat in Paris and move back temporarily to the UK, I've had to legally fight my late partner's family over his Will, and the stress of it all led to me having a heart attack. In the tests they conducted following that they found that I had leukaemia (non aggressive strain).

As is often said 'You wouldn't read about it'.

Anyway, I'm now hoping to put it all behind me and get back to the business of writing and to communicating with everyone again.

So tell me what's been happening to you so far this year?

David

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Maddox (sarahmaddox) | 42 comments Hallo David

I'm so sorry to hear how sad your year has been thus far. May the remainder of 2017 be restful and give you the peace you need to recover and to get back to your writing.

Best regards
Sarah

message 3: by Li'l Owl (last edited Oct 15, 2017 11:12AM) (new)

Li'l Owl | 2504 comments Sorry to hear of your difficult year, David.
I'm very sorry for your loss, as well.

I lost my mom to cancer in April, then a very close friend of my family passed away from cancer just last month.
Have been having quite a lot of pain from my fibromylagia among spine and neck pain which is causing frequent headaches and migraines. I've had a lot of difficult health problems starting with a tumor on my left jaw when I was 1½ years old, leading to a dozen surgeries to the age of 18. But I've had a supportive and phenomenal family who always have a positive attitude and humor throughout so it just seemed like it is what it is and didn't let it get me down. I still feel like I had a blessed childhood.
I start physical therapy this coming week and I can't wait!
My best defence mechanisms are my family, especially my dad, books to lose myself in, my friends here in both Aussie groups (I love you guys!) And my sense of humor! I'm a very happy Li'l Owl.

I sincerely hope things start to get better for you very soon!

message 4: by Sally906 (new)

Sally906 Wow - you’ve had a rough trot. Hope things turn around for you now.

message 5: by Icewineanne (last edited Oct 16, 2017 11:45AM) (new)

Icewineanne | 221 comments So sorry to read about your loss David & all the stress leading to your health problems. I hope that things eventually work out in your favour with respect to the estate issues and that it turn helps relieve some of your health problems.
I also lost my mom a year ago this month. It has left a hole in my life that sadly will never be filled but i count myself fortunate to have had the time with her that i did.
Wishing you peace for the future.