UAE Good Readers discussion

134 views
Top Bookstores/websites in UAE

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mahra (new)

Mahra (passionist) | 3 comments Greetings UAE Good Readers

I want to share with you the top websites/stores to buy books:

1. Magrudys (https://magrudy.com/)
*Free Shipping to AD&DXB

2. Kinokuniya (https://uae.kinokuniya.com)
*recommend to go there and experience finding new books, its 100% worth it.
*staff is amazing

3. Jamalon (http://jamalon.com/ar/)
*FREE SHIPPING!!!!
*Customer service 100% perf.

4. Bookcorner (in Marina Mall, next to the store Typo)
*there is cheap books way in the back check them out (prices are 5 Dhs & 10 Dhs or 15Dhs)

5.Borders
*another amazing store, overpriced but I frankly go for the sale and the buy-two-get-one-free book offer.

thats all, please feel free to share your fav bookstore here in UAE!!
[image error]


message 2: by Neeshma (new)

Neeshma Nazar Ayyaril (neeshmanazarreviews) | 10 comments Pre LOVED Books!!

House of Prose ---has two branches, one in in Jumeirah and the other in Dubai Garden Center, near Gold and Diamond Park (FGB metro) .
Half Priced Book Store Basically(50% off)!
They do take Books (Used) and give a certain amount!
And if you purchase the Book from them earlier and wanna sell the same book back to them, they will give 50% money back.

Another option is in Mall Of the Emirates --- The Dubai Old Library (Near Ductac), Yes they do have the yearly membership for 200/- (8 Books),
Other than that, the extra Books they hold will be for sale ----For very cheap price ---like 10 and 5 and even for 2/-


message 3: by Massimo (new)

Massimo Dellavalle | 2 comments Hi Neeshma, I did not know the Library at Ductac is selling used books, I was told they are only for borrowing...


message 4: by Neeshma (new)

Neeshma Nazar Ayyaril (neeshmanazarreviews) | 10 comments Massimo wrote: "Hi Neeshma, I did not know the Library at Ductac is selling used books, I was told they are only for borrowing..."

They Do sell Books,

Right at the entrance of the library, at the right side, you can see shelves that are dedicated to AED 2/- and AED 5/- Books.

I Got Hardcover Edn of Purity - 9780374239213 for AED 5/- from there along with some old backlist titles.


message 5: by Amin Jan (new)

Amin Jan | 1 comments Hi,
Does anyone know if there are any events where readers meet and lease books on weekly or monthly basis here in UAE? Cheers


message 6: by Shanilb (new)

Shanilb | 1 comments Has anyone read the new Jack Reacher book? midnight line ? Good enough ?


message 7: by PRINCESS (new)

PRINCESS (prayforhumanity) | 12 comments Amin Jan wrote: "Hi,
Does anyone know if there are any events where readers meet and lease books on weekly or monthly basis here in UAE? Cheers"


there are meetings held most of times for book lovers according to their preference of time (weekly, monthly or quarterly), you may find it in www.meetup.com
Im an organizer for one as well; www.meetup.com/Dubai-Book-Cafe/
you are welcome to join us :)


message 8: by Neeshma (new)

Neeshma Nazar Ayyaril (neeshmanazarreviews) | 10 comments Mahra wrote: "Greetings UAE Good Readers

I want to share with you the top websites/stores to buy books:

1. Magrudys (https://magrudy.com/)
*Free Shipping to AD&DXB

2. Kinokuniya (https://uae.kinokuniya.com)
*..."


How about book depository?
I haven't tried it personally.
but have seen some good reviews because of free delivery.


message 9: by A. (new)

A. R. Rashwan | 27 comments Neeshma wrote: "Mahra wrote: "Greetings UAE Good Readers

I want to share with you the top websites/stores to buy books:

1. Magrudys (https://magrudy.com/)
*Free Shipping to AD&DXB

2. Kinokuniya (https://uae.kin..."


I absolutely love BD and would recommend it to anyone. I buy all books I can't find in Kino from BD, it's simply an excellent website; it always has discounts on books and offers free shipping worldwide. Give it a try.


back to top