The island in our hearts buddy read group discussion

The Beach - Introduce Yourself

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Continuing with the island idea, I thought a beach could be a cool place to start.
Or in other words introduce each other.
Hi,
I`m Oda am 25 and There are lots of hyped books I have not read yet. In addition I am norwegian(hence my "strange name"). I`m also studying to be a librerian.
V. E scwabe being among them. Yes..Well soon I will read it with you guys to be in on the fun.

message 2: by ;; (new)

;; (sheisreadingg) Hi, I'm Cri and I come from Italy. Never read any of Victoria Schwab's books and many others hyped ones. I also have never done a buddy read, so I'm pretty exicted about that :)

message 3: by ;; (new)

;; (sheisreadingg) Oda wrote: "Continuing with the island idea, I thought a beach could be a cool place to start.
Hi,
I`m Oda am 25 and There are lots of hyped books I have not read yet. I..."

Ohh, you are studying to be a librerian? It's so cool!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Cri (Addictedtobookss) wrote: "Oda wrote: "Continuing with the island idea, I thought a beach could be a cool place to start.
Hi,
I`m Oda am 25 and There are lots of hyped books I have not..."

Yes I am, and yes its very fun. Am on my last year atm.

Carrie (brightbeautifulthings) (brightbeautifulthings) Hi! I'm Carrie, and I'm 28. I live in the USA. I'll read anything that sounds good, but I gravitate toward a lot of YA and horror. I've read the Monsters of Verity duology, but I have tons more Schwab on my TBR. Thanks for inviting me! <3

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome both of you :)
I have a good feeling about this group.

message 7: by Anna (new)

Anna Wayland (annabonaparte) | 21 comments Hi! I'm Anna, 16, and from São Paulo, Brazil! I have plans to study abroad (btw Norway is included in my plans so Oda, if you could teach me Norwegian that would be great) but so far I'm just trying to balance school and reading. Oh and something very important about me is that I love winter and snow makes me happy

⋆✩ Mary ✩⋆ (marya28) | 104 comments Heyy guys!
I’m Mary and I’m 19 years old (soon to be 20 yay).
I live in London and I’m currently taking a gap year and hopefully will be going to university in September; I’m working full time atm. Also, I recently found out that my personality type is INFJ!
I have an unconditional love for boooks and food. I’m happy to read anything that I find interesting. 🤗

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Anna wrote: "Hi! I'm Anna, 16, and from São Paulo, Brazil! I have plans to study abroad (btw Norway is included in my plans so Oda, if you could teach me Norwegian that would be great) but so far I'm just tryin..."

Oh, you want to study in Norway fun. Study in Norway as in a year, a semester or a whole degree? If you love winter you probably want to go to Tromsø or Bodø? Both have good studies. I`m happy to teach you norwegian.

message 10: by ;; (new)

;; (sheisreadingg) Anna wrote: "Hi! I'm Anna, 16, and from São Paulo, Brazil! I have plans to study abroad (btw Norway is included in my plans so Oda, if you could teach me Norwegian that would be great) but so far I'm just tryin..."

Mary wrote: "Heyy guys!
I’m Mary and I’m 19 years old (soon to be 20 yay).
I live in London and I’m currently taking a gap year and hopefully will be going to university in September; I’m working full time atm..."

Hi, Mary and Anna :)

message 11: by ;; (new)

;; (sheisreadingg) Carrie (brightbeautifulthings) wrote: "Hi! I'm Carrie, and I'm 28. I live in the USA. I'll read anything that sounds good, but I gravitate toward a lot of YA and horror. I've read the Monsters of Verity duology, but I have tons more Sch..."
Glad you are in this group, Carrie 💖

message 12: by Joana (new)

Joana  | 49 comments Hey! My name's Joana and I'm albanian and I've never lived in a country for more than 5 years (bc of my parents job, they're diplomats) I'm 16 (about to turn 17) and I am currently living in Brussels, Belgium.

Looking forward to buddy reading with you guys, since I haven't ever done it before!

message 13: by ;; (new)

;; (sheisreadingg) Joana wrote: "Hey! My name's Joana and I'm albanian and I've never lived in a country for more than 5 years (bc of my parents job, they're diplomats) I'm 16 (about to turn 17) and I am currently living in Brusse..."
Hi, Joana! We are the same age (I'll be 17 on January lol) and I have never done a buddy read before too! ;)

message 14: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolesuet) | 140 comments Hiii!
My name is Nicole. I am 18 and from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Reading is like my favorite thing in the world and like the rest of you I also have not read any V.E Schwab books and I am ridiculously excited about this buddy read!
PS: And Oda, like Anna I too am obsessed with Norway! I so wanna live there someday. What can I say? I just fucking love Skam and I am still in mourning

message 15: by Rose (new)

Rose | 65 comments Mod
Hey!! I'm Lexie I'm 24. Can't wait to chat with everyone and get to know you all. I love almost any genre in books, always open to try something new. I've never done a buddy read, exited about that!

Thanks for the invite!!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Nicole wrote: "Hiii!
My name is Nicole. I am 18 and from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Reading is like my favorite thing in the world and like the rest of you I also have not read any V.E Schwab books and I am ridicul..."

Haha! Fun that both brasilians are interested in Norway. I suppose "everybody" is obseesed with norway after Skam`s sucsess.

message 17: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolesuet) | 140 comments Oda wrote: "Nicole wrote: "Hiii!
My name is Nicole. I am 18 and from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Reading is like my favorite thing in the world and like the rest of you I also have not read any V.E Schwab books a..."

How can you not? Honestly, Skam kind of opened my eyes to how great a country Norway is! You're lucky to live there :)
And Skam is such a great series! By the way, I have a major crush on Herman Tommeraas (even though I still can't pronouce his name lol) and I hope to marry him someday. Another reason why I wanna go to Norway haha

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Nicole wrote: "Oda wrote: "Nicole wrote: "Hiii!
My name is Nicole. I am 18 and from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Reading is like my favorite thing in the world and like the rest of you I also have not read any V.E Sc..."

Hehe.. Fun.. Well I`m not Skam obsessed(:O) Yes there are people that dont care. I liked season 4 but dont love it. I do think its fun how big of a phenomenon it is.

message 19: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolesuet) | 140 comments Oda wrote: "Nicole wrote: "Oda wrote: "Nicole wrote: "Hiii!
My name is Nicole. I am 18 and from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Reading is like my favorite thing in the world and like the rest of you I also have not ..."

It is pretty awesome what happened and I also didn't really like season that much. My favorites are seasons 1 and 3.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Nicole wrote: "Oda wrote: "Nicole wrote: "Oda wrote: "Nicole wrote: "Hiii!
My name is Nicole. I am 18 and from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Reading is like my favorite thing in the world and like the rest of you I al..."

No, you misunderstood I thought season 1-3 were boring season 4 I actually liked.

message 21: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolesuet) | 140 comments Oda wrote: "Nicole wrote: "Oda wrote: "Nicole wrote: "Oda wrote: "Nicole wrote: "Hiii!
My name is Nicole. I am 18 and from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Reading is like my favorite thing in the world and like the r..."

Yeah, I must have read wrong

message 22: by Joana (new)

Joana  | 49 comments Is Skam like a norwegian tv show?

message 23: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolesuet) | 140 comments Joana wrote: "Is Skam like a norwegian tv show?"

Yeees! You should watch it

message 24: by Joana (new)

Joana  | 49 comments Nicole wrote: "Joana wrote: "Is Skam like a norwegian tv show?"

Yeees! You should watch it"

How is this the first time I'm hearing of it? haha, thanks, I'll have to check it out one day.

message 25: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolesuet) | 140 comments Joana wrote: "Nicole wrote: "Joana wrote: "Is Skam like a norwegian tv show?"

Yeees! You should watch it"

How is this the first time I'm hearing of it? haha, thanks, I'll have to check it out one day."

Definitely do

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Joana wrote: "Is Skam like a norwegian tv show?"

Jupp. The whole world has obsessed over it. Even though its set in norway and in norwegian, apparently norwegian teens resonate all over. But maybe move the chat over to the chat thread? Have this be the " hello my name is.. " place.

message 27: by Joana (new)

Joana  | 49 comments Oda wrote: "Joana wrote: "Is Skam like a norwegian tv show?"

Jupp. The whole world has obsessed over it. Even though its set in norway and in norwegian, apparently norwegian teens resonate all over. But maybe..."

Yeah, sorry, I thought this was the chat thread before I realized that is wasn't

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Joana wrote: "Oda wrote: "Joana wrote: "Is Skam like a norwegian tv show?"

Jupp. The whole world has obsessed over it. Even though its set in norway and in norwegian, apparently norwegian teens resonate all ove..."

Hehe.. No it was meant as the introduction thread. Its fine for now but dont want it too much off topic for too long.

message 29: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 141 comments Hi. *waves*

I'm Victoria, though I also go by Tori. I don't really mind which you use.

I'm a 33 year old blind vegetarian animal-loving poet and children's author, originally from Wales, UK, now living in England, UK. I moved from the mountains to the beach, as it happens. Haha!

I'm not very good at keeping up with what the most popular books or movies are, so often haven't read or watched whatever is most popular at any given time. In fact, though I spend a lot of my non-writing time either reading or watching TV, I still don't seem to find the time to read all the books I want to, and am even more behind on movies and TV shows.

So, that's me. Um... Nice to meet you all.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Victoria wrote: "Hi. *waves*

I'm a 33 year old blind vegetarian animal-loving poet and children's author, originally from Wales, UK, now ..."

Hi! wawes back.
I knew you were welsh, but dident know you were a vegetarian too.
Veggie high five!

Carrie (brightbeautifulthings) (brightbeautifulthings) Veggiesauruses unite! <3

message 32: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 141 comments Oda wrote: "Victoria wrote: "Hi. *waves*

I'm a 33 year old blind vegetarian animal-loving poet and children's author, originally fro..."

*veggie high five back*

Yep. Been what my brother calls "properly vegetarian" for about nine years, but had what he calls "vegetarian phases" on and off since I was about six years old.

message 33: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 141 comments Carrie (brightbeautifulthings) wrote: "Veggiesauruses unite! <3"

Haha! Love that!

message 34: by Mary (new)

Mary I am Mary, I am 19, and I am studying psychology and criminology. I am from the U.S. and there are many hype books that I haven't read yet but many that I hope to get to soon!

message 35: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 141 comments Welcome to the group, Mary!

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome Mary. I hope you enjoy the group.

message 37: by Maggie (new)

Maggie  (maggie003) | 3 comments Hi!!
My name is Maggie, I'm 27 and from Portugal.
When it comes to books I love fantasy, paranormal, romance, anything with a good story (with the exception of horror). I'm always looking for new friends that love books and with who I can talk :)
Thank Oda for the invite

message 38: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 10, 2018 11:56AM) (new)

Welcome to the group Maggie, fun you wanted to join.
We have done group reads so if you are reading one of them feel free to add your thoughts to the discussion.

message 39: by Maggie (new)

Maggie  (maggie003) | 3 comments Oda Renate wrote: "Welcome to the group Maggie, fun you wanted to join.
We have done group reads so if you are reading one of them feel free to add your thoughts to the discussion."

Ok, I will take a look :)

message 40: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 141 comments Welcome to the group, Maggie!

message 41: by Maggie (new)

Maggie  (maggie003) | 3 comments Victoria wrote: "Welcome to the group, Maggie!"
thank you :)

message 42: by Aakash (new)

Aakash (aakashthedreamer) Hello I am Aakash from India and I would like to read fantasy books which I haven't read.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Aakash wrote: "Hello I am Aakash from India and I would like to read fantasy books which I haven't read."

Welcome to the group :D
We might do Ursula le guin and Mercedes lackey soon.

message 44: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 141 comments Welcome to the group, Aakash!

message 45: by Aakash (new)

Aakash (aakashthedreamer) Thnks