Stephen King Fans discussion

Movies & TV shows > The Talisman

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie, Constant Reader (new)

Angie | 2547 comments Mod
Looks like The Talisman is next to become a movie

https://geektyrant.com/news/stephen-k...

message 2: by mrbooks (new)

mrbooks | 1469 comments The Talisman will be good, but I want to see them make a movie out of the Long Walk.

message 3: by ElleEm (new)

ElleEm | 260 comments The Talisman is going to be tough to do but if they nail it then it is going to be great!

message 4: by Kandice (new)

Kandice | 3970 comments I honestly believe the hardest thing about getting this right will be Wolf, right here, right now! He is so believable on page, but may come across as silly on screen and that would break my heart.

message 5: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 2102 comments I wonder if they would do a movie on Black House too.

message 6: by Jen_Ken (new)

Jen_Ken a.k.a....Jenny from the block | 725 comments I’m thinking with the awesome success of IT, you will start to see much more of adaptations of Stephen Kings books. I only hope that they are better than some of the poorer ones such as the remake of the 1979 classic Salem’s Lot which this remake can not hold a candle to David Soul as Ben.

message 7: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 372 comments Kandice wrote: "I honestly believe the hardest thing about getting this right will be Wolf, right here, right now! He is so believable on page, but may come across as silly on screen and that would break my heart."

that would break my heart, too. I loved Wolf.

message 8: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Miller Angie wrote: "Looks like The Talisman is next to become a movie

https://geektyrant.com/news/stephen-k......"

This is one of my favorite books, period. I really loved this other world, and Wolf was such an awesome character. I miss this book

message 9: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Miller mrbooks wrote: "The Talisman will be good, but I want to see them make a movie out of the Long Walk."

I agree and think that Hollyweird just can't mess it up. Just find a long road, get the right actors and yell action.

Again, Hollyweird can't mess it up, but they would try with a move "based" upon the novel. Humpf. We shall see

message 10: by mrbooks (new)

mrbooks | 1469 comments Unfortunately those people in as you call it and I agree, Hollyweird have little in the way of common sense to let things run as the need to with out interference, they will say things like walk with attitude, walk like you mean to be there for the next 1000 miles, or more as necessary. Screw that give them one order only, walk and maintain a 4 mile and hour walking rate or collect your ticket. I'm sure they could find a few actors who need shooting. Who knows maybe there will be a few who actually play the part right.

message 11: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Miller mrbooks wrote: "Unfortunately those people in as you call it and I agree, Hollyweird have little in the way of common sense to let things run as the need to with out interference, they will say things like walk wi..."

LOL; agreed. That is good direction; but they wouldn't do it. I am not sure why Stephen Kings works do not translate as well onto screen. A huge part of me thinks that maybe, just maybe; the directors/screenwriters/actors; are not fans and have never read the books. I am not talking about perusing the finer points; but real fans. Maybe, they should join Goodreads.

message 12: by Jen_Ken (new)

Jen_Ken a.k.a....Jenny from the block | 725 comments Alondra wrote: "mrbooks wrote: "Unfortunately those people in as you call it and I agree, Hollyweird have little in the way of common sense to let things run as the need to with out interference, they will say thi..."

I believe that part of the problem is what I define as perspective, awareness and bias. What we read translates to what we believe it to be and everyone see things differently. Also, there are those few that no matter the facts just do not want to see the truth and they want to see what they want to see. Hence the reason why things are so messed up today.. They like to hide behind their opinions, which in most cases are devoid of facts and useless information.

message 13: by mrbooks (new)

mrbooks | 1469 comments Alondra wrote: "mrbooks wrote: "Unfortunately those people in as you call it and I agree, Hollyweird have little in the way of common sense to let things run as the need to with out interference, they will say thi..."

The real fans are here, at least 10000 of us LOL.

message 14: by mrbooks (new)

mrbooks | 1469 comments Kenneth I agree with you 100 percent.

message 15: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Miller Kenneth wrote: "Alondra wrote: "mrbooks wrote: "Unfortunately those people in as you call it and I agree, Hollyweird have little in the way of common sense to let things run as the need to with out interference, t..."

Their perspective sucks. They really need to read the books, talk to the author and stick to the plot.

message 16: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Miller mrbooks wrote: "The real fans are here, at least 10000 of us LOL...."

HA!

message 17: by Jen_Ken (new)

Jen_Ken a.k.a....Jenny from the block | 725 comments I would say based on what I saw they did read IT since the 2017 movie version was a faithful adaptation of the Novel.

message 18: by Kandice (new)

Kandice | 3970 comments I agree that It 2017 was a pretty faithful adaptation if you only factor in the kids' part (not the return), and despite changes, the feel of the book was there.

As far as The Shining goes, although I love the movie, (without considering it a faithful adaptation) I can believe Kubrick didn't read the source or care about it. With A Clockwork Orange he stated he only skimmed the book and the important 21st chapter not at all. He is/was a visual story teller, so didn't feel the book was more than a jumping platform. That's not a complaint from me, just an observation.

message 19: by Jen_Ken (new)

Jen_Ken a.k.a....Jenny from the block | 725 comments Momma always says life is like a box of chocolates... you can never discuss the facts with someone that maintains logical fallacies.., Nope no Ken Do IT... it’s so funny I’m laughing out loud....

message 20: by Jen_Ken (new)

Jen_Ken a.k.a....Jenny from the block | 725 comments I just proved my point!

message 21: by Jen_Ken (new)

Jen_Ken a.k.a....Jenny from the block | 725 comments Typical Grandiloquence... with a capital G

message 22: by Linda (new)

Linda (beaulieulinda117gmailcom) | 975 comments I always thought the Talisman would make a great movie. I rather liked the original Salems Lot but I haven't seen the 2004 movie.

message 23: by Jen_Ken (new)

Jen_Ken a.k.a....Jenny from the block | 725 comments All I’m doing is presenting the facts and no one really wants to read someone to take it so personally that they tell a valuable member of this group to grow up..,. Sounds a bit over the top...

message 24: by Linda (new)

Linda (beaulieulinda117gmailcom) | 975 comments I believe the Blackhouse is a continuation of The Talisman. Again it's been years since I've touched these books.

message 25: by Kandice (new)

Kandice | 3970 comments Matthewcross87 wrote: "linda, is black house a direct sequel to the talisman or does it connect like Delores Claiborne and Geralds game ?"

Black House revisits Jack in the same way that Doctor Sleep revisits Danny. It's not a sequel so much as a revisit to an old place and it's people.

message 26: by Linda (new)

Linda (beaulieulinda117gmailcom) | 975 comments I have the 2004 Salems Lot coming. That's with Rob Lowe Right?