Serious Mental Illness discussion

What is it really like to be mentally ill?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Allen (stephanieanneallen) | 30 comments My Mental Madness Memoir by Stephanie Anne Allen is the chilling, shocking, interesting, and compelling true story about my struggles through mental illness and how I found the courage, strength, faith, and hope to survive!
Readers have commented on it stating it was helpful, interesting, and courageous!!
My Mental Madness Memoir: The provocative TRUE journey through my struggles with mental illness

message 2: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Dering | 6 comments Hi, Stephanie. I am so glad you have come through it.
My brother was not as lucky. Despite all the doctors, social workers etc. we tried to connect him to, and who said they were treating him, he never recovered. I wrote about it from the family's perspective, how we tried to help but were powerless, his occasional moments or days of near sanity and happiness, etc.

Shot in the Head, a Sister's Memoir, a Brother's Struggle. My book was published by Bridgeross - a small publisher who has published several books by or about people with SMI.

Best of luck to you.

message 3: by Stephanie (last edited Oct 19, 2017 12:31PM) (new)

Stephanie Allen (stephanieanneallen) | 30 comments Wow! I am extremely sad that this happened to you, your brother, and your entire family. My book may be able to give you some insight into what a mentally ill person goes through. I would love to read your book also. I will add it. God bless you for having the strength to write a book from the family's perspective. I wish you continued success with your book. When was it published?

message 4: by Katherine (last edited Oct 17, 2017 01:24PM) (new)

Katherine Dering | 6 comments The book was published in 2014. This is me reading from a chapter about how the state psychiatric people abandoned the ones who were the sickest. They were tossed out of the hospitals, and then not given the community care they needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk2ba...

message 5: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Allen (stephanieanneallen) | 30 comments Awesome! Good work!

message 6: by Karen (new)

Karen Braysher | 3 comments Hi Katherine

My book may help you , it's called Beaten but Unbowed Waking from the nightmare of abuse. I have bipolar.

If you are interested I have two codes to give away for the audio book in return for a review on audio.com if that is not for you then you can get paperback or download.

Best wishes
Karen

message 7: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Allen (stephanieanneallen) | 30 comments Hello Karen. I would love to read and review ur book! ❤😀