UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Agony Aunt > Induction Hob

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ✿Claire✿ (new)

✿Claire✿ (clairelm) | 3055 comments Does anyone have any experience of an induction hob? I've got an electric one I'm not a fan of, I'd love a gas one but that'll involve ripping up the kitchen to get it in. Induction seems to be quite responsive and easy to use, and I've found some reasonably priced pans that would work but I'm not sure whether it would be any good.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments If you don't mind cleaning your cooker every two minutes, induction is fine.
Personally, I'd not have it if it was free.

Michael Cargill Cargill (michaelcargill) | 2998 comments Induction should be easier to clean, surely.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments They show every speck of dirt and smudge.

message 5: by DebsD (new)

DebsD | 13 comments I'm trying to understand why they would show dirt more than a ceramic hob - I'd have thought they'd be better in that way because spilled food wouldn't "cook" on the surface, so easier to wipe off. Am I missing something?

Michael Cargill Cargill (michaelcargill) | 2998 comments It's just Patti being house proud.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments It's Patti constantly having to clean her motherinlaws cooker back when we'd stay with Dave's parents.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I also really dislike glass topped tables.

message 9: by Patsy (new)

Patsy Collins | 180 comments No experience of induction hobs. We have a ceramic hob. It's very easy to use and clean and doesn't require special pans. I 'm very happy with it.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments If you can't do a gas hob, I'd go for ceramic.