The Not a Book Club Club discussion

The Book of Swords
This topic is about The Book of Swords
Anthologies > BoS: Her Father's Sword by Robin Hobb

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Bill | 1596 comments Discuss the story Her Father's Sword by Robin Hobb.

No spoiler tags required. Though it would be highly appreciated if you Uncheck Add to my Update Feed to avoid accidentally spoiling this for your good read friends.

Please do not discuss other stories in this thread.

Bill | 1596 comments Really enjoyed this story. I liked getting to see the perspective of someone related to one of the Forged Ones. I could see someone other than Hobb making this a story where the people listen to Fitz and make a heroic and tragic stand against their former family members. Loved how she presented many different reactions and their consequences. I would really like to follow Taura’s Story more and see how her decision plays out.

message 3: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rob (robzak) | 6373 comments Mod
I liked the story, but man it was bleak. Of course that's not unusual for Hobb. I kept hoping Taura would come to her senses.

The highlight for me was Fitz. The villagers not listening to him didn't surprise me at all.

I can't see Taura's decision ending well.

Ctgt | 629 comments I wasn't sure if I would like Hobb in a short story setting but it worked for me. I really liked the way it ended and I'm with you Bill, would be nice to see how things worked out(or not).