What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Unexpected pregnancy from one night stand

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carissa (new)

Carissa | 135 comments AGE: A or NA (I do enjoy a bit of steam)
GENRE: Romance
WRITTEN: 1990-present
HEROINE: Any sort of heroine is ok but I really dislike whiny heroines. It would also be nice if she had a backbone, and wasn't wholly dependent on the Hero or TSTL.
HERO: Not fussed, but I do not like heros who are supposed to appear alpha but really are just abusive.

PLOT: I know it's quite specific and there may be no books like this but bear with me.
I'm looking for a book where the heroine gets pregnant from a one night stand (early on in the book) and when she contacts said one night stand discovers he is in a position of high power e.g mafia member, CEO etc.

I'd like for the book to have an average rating above 4, but if you believe the book to be great don't let that dissuade you from suggesting it. I'd also like the book to be a stand alone or the first in a series.

Thanks for reading.

I would be grateful for suggestions.

- C -

message 2: by Joseph (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 441 comments Reinventing Ruby by Deborah Blake might work for you.

message 3: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 4985 comments Words of Silk (1984, sorry if that's too early)

message 4: by Carissa (new)

Carissa | 135 comments Rosa wrote: "Words of Silk (1984, sorry if that's too early)"

Joseph wrote: "Reinventing Ruby by Deborah Blake might work for you."

thanks

message 5: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Oct 15, 2017 05:45PM) (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
Unexpected in this book the h is a high priced mercenary whom the H has hired to help rescue his brother. Various hijinks ensue, ending with the h pregnant and the H having to hunt her down. I really do like this author, btw, she's never had a whiny, tstl h in any of the books that I've read.

message 6: by Carissa (new)

Carissa | 135 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "Unexpected in this book the h is a high priced mercenary whom the H has hired to help rescue his brother. Various hijinks ensue, ending with the h pregnant and the H having to hunt he..."

thank you

message 8: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizberry) | 61 comments This one is much older, but the heroine takes charge of her future and the hero is never abusive. Joan Wolf Belived stranger. Hero is a star pitcher for the NY Yankees and heroine is a college senior.

message 9: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizberry) | 61 comments Should be Beloved.

message 10: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 4985 comments Beloved Stranger for Liz's suggestion.

message 11: by Carissa (new)

Carissa | 135 comments Rosa wrote: "Beloved Stranger for Liz's suggestion."

Liz wrote: "Should be Beloved."

Liz wrote: "This one is much older, but the heroine takes charge of her future and the hero is never abusive. Joan Wolf Belived stranger. Hero is a star pitcher for the NY Yankees and heroine is a college senior."

kelgar01 wrote: "The Pregnancy Test by Erin McCarthy"

Thanks guys !

message 13: by Carissa (new)

Carissa | 135 comments Anabell wrote: "Undeniably Yours"

Thank you

message 15: by Carissa (new)

Carissa | 135 comments ☯ DαякєηRнαℓ ❛ ᶜʳᵒᵘᶜʰᶤᶰᵍ ʰᵘᵐᵃᶰ ; ʰᶤᵈᵈᵉᶰ ᵗᶤᵗᵃᶰ ❜ wrote: "This Heart of Mine (Chicago Stars, #5) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips"

Thanks

message 17: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
Mommy by Mistake (Was searching my book list for something else and came across that, so thought I'd throw it out there.)

message 18: by Carissa (new)

Carissa | 135 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "Mommy by Mistake (Was searching my book list for something else and came across that, so thought I'd throw it out there.)"

thanks

The Reading Raccoon (readingraccoon) | 145 comments It’s been years since I read it but I remember being obsessed with Separate Beds

message 20: by Carissa (new)

Carissa | 135 comments Tricia wrote: "It’s been years since I read it but I remember being obsessed with Separate Beds"

thank you

message 21: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

message 22: by ☘ Lily (new)

☘ Lily ☘ (lilyreadsromance) | 98 comments Dedicated Ink The hero in this one isn't someone in the high position like you want though, but this is really a feel-good romance for me and I really like it... so, yeah. (He's a cop though.)

message 23: by Carissa (new)

Carissa | 135 comments ☘ Lily wrote: "Dedicated Ink The hero in this one isn't someone in the high position like you want though, but this is really a feel-good romance for me and I really like it... so, yeah. (He's a c..."

Thanks

message 24: by MJ (new)

MJ | 1340 comments Dragons Lair by Chantelle Fernando(?)

message 25: by Carissa (new)

Carissa | 135 comments MJ wrote: "Dragons Lair by Chantelle Fernando(?)"

Thank you

message 27: by Carissa (new)

Carissa | 135 comments Amelia wrote: "Young Jane Young
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3..."

Thanks

message 28: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 44 comments Nobody's Baby But Mine. Heroine gets pregnant on purpose, but never intends for the father to find out. Nobody's Baby But Mine

message 29: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 44 comments The Cad and the Co-Ed. Rugby hero is drunk and doesn't remember the heroine in the morning. She keeps him in the dark for almost 5 years. The Cad and the Co-Ed

message 30: by Carissa (new)

Carissa | 135 comments Sharlene wrote: "The Cad and the Co-Ed. Rugby hero is drunk and doesn't remember the heroine in the morning. She keeps him in the dark for almost 5 years. The Cad and the Co-Ed"

Thank you for both the recommendations