What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > 80s or 90s era children's set of alphabet books, where child fills a box with items starting with each letter of the alphabet

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jemma (new)

Jemma (jcpollari) | 11 comments I'm trying to find the name of a book set I had as a child. Each book was a different child who had a box, and they went through the book finding things to put in the box. E.g in the "A" book the kid put an alligator, an axe, etc in the box... In the "Z" book a different kid with a different box put a zebra in his box... And so on. There were 26 books in the set. Each child was different and each box looked different too. It followed a repetitive pattern something like "This is Bill. Bill has a box. Bill wants to fill his box." it was an American series I think, because I remember my mum going and adding "e" to the end of "axe" in the "A" book so that it was spelt the Australian way. Hope someone can help because I loved those damn books :D

message 2: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Immitt | 11 comments Those are the My First Steps to Reading books by Jane Belk Moncure. They are out of print, but you can find them on Amazon or Ebay for sale. I usually find them for my daughter at thrift stores, too. There are a couple different versions, so pay close attention to the photos of the ones you are ordering to make sure you get the ones you want. The reprint in the early 2000s has different illustrations from the originals.

message 3: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 4977 comments Jane Belk Moncure for her author page.

message 4: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16051 comments Looks like My "a" Book is the first in the series.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

My "a" Book (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jane Belk Moncure (other topics)