Lovers of Paranormal discussion

Hollowbrook Haunting
This topic is about Hollowbrook Haunting
OPEN R2R Read-to-Review > R2R: Hollowbrook Haunting: A Gothic Ghost Story

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Amanda Clay (amandajclay) | 12 comments Hello readers! I would love to share 10 copies of my just released book, Hollowbrook Haunting. It is a Gothic ghost story with a touch of romance.

Thank you!

Here are some specs:

Length: 160 print pages
Heat level: Pretty mild
Tone: Spooky, "classic" Gothic tone

Synopsis:

Virginia Colony, 1763. A murder in the woods. A woman accused.
Following his discharge from the bloody French and Indian Wars, Dr. Ellis Swift is commissioned to treat a young woman suffering from a mysterious mental ailment in the small hamlet of Hollowbrook, Virginia. Some say Penelope Braye is a a witch, some say she’s possessed by the devil, some say she’s mad. But everyone in the village can agree, Penny has a connection to a series of murders in the haunted Hollowbrook woods.

As a man of learning, Ellis doesn't subscribe to the small-town legends about ghost and witchcraft. But as Halloween approaches and evil creeps into the village, it's clear that there is something dark at work in the woods. And Penny's past might be the key to solving the mystery.

Ramona Plant | 379 comments I would like to review this book. Please send a mobi file to ramona_p@hotmail.com.
Thanks,
Ramona

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Done....loved it...reviews done Goodreads, Amazon.ca and Amazon.com

Amanda Clay (amandajclay) | 12 comments annemarie_bookaholic wrote: "Done....loved it...reviews done Goodreads, Amazon.ca and Amazon.com"

Thank you, Annemarie! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. :)

message 5: by Susie (last edited Oct 20, 2017 10:57AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Susie | 4 comments You get enough volunteers? If not, I will too.
Grannielucas@yahoo.com

Susie | 4 comments Susie wrote: "You get enough volunteers? If not, I will too.
Grannielucas@yahoo.com"

I love the synopsis for your book!

Amanda Clay (amandajclay) | 12 comments Susie wrote: "Susie wrote: "You get enough volunteers? If not, I will too.
Grannielucas@yahoo.com"

I love the synopsis for your book!"

Hi Susie! I'm happy to send you a copy. Thank you for your interest! I'll send a Kindle version over right away. Cheers!

Susie | 4 comments I read your awesome book already this morning. This is an honest opinion from me. I could not stop reading it. I had to find out what happened. I found the “two” endings were completely unpredictable. The historic writing was just enough to put me right in that time period without wondering if that is something that is documented (like a battle), I was there with them. The ghostly part was perfect, not over the top paranormal ability that readers know isn’t real. Your characters were not static but kept readers moving and thinking with them. The side characters as I call them were placed and said just enough to fit right into the book. I guess you can tell it was great to me. If I need to answer any questions for you, just ask.

Amanda Clay (amandajclay) | 12 comments Susie wrote: "I read your awesome book already this morning. This is an honest opinion from me. I could not stop reading it. I had to find out what happened. I found the “two” endings were completely unpredictab..."

That's so great, Susie! I'm so thrilled you enjoyed the book! It was really fun to write a spooky ghost story. :) Would you mind doing me a huge favor and posting your awesome review on the book page? That would be really helpful Thank you so much! Happy Halloween!

message 10: by Jina (new)

Jina Gibbs I would love to read and review your book. My email is jinamichelle1969@hotmail.com
Thanks for doing this. I wish more authors would so that reading comes back in popularity. Illiteracy is very common here amoungest our teens and twenties.
Sincerely
Jina Gibbs

Amanda Clay (amandajclay) | 12 comments Jina wrote: "I would love to read and review your book. My email is jinamichelle1969@hotmail.com
Thanks for doing this. I wish more authors would so that reading comes back in popularity. Illiteracy is very co..."

Thanks, Jina! I've just sent you an email.

Kavita Kumar-Karthik (booklovingcrab) | 31 comments Kindly send a mobi copy to kavi_cancer@yahoo.co.in.

I love me some murder mystery !

Amanda Clay (amandajclay) | 12 comments Kavita wrote: "Kindly send a mobi copy to kavi_cancer@yahoo.co.in.

I love me some murder mystery !"

Just sent you an email. Thanks! :)

Susie | 4 comments Yes I will Amanda, post on the book page.

Amanda Clay (amandajclay) | 12 comments Susie wrote: "Yes I will Amanda, post on the book page."

Thank you! :)

message 16: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Coleman | 7 comments If you still need reviews I would be happy to read and review!

Amanda Clay (amandajclay) | 12 comments Michelle wrote: "If you still need reviews I would be happy to read and review!"

Hi Michelle. I can always use one more! :) Let me know what email to send it to. Thanks!

message 18: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Coleman | 7 comments michellecoleman101210@gmail.com :)

Amanda Clay (amandajclay) | 12 comments Michelle wrote: "michellecoleman101210@gmail.com :)"

Sorry for the delay. I've just sent you an email. Thanks!

Amanda Clay (amandajclay) | 12 comments Kavita wrote: "My review : https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-re...

Thanks for the opportunity !"

You're welcome! Thanks for reviewing!

message 22: by Kenneth (new)

Kenneth Buff | 20 comments Amanda wrote: "Hello readers! I would love to share 10 copies of my just released book, Hollowbrook Haunting. It is a Gothic ghost story with a touch of romance.

Thank you!

Here are some specs:

Length: 160 pr..."

I'd like to read it if you're still looking for reviews.

Amanda Clay (amandajclay) | 12 comments Hi Kenneth! I'd love to send you a review copy. Please let me know where I can send it and if you prefer mobi, PDF or Epub. Thanks!

Amanda

message 24: by Kenneth (new)

Kenneth Buff | 20 comments Mobi please. Email is: Kenneth.hugh.buff@gmail.com

message 25: by Jenn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenn | 407 comments Hi Amanda, if you have any more copies available I would love to read and review this book. my email is jnnfrcuce43@gmail.com and a PDF version please.

message 26: by Jenn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenn | 407 comments I got the book, thank you!

message 27: by Jenn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenn | 407 comments I finished book and my review is posted here on GR. I just got a new phone and I’m not sure yet how to copy and attach link yet.

Amanda Clay (amandajclay) | 12 comments Jenn wrote: "I finished book and my review is posted here on GR. I just got a new phone and I’m not sure yet how to copy and attach link yet."

Thank you!