Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Phoenix Island

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mark (new)

Mark Shepard (markshep) | 3 comments Hi. I am the editor of the Islander Press editions of Charlotte Paul's book Phoenix Island, and I'm listed that way on some of those editions on Goodreads but not on others. I would like to be listed on all the ones from Islander Press so I can edit these listings, since Charlotte Paul herself is long deceased. Please add me as "Editor" to ASIN B01MF53ARR and ISBN 9780989864909.

Also, the edition shown as primary is no longer available. Since I do not have the capability of changing this myself, please change the primary edition to ISBN 9780989864916.

Thanks! If you need verification, please visit the Islander Press site at

http://www.islanderpress.com

Mark

message 2: by Mark (new)

Mark Shepard (markshep) | 3 comments Tim... Splaining wrote: "It appears these are fictional books and Goodreads does not allow Editor credits for fiction novels. I will not be able to add you to those books and will have to remove you from ones you are liste..."

Tim, my designation as editor was added because I made significant edits to the book long after the author was deceased (with the permission of her heirs), and it was necessary to alert people that this was NOT the text exactly as supervised and approved by the original author. In other words, it was added in response to complaints by customers, to distinguish it from the earlier editions. So, even though I understand and agree that editors should NORMALLY not be listed for fiction, you are degrading the listing in this case.

Mark