Beta Reader Group discussion

Any pilot betas/CPs out there?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ChessPawn (new)

ChessPawn | 140 comments Hello!

I am looking for any readers/writers/cps/betas who have experience as aeroplane pilots!

Why do I ask? My current manuscript is a historical fiction novel about a pilot in the Polish Air Force during WWII. (I can give you a longer summary if you think you might be interested.)

I am looking for not only some technical help/feedback about the flight sequences, but your overall thoughts about the book, the way my protanogist's flying is impacted by his injuries later in the story, things like that which are sometimes hard to research.

Unfortunately, I have only very limited experience as a student pilot, and am hoping to get some feedback from people that know a little more than I do. I'm not picky about what specific sort of experience/certificate you have.

I know there is quite a bit of difference between WWII era planes (for those that are interested my pilots are flying mostly PZL P11s and Hawker Hurricanes) and modern planes. But to an extent, there will be a lot that has remained unchanged.

Any tips about how to find CPs or readers with a particular area of knowledge are also helpful. Has anyone else had this problem? How have you gone about it?

Thanks, hope to hear from you!

Anna

message 2: by Lora (new)

Lora | 19 comments Hi Anna,

I am a private pilot and my husband is a professional pilot. Aviation is our passion, especially vintage airplanes and warbirds. Our dream is to have a WWII plane one day. We have a little experience flying American WWII trainers. I'd love to help! What is the word count for your book?

Thanks,

Lora

message 3: by ChessPawn (new)

ChessPawn | 140 comments Lora wrote: "Hi Anna,

I am a private pilot and my husband is a professional pilot. Aviation is our passion, especially vintage airplanes and warbirds. Our dream is to have a WWII plane one day. We have a littl..."

Hi Lora!
First, I'm sorry for the late reply. If you are still interested, I would love to get your feedback on my manuscript.
I've received a few pointers from a fellow at a flight museum I contacted, and I'd like to make some edits, then see how well I was able to fix my problematic sections. If it's alright with you, would you be open to reading in about a month, when I've had the time to make these edits? This would be immensely helpful for me, because it would give me the chance to see what I still need to fix.
The manuscript is a little over 100K.

Thank you so much!
You can also email me at AWCardiff @ gmail.com