Cozy Mysteries discussion

Find a book or series > Coffee shop cozy?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jess (new)

Jess | 2 comments Hey everyone. I'm looking for some cozies that have the occupation taking place at a coffee shop, or cafe/book store.

Thanks!

message 2: by Karen (new)

Karen (2noelle) | 57 comments Cleo Coyle writes the coffeehouse mystery cozies and I love them.

message 3: by Nell (new)

Nell | 1172 comments I agree about Cleo Coyle's Coffeehouse mysteries. The first one is On What Grounds

For café/bookstore, the Read 'Em and Eat series by Terrie Farley Moran is good - Well Read, Then Dead

message 4: by PugMom (new)

PugMom (nicoleg76) | 122 comments Caroline Fardig's Java Jive series. Very humorous and feisty characters!

message 5: by PugMom (last edited Oct 14, 2017 06:15AM) (new)

PugMom (nicoleg76) | 122 comments Tanya Kappes also has a series starting with Scene of the Grind.

message 6: by Paula (new)

Paula S (paula_s) | 64 comments Cappuccinos, Cupcakes, and a Corpse (Cape Bay Cafe Mystery, #1) by Harper Lin is set in a café.

message 8: by Patti (new)

Patti Smith | 21 comments I agree about Cleo Coyle's books. When I read them and she describes her coffee, I just want to drink coffee all day. They are very good books.

message 9: by Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (last edited Oct 27, 2017 08:23AM) (new)

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) I agree on Cleo Coyle's books - great stuff. Read the first four or five, need to get the rest of the series. Also some of her recipes look so good, the brownie espresso recipe with walnut topping ended up delicious. People love them.

I didn't read the rest of this series yet because it was an ARC but this was SUCH a fun book:

Murder on the Orient Espresso (Maggy Thorsen Mystery #8) by Sandra Balzo

This is also pretty cute

Uncommon Grounds (Maggy Thorsen Mystery #1) by Sandra Balzo

message 10: by Juanita (new)

Juanita (jwilson1152) I had read all of them up until the last one. The main characters took off to Washington DC where Mike was on special assignment for the government and they get abducted..........stopped there.
What has this got to do with the coffee house, all the staff, the ex and other drama all centered there in SoHo. No getting too far off the books that I so enjoyed.

message 11: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 258 comments Death Before Decaf (A Java Jive Mystery, #1) by Caroline Fardig Death Before Decaf by Caroline Fardig is the first book in the Java Jive Series which is totally fantastic.

message 12: by Betty (new)

Betty (bettylouise54) | 582 comments The Java Jive series is great. I read them in one setting.

message 13: by Paula (new)

Paula Adams (goodreadscompadams57) | 39740 comments I enjoyed the Java Jive series also. Reviewed 2 of them for NetGalley but keep reading as I like them.

message 14: by Nina (last edited Nov 07, 2017 07:41AM) (new)

Nina Silva (ninadsilva) | 16 comments So happy I found this chat. I really enjoy coffee shop and bakery cozies. Java Jive added to my list.

message 15: by Julesy (new)

Julesy | 1337 comments There is also the Maggy Thorsen series by Sandra Balzo. I have not read anything by her but she is on my list. The same with Alex EricksonAlex Erickson, that Hilary mentioned, who writes the Bookstore Cafe mystery series. Both authors have their cozies available on audio so I've added them to my list!