Play Book Tag discussion

I See Rude People
This topic is about I See Rude People
October 2017: Society > I See Rude People / Amy Alkon. 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

LibraryCin | 8617 comments There is a long subtitle to this one, which pretty much says it all: “One woman’s battle to beat some manners into impolite society”. The author is a blogger and has an advice column. She is quite outspoken when it comes to people being rude. There are chapters on people talking loudly on their cell phones (one of my pet peeves!), parents who don’t parent, telemarketers, and more.

I really enjoyed this. There was plenty of humour and I applaud her for standing up to some of these people! She goes to extremes in some cases (like with the telemarketers… or hunting down the guy who stole her car, and trying to hunt down whoever stole her identity), but good for her!

message 2: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6543 comments LibraryCin wrote: "There is a long subtitle to this one, which pretty much says it all: “One woman’s battle to beat some manners into impolite society”. The author is a blogger and has an advice column. She is quite ..."

Ok, this sounds seriously funny! I love the title. And I definitely have some pet peeves of my own in this regard.

LibraryCin | 8617 comments I hope you like it, if you decide to give it a try. Humour can be tricky and so subjective!

It certainly fit the "society" tag very well. :-)