Polls for Our Souls discussion

Book Chat > Fictional home you'd like to live in?

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erin (new)

Erin (erinfwong) | 89 comments Hi guys! I think the fictional home I'd like to live in would be The Burrow . It's got lots of floors (anyone know how many, I think it's around 6, not sure), magic, it's cozy, and I love Harry Potter!

message 2: by erin (new)

erin (eem454) | 2 comments I'd want to live in one of the institutes in Cassandra Clare's Shadowhunter books. I love the history of them, and I think it'd be pretty cool to have a dedicated library (and a training room)!(:

Sunny ✨wordslikefury✨ (sunnysbooks) | 45 comments I think I’d wanna live along Hogsmeade from Harry Potter. I’d wanna have one of those balcony apartments so I can sit on it and watch people (I swear not in a creepy way) stroll along the streets enjoying their day. I like noisy and busy places! And Hogsmeade is where people go to have fun.

I’d also wanna live in Rhys’s home in Velaris. Walking down those streets would make a fun night life.

But mostly Hogsmeade...because DUH.

message 4: by ellie (new)

ellie (hugvvarts) | 44 comments Hogwarts, obviously!!! I remember Dumbledore mentioning that Tom Riddle was allowed to stay during the summer bc he had no home to back to? So I’d just stay in hogwarts forever. you have sooo much to explore and magic to look at, secret passageways and things like the room of requirement and magical portraits to discuss their lives with... and I’d love to drink hot chocolate by the fireplace. As a ravenclaw, I think I could spend eternity among the comfy cushions all over our common room reading books from the giant bookshelves. And when you finish a book, you can look up and see constellations on the ceiling and just marvel at it all for awhile. I have a lot of love for hogwarts, ok?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Carmel from The mediator. Its sunny northern california, so its sunny, it has a rich place, hot ghosts+++

message 6: by Dani (new)

Dani love | 29 comments Eve’s house from the In Death series

message 7: by Irfken (new)

Irfken | 40 comments Bilbo's Hobbit-hole in The Shire, Bag End. Valancy's Blue Castle in The Blue Castle also sounds wonderful.

⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) | 624 comments @Ryn A shadowhunter institute would be amazing (but one as described in the books, not as advanced as in the tv show). Ohh and Hogwarts of course. Who wouldn't want to live there?!

message 9: by annesofie (new)

annesofie (ananasofie) | 204 comments hogwarts

message 10: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 58 comments Imladris with Elrond & co, please. With regular visits to Hobbiton and Thranduil's Halls.

message 11: by levanaxc (new)

levanaxc | 5 comments Definitely Hogwarts (because who wouldn't), the London Institute for Shadowhunters, Velaris since Rhys is bae and the squad is perfection... There's so many other places too. :D

Taylor of Alethkar ❦ (aboutfandoms) | 13 comments Velaris no hesitation. But also Hogwarts ... just maybe not during Harry Potter's years lol

message 13: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (tudorgal18) | 4 comments Pemberly, most definitely. :)

message 14: by elena ⚢ (new)

elena ⚢ (elenavhaps) | 39 comments i'd definitely choose hogwarts, but since that answer is obvious, i'd also happily live in the Every Heart a Doorway world. it just seems so magical and the feeling of it makes me super happy & that book overall is just so intriguing, especially the different portals and alternate realities. so cool.

message 15: by ☆ Franzi ☆ (new)

☆ Franzi  ☆ (meowcifer) | 17 comments Velaris would be my first choice. I just imagine it to be such a beautiful, magical place ♥
Second one would be the Southern Continent, maybe Antica.

message 16: by Melliott (new)

Melliott (goodreadscommelliott) | 421 comments I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree,
And a small cabin build there, of clay and wattles made:
Nine bean-rows will I have there, a hive for the honey-bee;
And live alone in the bee-loud glade.

And I shall have some peace there, for peace comes dropping
slow,
Dropping from the veils of the morning to where the cricket
sings;
There midnight’s all a glimmer, and noon a purple glow,
And evening full of the linnet’s wings.

I will arise and go now, for always night and day
I hear lake water lapping with low sounds by the shore;
While I stand on the roadway, or on the pavements grey,
I hear it in the deep heart’s core.

The Lake Isle of Innisfree, W. B. Yeats

message 17: by Bailey (new)

Bailey Eilers I would LOVE to live in Narnia

message 18: by Bailey (new)

Bailey Eilers I would LOVE to live in Narnia

message 19: by natalia (new)

natalia | 88 comments I would love to live in the London Institute from Clockwork Angel. Maybe I'll get to see Jessamine and George.

message 20: by Melliott (new)

Melliott (goodreadscommelliott) | 421 comments Manderley, for sure, from Rebecca, but only if it came equipped with the cook, and with the butler Frith to bring in afternoon tea at 4:30

Mary Lindsay's house from Elizabeth Goudge's book The Scent of Water

The house from China Court, by Rumer Godden

The book barge from The Little Paris Bookshop, by Nina George

message 21: by natalia (new)

natalia | 88 comments Also I wold love to live in New Orleans which is the setting of the Ruined duology.

message 22: by Catarina (new)

Catarina Narnia because I really want to know what goes on inside the mind of a beaver.

message 23: by Andreas (new)

Andreas Aristodemou (andreasaristodemou) | 92 comments 300 Fox Way from Raven boys

message 24: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (romeowyn) | 44 comments Strangely enough, the Weasley's House from the Harry Potter series or Jericho's bookshop for the Fever series. Maybe because it's in the seedy part of Dublin.

message 25: by Erin (new)

Erin (erinfwong) | 89 comments Ryn wrote: "I'd want to live in one of the institutes in Cassandra Clare's Shadowhunter books. I love the history of them, and I think it'd be pretty cool to have a dedicated library (and a training room)!(:"

I am reading those series right now (i know it's kinda late) but I completely agree - it would be absolutely mad to be able to live in such a magical place!

message 26: by Karan (new)

Karan Panpaliya Who are we kidding? Of course Hogwarts!!

message 27: by Ninosy (new)

Ninosy  (Wonder Woman) (ninosy__abd) Ketterdam...or Red London...

Aiden (The Book Scourge) | 141 comments Red London or Fantasia.

message 29: by Esther (new)

Esther Jackson (ejjackson) I would love to live in Hogwarts but also in the grishaverse

message 30: by elenaj450 (new)

elenaj450 (thealmightytatertot) | 23 comments Is love to live in Hogwarts, Camp Half-Blood, Camp Jupiter, or on Luna.

message 31: by Eman (new)

Eman Ahmed | 13 comments almost every place in harry potter
district 13 in hunger games( mockingjay)
inkworld (inkheart)
narnia
i cant count more.....

message 32: by Kristen (new)

Kristen  (kiwicanread) | 60 comments I wanna live in Bag End from LOTR. Or any hobbit hole, really.

message 33: by S (new)

S (ska9) | 2 comments 'district 13'????!!!
really,Tazanna. I thought no one would everyone would ever want to go there.guess I was wrong

message 34: by Melliott (new)

Melliott (goodreadscommelliott) | 421 comments Jasmine wrote: "'district 13'????!!!
really,Tazanna. I thought no one would everyone would ever want to go there.guess I was wrong"

Well, the fashion is pretty cool. But otherwise? Hmmm.