What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Young boy kidnapped, suspect is large mentally challenged guy who has computers in garage in barn. Possibly female detective, in rural northwest USA 1990s

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tony (new)

Tony Sam | 2 comments Hi, and thanks in advance for your help. I'll get right to the book. A young boy is kidnapped. The primary suspect is originally a very large guy who is mentally challenged and I believe he spent some time in prison. He has a bunch of computers in a garage or barn or something like that and if I remember correctly he attempted or succeeded in cutting his wrist, while in jail for questioning. That's pretty much all I remember as it was quite a while ago. I think it was around 600 pages, if my memory serves me correctly. TIA for any help you can give me on the title.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37803 comments Mod
Standalone or series? Where and when is it set?

message 3: by Tony (last edited Oct 13, 2017 03:27PM) (new)

Tony Sam | 2 comments standalone and i seem to remember lots of snow, i think north west usa and a woman detective. i know its not much to go on. im sorry for that the date would be early 90s. It took place in a rural area. I was just starting to get into reading (a lot) at that time, so I was reading about 10 books every month, but most were horror type novels, this was a refreshing change for me.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37803 comments Mod
Tony, are you still looking for this or did you find it?