THE Group for Authors! discussion

General Discussion > Author page

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kevin (new)

Kevin (kevinjkennedy) Can someone tell me if there is anyway to update which books show on your author page? The resaon I ask is I am in 20+ books and for some reason 2 that I never published but did assign a ISBN sit on my front page. I am in way more books with more reviews and that sell more and also have more people leaving stars or reviews. Can someone please explain why these two non-books still sit on my front page when getting no activity or how I am able to select the books that are getting attention?

reply | edit | delete | flag *

message 2: by Steven (new)

Steven (goodreadscomstevenkerry) | 138 comments I had the same issue for a long time. They told me it is based on which book gets the most ratings and reviews; in my case it was a published short story I had offered for free, and it was apparently the wrong choice as that story got the lowest ratings of all my other books! ) bummer... they finally changed it when I asked several times. Considering I had 2 other full length novels with far better reviews I couldn't for the life of me figure why I had to be perpetually identified with a single e-story (part of a collection) offered for free. I am now reluctant to offer any book or story for free as doing so hardly worked in my favor. It may be different with your situation; ask the goodreads librarians group instead of other writers here, they should be able to help you with that.

message 3: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (PamelaStAbbs) | 3 comments Hello. I have a problem with my Mary Bale page in that someone has posted two books that I have not written on it. How can this be corrected? Hope you can help

message 4: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 332 comments You should post links to the books that are not yours in the librarian group

https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/220

message 5: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Merrill (goodreadscomtamaramerrill) My facebook account has disappeared from my profile. When I go to HELP, it says; Profile>Account Settings>App Tab - which sounds simple but I can't find the app tab - help please. Thanks, T

message 6: by Jaclyn (last edited Oct 19, 2017 05:33AM) (new)

Jaclyn Woods (jaclyn_w) | 417 comments Kevin wrote: "Can someone tell me if there is anyway to update which books show on your author page?"

Kevin, if your books were never published, please email support (at) goodreads (dot) com. We'd be happy to consider removing these from your author page.

Pamela wrote: "Hello. I have a problem with my Mary Bale page in that someone has posted two books that I have not written on it. How can this be corrected? Hope you can help"

As Paula mentions above, it'll be best to post this request in the Librarians Group. Be sure to add links to your Mary Bale page, as well the books that are incorrectly listed.

Tamara wrote: "My facebook account has disappeared from my profile. When I go to HELP, it says; Profile>Account Settings>App Tab - which sounds simple but I can't find the app tab - help please. Thanks, T"

You can access your apps tab through this direct link. From there, scroll down to the Facebook section to connect your two accounts. In the future it's probably best to open a new thread if your question is different to that of the original post. 😊

message 7: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Merrill (goodreadscomtamaramerrill) Opps, sorry about that. I didn't realize I'd put my request in as a reply to someone else. Thanks for the response but I still can't get it to change from my personal facebook page to my author page. How do I change that?

message 8: by Jaclyn (new)

Jaclyn Woods (jaclyn_w) | 417 comments Tamara wrote: "Opps, sorry about that. I didn't realize I'd put my request in as a reply to someone else. Thanks for the response but I still can't get it to change from my personal facebook page to my author pag..."

No problem, I'm happy to help! To clarify, where do you want this Facebook profile to appear on your Goodreads page?

message 9: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Merrill (goodreadscomtamaramerrill) I jus want to change the Facebook account that the reviews I post go to. It seemed simple, I deleted the account that was there and typed in the new account but every time I try it , the reviews still go to the original account.

Last night someone suggested I try deleting the account and then waiting 48 hours before I put in the new one. So, I'm going to try that.

Thanks. T

message 10: by Jaclyn (new)

Jaclyn Woods (jaclyn_w) | 417 comments Thanks for clarifying! Unfortunately it's not possible to post your personal Goodreads activity directly to a Facebook fan page - I’m sorry about that. Instead, I'd recommend that you add a Goodreads tab to your fan page. You can find a step-by-step guide that details this process here.

If you have trouble with this, it could be best to email support (at) goodreads (dot) com so you can share links with us to your relevant personal pages. One of our Experts will be happy to help further!

message 11: by Tamara (last edited Oct 23, 2017 09:50AM) (new)

Tamara Merrill (goodreadscomtamaramerrill) Okay - thanks. I must say that's kind of a bad decision on Goodreads part - since authors use Goodreads as part of their marketing plan it only makes sense that we could post on our FB Author pages.

message 12: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (PamelaStAbbs) | 3 comments Hello
My Pamela St Abbs page is a bit of a muddle. Smoke Shadows links through on to amazon but Water Weal does not. I have tried to put the new edition on my author page but the Good reads site is apparently not letting me do it. I hope someone can help.
I would also like to put the new covers for the books on the page.
Has anyone managed to do this. Since updating my editions sales have dropped off due to th problem with the links. Is there an easy way to sort this?

message 13: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (PamelaStAbbs) | 3 comments Thanks again for all your help with my Mary Bale page. Support sorted the books listed. All looks good now.

message 14: by Shaun (new)

Shaun (sponting) | 101 comments Pamela wrote: "Thanks again for all your help with my Mary Bale page. Support sorted the books listed. All looks good now."

Hi Pamela, it's best to speak to our awesome librarians about this. Follow the link Jaclyn provided in message 6 to find them.