Star Wars Bookworms Book Club discussion

What book would you like to read next?

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aaron, Jedi Master (last edited Oct 13, 2017 11:03AM) (new)

Aaron Goins (avgoins) | 213 comments Mod
It's been a while since we have had an official book discussion here in the group. Which book would you guys like to tackle next?

Inferno Squad
Leia: Princess of Alderaan
Phasma

Give your opinion and we will start up the official discussion next week.

message 2: by Chad (new)

Chad | 30 comments Leia!

message 3: by Frank (new)

Frank O'Sullivan | 23 comments Phasma, as I'm currently reading it. Second choice would be Leia as that's next on my list.
I guess that leaves Inferno as number 3, although I haven't read Twilight Company yet, perhaps I should read that one first. #starwarscanonreadingorderdilemna

message 4: by Aaron, Jedi Master (new)

You can definitely read Inferno Squad without having read Twilight Company

message 5: by Geoffrey (new)

Geoffrey Payne (gpayne92) | 1 comments I'd say Inferno Squad since it's been out the longest. But any of them would be fantastic to discuss as far as I'm concerned!

message 6: by Bruce (new)

Bruce | 137 comments Phasma, because I'm reading it now. After this, I'll start reading Leia.

message 7: by Wolfgang (new)

Wolfgang | 1 comments From what I'm hearing, my interest level (ranked) is as follows:

1. Leia
2. Phasma
3. Inferno Squad

message 8: by Frank (new)

Frank O'Sullivan | 23 comments Cheers Aaron.
Although, I know I'm going to read Twilight Company first. 😀

message 9: by Aaron, Jedi Master (new)

Seemed to be pretty mixed, so I just went with the one that came out first. Head over to the Inferno Squad threads to discuss.

message 10: by Caleb (last edited Oct 17, 2017 12:01PM) (new)

Caleb Hobbick (chobbick) | 97 comments Read phasma. It’s real good but odd in some points (doesn’t make sense). Inferno squad is awesome! Bought battlefront 2. Leia is absolutely fantastic.

message 11: by Michael (new)

Michael Loki's wolf Cordial (thecosmicbookwolf) | 7 comments I just finished Thrawn, I'm now reading Rouge Squadron in the X wing series.

RJ - Slayer of Trolls (hawk5391yahoocom) Just curious: How do the group reads work? Are they monthly or just whenever a new book comes out? Also, do you ever go back and read the Legends books?

message 13: by Carlos (new)

Carlos Plancarte (carlosplancarte) | 1 comments Ahsoka, Thrawn and Phasma!

message 14: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Myers | 9 comments Inferno Squad for sure.

Leia next.

message 15: by Yazir (new)

Yazir Paredes (jazzpty) | 4 comments For me is Leia. and Ahsoka!!

message 16: by Matthew S. (new)

Matthew S. Zielinski (mattyz) | 8 comments Over the past few months I’ve finished:
Ahsoka
Thrawn
Inferno Squad
Leia
Legends of Luke
Phasma
And Certain Point of View
Nearly finished with Canto Bight.
I’ll be reading The Last Jedi novel next.
Happy to discuss any of these with the group!

message 17: by Frank (new)

Frank O'Sullivan | 23 comments Just started Brian Daley's Han Solo Adventures, in preparation for May 24th

message 18: by Ash (new)

Ash  | 11 comments Phasma just read Thrawn.

message 19: by Kev (new)

Kev (sporadicreviews) | 24 comments She did?

Sorry. I'll show myself out.

message 20: by Rob (new)

Rob | 4 comments I'm reading through the movie novelizations with some of the cannon books. I'm in Attack of The Clones and will read Dark Disciple after that. I'm hoping that Solo: A Star Wars Movie gets a novelization.

message 21: by Pete (new)

Pete (petehale) Last Shot and Canto Bight.

message 22: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Myers | 9 comments Rob wrote: "I'm reading through the movie novelizations with some of the cannon books. I'm in Attack of The Clones and will read Dark Disciple after that. I'm hoping that Solo: A Star Wars Movie gets a noveliz..."

Yes indeed! Out in September by Mur Lafferty...It will be another expanded edition like TLJ was.

message 23: by Pete (last edited Jul 18, 2018 02:18PM) (new)

Pete (petehale) Currently I have started Dark Disciple and Aftermath: Empire's End after its done.

message 24: by GodzillaGus (new)

GodzillaGus | 4 comments I'm getting through the Episode 1 adventure series. Working on number 5 now

message 25: by Pete (new)

Pete (petehale) I just finished Dark Disciple and am now reading Aftermath: Empire's End.

message 26: by Pete (new)

Pete (petehale) Randy wrote: "Just curious: How do the group reads work? Are they monthly or just whenever a new book comes out? Also, do you ever go back and read the Legends books?"

I don't really understand either. I just talk about any Star Wars books I read.

message 27: by Pete (last edited Jul 21, 2018 09:59AM) (new)

Pete (petehale) I plan to familiarize myself with the Clone Wars era because of the show's revival by reading stuff from the not-a-Clone-Wars-show-tie-in book series with books from Shatterpoint to Dark Rendezvous.