YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Finishing school series by Gail Carriger-starting Nov 10th

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Delitealex (last edited Oct 15, 2017 06:08PM) (new)

Delitealex | 5773 comments Tayla and Kelli are starting Etiquette & Espionage (Finishing School, #1) by Gail Carriger November 1st

We are starting with Curtsies & Conspiracies (Finishing School, #2) by Gail Carriger on Nov 10th

Does one need four fully grown foxgloves for decorating a dinner table for six guests? Or is it six foxgloves to kill four fully grown guests?

Sophronia's first year at Mademoiselle Geraldine's Finishing Academy for Young Ladies of Quality has certainly been rousing! For one thing, finishing school is training her to be a spy--won't Mumsy be surprised? Furthermore, Sophronia got mixed up in an intrigue over a stolen device and had a cheese pie thrown at her in a most horrid display of poor manners.

Now, as she sneaks around the dirigible school, eavesdropping on the teachers' quarters and making clandestine climbs to the ship's boiler room, she learns that there may be more to a field trip to London than is apparent at first. A conspiracy is afoot--one with dire implications for both supernaturals and humans. Sophronia must rely on her training to discover who is behind the dangerous plot-and survive the London Season with a full dance card.

In this sequel to New York Times bestselling Etiquette & Espionage, class is back in session with more petticoats and poison, tea trays and treason. Gail's distinctive voice, signature humor, and lush steampunk setting are sure to be the height of fashion this season.

Feel free to join us :)

message 2: by Tayla (new)

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) | 3093 comments I know you guys are starting with two but does anyone want to read one with me xD

message 3: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (kk00) | 712 comments @Tayla I’ll read book 1 with you!

message 4: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 5773 comments When did you plan to start book 1 so I can add the info to post 1

message 5: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (kk00) | 712 comments I’ll be good to start it right away November 1st!

message 6: by Tayla (new)

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) | 3093 comments I'll join when I can I guess lol

message 7: by Lucy (new)

Lucy | 1 comments Can I join you guys, Tayla and Kelli, on Nov 1st?

message 8: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (kk00) | 712 comments @Lucy
Definitely!!

message 9: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (mommy2gb) | 663 comments I'm getting started early on this. I borrowed it for last months challenge and never got to it, but only have it for a few more days.

message 10: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (mommy2gb) | 663 comments Etiquette & Espionage (Finishing School, #1) by Gail Carriger Lesson 4: I was quite confused in the beginning while trying to learn their world and what is part of it. Sophronia is so much like my yougest daughter - inquisitive to the point of frustration, tinkering and building all the time, and never content to settle for the easy outcome. (view spoiler)

message 11: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (kk00) | 712 comments Starting this tonight!

message 12: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (kk00) | 712 comments Etiquette and Espionage
Page 66 through lesson 4

(view spoiler)

message 13: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (kk00) | 712 comments Etiquette & Espionage
Page 138 Thru lesson 8

(view spoiler)

message 14: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 5773 comments I've read her other series which is in the same world but later timewise so I was familiar with some characters already. I really got a kick out of some of the names :) (view spoiler) Do any of you plan to read any of her other series that are set in this world?

message 15: by Kelli (new)

Page 260 thru lesson 15

(view spoiler)

message 16: by Kelli (new)

Finished

(view spoiler)

message 17: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 5773 comments Kelli I'm glad you enjoyed it :) I'm looking forward to book 2

message 18: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 5773 comments Anyone started book 2 yet? I'm finishing up what I'm reading now will probably start tomorrow.

message 19: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (kk00) | 712 comments Curtsies & Conspiracies
Pg 92 through the 5th test

(view spoiler)

message 20: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (kk00) | 712 comments Book 2
Page 184 through 10th test

(view spoiler)

message 21: by Kelli (new)

Page 226 through 12th test

(view spoiler)

message 22: by Kelli (new)

Finished

(view spoiler)

message 23: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 5773 comments Book 2
1-7th test

(view spoiler)

message 24: by Delitealex (new)

7-10th test

(view spoiler)

message 25: by Delitealex (new)

Finished
(view spoiler)

message 26: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 5773 comments I need a few days to finish a few books then I'll be ready to start book 3

message 27: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 5773 comments @Amanda did you ever get a chance to finish book 1?

message 28: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 5773 comments Anyone ready to read book 3?

message 29: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (kk00) | 712 comments Delitealex wrote: "Anyone ready to read book 3?"

Me!! I’ll be starting it today! 👍😁

message 30: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 5773 comments Did you get a chance to start book 3 Kelli Ive started on the audio loving the accents :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.