What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Splendid (The Splendid Trilogy, #1)
This topic is about Splendid
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Historical Romance: Starts with American h meeting English H during an incident while she was out for eggs. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jaye (new)

Jaye (anairhp) | 41 comments I read this ages ago - at least 5 years, and it wasn't new then.

What I know:
The heroine is from America and is staying with family (I feel like there is a female cousin she is close to) in England. At the beginning of the book, she leaves the house in a servant's dress to go pick up something from market (seriously feel like it was eggs) to help Cook. While out, there is an incident and she meets hero. He is, of course, awestruck (it IS a romance after all) but she leaves him to return home and he doesn't know who she is. They meet again later, when she is once again dressed as a lady. I cannot, for the life of me, remember anything else about the dratted book!

What I think:
I feel like this is part of a series. I think the incident involved horses or a carriage, that she does something heroic and that is what impresses him, and that she obtains a concussion in event.

Thank you!

Annamariah | 283 comments I think you are looking for Splendid by Julia Quinn.

message 3: by Jaye (new)

Jaye (anairhp) | 41 comments That sounds like it might be! Thank you!

Annamariah | 283 comments You're welcome :)

message 5: by Jaye (new)

Jaye (anairhp) | 41 comments Just finished it and it was totally the right book! Thank you again!!!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Splendid (other topics)