Beta / Proof Readers discussion

Beta Readers > Beta reading offered

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elena (last edited Oct 13, 2017 08:25AM) (new)

Elena | 7 comments Hi everyone,

I'm Elena, and I'm here to offer my beta-reading services. I teach English as a foreign language, write as a hobby (but aspire to get published one day), and beta read/edit for others.

My preferences for beta reading are more or less any sub-genres of fantasy, science fiction, and historical fiction. I can also read action/adventure, thrillers, suspense, YA, and romance (mostly if romance is not the only focus of the book). I have no problem reading most adult content and violence/gore, but would prefer to be warned about the extent of it. Due to my busy work schedule I'll be more readily available for shorter works, but if your really long book catches my interest, I'll do my best to find the time for it.

I'll be happy to help some of you through my feedback, and one day trade beta reading - when I'm ready to share some of my own writing.

message 2: by Niki (new)

Niki (nikipatel) | 4 comments Hi Elena!
I have a fantasy short story (less than 5000 words) and a prologue (657 words) that need a beta read/edit. The short has been beta read by four people already with good feedback. The prologue, recently written, is part of an epic YA fantasy (half of which already written and partially beta-read).

If the prologue interests you and you want to continue with the story, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Niki

message 3: by Elena (new)

Elena | 7 comments Hi Niki,

Feel free to send me a message with a bit more information, mostly on the deadlines and your expectations from me as a beta reader, and I hope we can arrange it!

Elena

message 4: by Mac252 (new)

Mac252 | 3 comments Hi Elena,

I am an Italian screenwriter and producer.
Back in Italy, I produced a weekly TV show for 5 years.
I grew up loving the unconventional poetic of European films and yet mesmerized by the power of American movies.
I wanted both.
Ego being what it is, a few years ago I moved to Southern California
My writing is not about fantasy, it is not about seduction.
It is about inner landscapes and blind spots.
I write movies I’d like to see, and I want movies to wake me up, not put me to sleep.
I have recently completed my second screenplay and I’m looking for someone who would help me proofread it.
I made it as perfect as I can, but there comes a time when a writer cannot correct himself.
Also, being a foreigner, there are fine points of the English language which I simply cannot perceive.
It would mean a lot to me if you would help me with this project.
I would be very appreciative of your time and expertise.
If you are interested, please send your e-mail to:

antoniomaccagnan@mail.com

So I'll be able to add you to the sharing list and send you a link for the screenplay in google docs.

Needless to say, I’m greatly anticipating your response.

Sincerely

Antonio

message 5: by Katrina (new)

Katrina Haney | 4 comments Hi Elena,

I am looking for beta readers for my new novel. It's definitely a sub-genre of fantasy, but more supernatural rather than magical. There is romance but romance is not the story. It contains elements of mystery and suspense, a future setting, parallel worlds, one of which is dystopian future Earth, the other is a normal future Earth. If this sounds interesting to you let me know and I'll send more details. I'm hoping to get some sample chapters up on site, but they aren't there yet. Hope to hear from you.

Regards,
Katrina Haney
Author of Blood Rage

message 6: by Elena (new)

Elena | 7 comments Hi Antonio,

Your work definitely sounds intriguing, but I'm afraid beta reading a screenplay is beyond my expertise. As the screenplay format is a lot different from that of a novel or a short story, the requirements are different as well. I believe someone with the experience of writing and/or beta reading screenplays will be of much more use to you than I ever could. I hope you find such people and turn your screenplay into the film you want it to be.

Good luck!

Elena

message 7: by Elena (new)

Elena | 7 comments Hi Katrina,

I could be interested in beta reading your novel - especially if I can take a look at some sample chapters first. There's the matter of timing/deadlines to consider though, as I already have projects that will occupy me throughout November and December 2017.

So if you're not in a hurry and you might still be looking for a beta reader by the end of 2017-beginning of 2018, feel free to send me a message, and I'll get back to you.

Regards,
Elena