What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

No Word for Good-bye
This topic is about No Word for Good-bye
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Novel on natives, a camera and catching thieves. [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Abhiroop (new)

Abhiroop De | 2 comments I do not remember when it was written or the author or the title. It is about a boy (or an young adult) who goes back his village where there is a habitation of indigenous people. He befriends a native boy of his age and they spend time boating and playing. He gets a box camera as a gift, and establishes a dark room in the village to develop his photographs. The two boys use that to take a photograph of two thieves. There is also a dispute over the area of land of the villagers and a legal dispute about the land not being theirs. So, one fine morning the boy wakes up and sees that the entire native population has moved away along with his friend, without a trace. Its a novel for young readers as far as I remember. Please help.

message 2: by Ayshe (last edited Oct 13, 2017 12:40AM) (new)

Ayshe | 4271 comments This is second profile named Abhiroop looking for that book: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

No Word for Good-bye by John Craig?

message 3: by Abhiroop (last edited Oct 13, 2017 01:08AM) (new)

Abhiroop De | 2 comments Ayshe wrote: "This is second profile named Abhiroop looking for that book: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...#..."

I do not know how to thank you enough Ayshe. I have been looking for this book since the last 6-7 years. I have put it up on several forums and more than once (as you have rightly pointed out). And finally, finally, I got the name. Thank you so so much. I do not know you, but I really hope we could meet someday so that I could express my joy and gratefulness to you. Lots of wishes from India. And once again, thank you! And thanks to the vibrant goodreads community! You do not know how much this means to me!

P.S. I see now that you had posted on that earlier too. But somehow it never showed on my mail and I am not a regular user of goodreads. Thanks nonetheless!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

No Word for Good-bye (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

John Craig (other topics)