Fangirl Fangirl discussion

Fangirl

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ann (new)

Ann Ragan I chose this book for two reasons. One, I heard that it is about a girl who is struggling to find herself in a new setting. Second, I heard amazing things about the book and many people enjoyed reading it. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell is about a introverted girl who is forced to move out and go to college even though she does not want to. She struggles with finding herself and continuing to do what she loves while also trying to grow as a person and impress and boy that she is very fond of. She questions herself and her motives a lot, but eventually figures out that the boy loves her for who she is, not matter how weird.
Personally, I loved this book and would recommend it to anyone. It reminds me a lot about my life and is very relatable. Even though I am not introverted, I still struggle to find myself and understand why I am who I am. I was kind of expecting this book to be sappy and annoying like some books made for teenage girls, but in the end I really did love it and would recommend it to someone who wants to read about a girl who is just trying to be herself in a world that does not completely accept that.

Betty Ann wrote: "I chose this book for two reasons. One, I heard that it is about a girl who is struggling to find herself in a new setting. Second, I heard amazing things about the book and many people enjoyed rea..."

I thought this was a great book as well! I chose to read this book because I really like Rainbow's writing style and how she portrays her characters. Most books are set in high school age and as I'm getting older, those books set in high school are becoming a little boring for me. Only because I know high school doesn't work that way and it's cliché. As for Rainbow's book, she had her character in college and it was so much more relatable for me.

I think this is a great book for those starting college since her feelings are going to be similar to a freshman starting college. College is about finding yourself and your interest and is able to express your flaws freely. I'm sure it will take more than your freshman year to find yourself.

Absolutely love this book and I would defiantly recommend this to someone else!

Sahiba Tandon I absolutely loved Fangirl!!! I read Eleanor and Park a couple of years ago, and the summer of that year I read Fangirl because it was by the same author, Rainbow Rowell! I fell in love! I only own Eleanor and Park but honestly I may like Fangirl even more! I really want to read Carry On, but I haven't found time to go to a library and read it or buy it.

Madelyn I just finished reading fan girl and i absolutely adored it because I felt like i could relate to the main character on so many levels. I actually read carry on first so I loved getting to hear more about Simon and Baz too!

message 5: by Eva (new)

Eva What age would you say this is appropriate for?

Madelyn Eva wrote: "What age would you say this is appropriate for?"
I would say that anyone from middle school on could read this book but I really enjoyed reading it as a high school senior because I could relate to the struggles of the main character

Sahiba Tandon i just reread fangirl today because i missed it and i just fell in love again. it has made my 2nd tier of favorite books.