Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Lord of the Flies
This topic is about Lord of the Flies
Book Cover Help > Update Cover

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Empress (new) - added it

Empress (the_empress) Looking into this .......

message 2: by Empress (new) - added it

Empress (the_empress) Reverted image changes your edition should be correct now.

Ace has been added here. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 3: by Empress (new) - added it

Empress (the_empress) Worldact says it has notes so it may well be an Education edition. No way to know. But if it was added after the change of the cover we can revert it. But what about page count and pub year?
here is the Worldcat entry for the ISBN. http://www.worldcat.org/title/lord-of...

message 4: by Empress (last edited Oct 13, 2017 07:45AM) (new) - added it

Empress (the_empress) Does it say education edition somewhere in the copy right page? Can you also confirm the publishing date and page count?

Tim, I think the page count can be set as 288 to include the notes.

message 5: by Empress (new) - added it

Empress (the_empress) Tim... Splaining wrote: "Yes, I would include the notes in page Count. Wasn’t sure on education edition aspect because it was prominent on yellow cover but not red cover that I saw."

I think it's okay to remove it until we have confirmation otherwise :)

message 6: by Empress (new) - added it

Empress (the_empress) Ah thanks for confirming Grabby. Much appreciated. :)

message 7: by Michael (new)

Michael Timmins | 7 comments My book has a generic goodreads book cover and I can't seem to figure out how to change it to the right one. "The Awakening: Part Two" Thanks

message 8: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments #12 - If you want us to do it let us know, but so that you know how.

For future reference you can add the cover to a book that is missing one as long as you are the Primary Author and there is no cover attached.
1) Goto the book page.
2) Click on the "edit details" link
3) Click the "Browse" button on the right hand side of the page to browse for the cover image.
4) Click the "upload photo" button.

message 9: by Empress (new) - added it

Empress (the_empress) #12 added cover, fixed edition format and added to series.

message 10: by Michael (new)

Michael Timmins | 7 comments Thank you. I appreciate the help. It's just that all of the other buttons are in bold, and the edit details is light in color I just completely overlooked it.

message 11: by Empress (new) - added it

Empress (the_empress) Michael wrote: "Thank you. I appreciate the help. It's just that all of the other buttons are in bold, and the edit details is light in color I just completely overlooked it."

No worries, It's not you. It's the website. Try to find the "flag" option anywhere! This site is made for people with 200% vision and I am half blind with glasses. I have it zoomed on 120% at all times and still struggle. On the other hand it does make the design look more clean/minimal.

I just went ahead because I noticed the format for the book was wrong. All ebooks that have ASIN's should be marked as kindle edition.