YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Half-Blood (Covenant, #1)
This topic is about Half-Blood
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Covenant Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout - Reading from ' Half-Blood (Covenant #1)' from October 5th 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 150 (150 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Andy | 14623 comments Starting with Book 1!

The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals, and the children of two Hematoi pure bloods have godlike powers. Children of Hematoi and mortals--well, not so much. Half-bloods only have two options: become trained Sentinels who hunt and kill daimons or become servants in the homes of the pures.

Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets, but she may end up slumming it anyway. There are several rules that students at the Covenant must follow. Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule #1:Relationships between pures and halfs are forbidden. Unfortunately, she's crushing hard on the totally hot pure-blood Aiden. But falling for Aiden isn't her biggest problem--staying alive long enough to graduate the Covenant and become a Sentinel is.

If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: being turned into a daimon, and being hunted by Aiden. And that would kind of suck.

Alaina (ameserole) Half-Blood (Covenant, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Chapter 5: (view spoiler)
Chapter 11: (view spoiler)
Chapter 15: (view spoiler)
Chapter 20: (view spoiler)
Finished: (view spoiler)

Andy | 14623 comments Yay!!!

Andy | 14623 comments The series definitely reminded me of VA a little bit, but they're not vampires lol.

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 5099 comments Mod
Andrea wrote: "The series definitely reminded me of VA a little bit, but they're not vampires lol."

I thought the exact same thing when I read this for the first time!

Also, I will be starting this series soon! Looking forward to rereading it :)

Alaina (ameserole) Andrea wrote: "The series definitely reminded me of VA a little bit, but they're not vampires lol."

haha I know that but the whole pure blood and half blood thing. I could've gone with harry potter too lol

Andy | 14623 comments Alaina wrote: "Andrea wrote: "The series definitely reminded me of VA a little bit, but they're not vampires lol."

haha I know that but the whole pure blood and half blood thing. I could've gone with harry potte..."

OOOOOO I should've thought of that since I just finished book 7

Andy | 14623 comments Jenn wrote: "Andrea wrote: "The series definitely reminded me of VA a little bit, but they're not vampires lol."

I thought the exact same thing when I read this for the first time!

Also, I will be starting th..."

Yay!

Alaina (ameserole) Pure (Covenant, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Chapter 7: (view spoiler)
Chapter 10: (view spoiler)
Chapter 15: (view spoiler)
Chapter 21: (view spoiler)

message 10: by Andy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Andy | 14623 comments Alaina wrote: "Pure (Covenant, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Chapter 7: [spoilers removed]
Chapter 10: [spoilers removed]
Chapter 15: [spoilers removed]
Chapter 21: [spoilers removed]
Finished: [spoilers removed]"

I remember the struggle of Aiden or Seth, but I don't remember (view spoiler)

Alaina (ameserole) Andrea wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Pure (Covenant, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

I r..."

I know she was mentioned in Chapter 9 and now I'm going back through this book so I can remember!! haah sorry I finished this last night and wrote these comments!!

Alaina (ameserole) Andrea wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Pure (Covenant, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

I r..."

Oracle is (view spoiler)

Alaina (ameserole) Deity (Covenant, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Chapter 5: (view spoiler)
Chapter 10: (view spoiler)

Alaina (ameserole) Chapter 18: (view spoiler)

message 15: by Andy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Andy | 14623 comments Man I should've reread this but I have no time with my upcoming ToG reread and exams :(

Alaina (ameserole) Chapter 25: (view spoiler)

Alaina (ameserole) Andrea wrote: "Man I should've reread this but I have no time with my upcoming ToG reread and exams :("

aww it's all good!! You can just like my comments lol

message 18: by Andy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Andy | 14623 comments Man I sort of remember this ending and I was just like shit shit shit!!!

Alaina (ameserole) Andrea wrote: "Man I sort of remember this ending and I was just like shit shit shit!!!"

I will never accept that ending. I NEED THE NEXT BOOK

message 20: by Andy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Andy | 14623 comments Yes!!!! you need it now. Or I suggest going online and reading the little prequel 3.5 before book four. It's from Aiden's perspective if I remember right!
Elixir (Covenant, #3.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Alaina (ameserole) Cnskcmdmkskdkfnfkci WHAT

message 22: by Andy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Andy | 14623 comments Yes!! I think I read it from Jennifer's website for free, you should check there first

Alaina (ameserole) I will definitely look it up when I get home. I just went to library to drop off the books that I’ve finished and I had like 7 more to pick up 😍😍 I’m being so smart getting my December books already

Alaina (ameserole) I JUST FOUND THE OTHER BOOKS IN THIS SERIES FOR FREE!! WHAT HAVE I BEEN DOING WITH THIS WHOLE WAITING GAME WITH THE LIBRARY!! I'm such a fool

message 25: by Andy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Andy | 14623 comments YAYYYYY IM SO HAPPY

Alaina (ameserole) I’ll probably finish this series tomorrow. So excited. And I’m going to finish the series beautiful creatures and the other series we are reading too! Maybe game of thrones but I’d have to read more tonight

message 27: by Andy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Andy | 14623 comments I'm going to try to get Sea Spell finished by tomorrow.

message 28: by Andy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Andy | 14623 comments Oh and I still need to find The Return (Titan, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout series

message 29: by Andy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Andy | 14623 comments I found the first two, but not #3 and 4 isn't out. :((((

Alaina (ameserole) Same!!

message 31: by Andy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Andy | 14623 comments It will be weird to read a book off a website, I've never really done that except for fanfiction on tumblr :P

Alaina (ameserole) Andrea wrote: "It will be weird to read a book off a website, I've never really done that except for fanfiction on tumblr :P"

haha yeah sometimes it bugs me a little but it definitely helps out if I can't get the audio, physical, or ebook.

message 33: by Jenn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Half-blood
Chapters 1-4: it's been awhile since I've read these but I remember enjoying them. I definitely love the spin off series lol. This was my first Jennifer Armentrout book and now she's one of my favorite authors. (view spoiler)

message 34: by Andy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Andy | 14623 comments Alaina (hope you see this on here lol)- what do think if we read the first two of the power series (spin off to this series) and then we can pause and pick up with the third when we both find it? I might be able to get a copy when I go home for the holidays or from my bf's library.

message 35: by Alaina (last edited Nov 29, 2017 09:39AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alaina (ameserole) Andrea wrote: "Alaina (hope you see this on here lol)- what do think if we read the first two of the power series (spin off to this series) and then we can pause and pick up with the third when we both find it? I..."

jfdklfjkadlfjklsaf da YES

message 36: by Jenn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Half-Blood (Covenant, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Chapters 5-8: (view spoiler)

message 37: by Andy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Andy | 14623 comments Alaina wrote: "Andrea wrote: "Alaina (hope you see this on here lol)- what do think if we read the first two of the power series (spin off to this series) and then we can pause and pick up with the third when we ..."

YAY :D i'm going to try to start the return either tomorrow or friday

message 38: by Jenn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Andrea wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Andrea wrote: "Alaina (hope you see this on here lol)- what do think if we read the first two of the power series (spin off to this series) and then we can pause and pick up with the..."

You guys are going to LOVE that series <3

Alaina (ameserole) I'm going to type up my comments for the two novellas and maybe the fourth book for this series right now (and the two reviews for the novellas and maybe the fourth.) I don't know if I'll finish it but yeah then I can start the power series :D

message 40: by Andy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Andy | 14623 comments Jenn- I can't wait, I can't believe I forgot about Seth's series

message 41: by Andy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Andy | 14623 comments Alaina wrote: "I'm going to type up my comments for the two novellas and maybe the fourth book for this series right now (and the two reviews for the novellas and maybe the fourth.) I don't know if I'll finish it..."

You still have time to read book 5 here, I have to get through Sea Spell and Sera was being aggravating again :/

message 42: by Jenn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Andrea wrote: "Jenn- I can't wait, I can't believe I forgot about Seth's series"

How could you forget Seth?? lol. He was my absolute favorite in the Covenant series and, in my opinion, his series is just so much more than its predecessor. Cannot wait to hear what you think of it!

message 43: by Andy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Andy | 14623 comments Jenn wrote: "Andrea wrote: "Jenn- I can't wait, I can't believe I forgot about Seth's series"

How could you forget Seth?? lol. He was my absolute favorite in the Covenant series and, in my opinion, his series ..."

I remember wanting to read it and then I must have either got distracted by other books or school

Alaina (ameserole) Daimon (Covenant, #0.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
22%: (view spoiler)
44%: (view spoiler)
66%: (view spoiler)
89%: (view spoiler)
100%: (view spoiler)

Alaina (ameserole) Andrea wrote: "Alaina wrote: "I'm going to type up my comments for the two novellas and maybe the fourth book for this series right now (and the two reviews for the novellas and maybe the fourth.) I don't know if..."

flajklfafd I HAVE TO POST MY COMMENTS FOR THAT BOOK TOO! And finish it. I'm dreading it right now. It's just sitting right next to me.

message 46: by Andy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Andy | 14623 comments Alaina wrote: "Andrea wrote: "Alaina wrote: "I'm going to type up my comments for the two novellas and maybe the fourth book for this series right now (and the two reviews for the novellas and maybe the fourth.) ..."

Me too, I want to know what happens, but the characters annoy me too easily

Alaina (ameserole) Elixir (Covenant, #3.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
23%: (view spoiler)
46%: (view spoiler)
69%: (view spoiler)
92%: (view spoiler)
100%: (view spoiler)

message 48: by Jenn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Half-Blood (Covenant, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Chapters 9-12: (view spoiler)

Alaina (ameserole) Apollyon (Covenant, #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Chapters 1-10: (view spoiler)
Chapters 11-20: (view spoiler)
Chapters 21-30: (view spoiler)

Alaina (ameserole) Sentinel (Covenant, #5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
20%: (view spoiler)

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.