Clean Reads for Mormon Teenagers discussion

Personal Progress > Question - Prayerful Habits

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Jayda | 2300 comments Mod
So, I need some help! The last thing I have to do for my Faith section is get into the habit of praying morning and night and scripture study every day for three weeks.

I'm the first to admit that I'm terrible at remembering to say my prayers, both morning AND night! I have an easier time with scripture study, though I do tend to slip a lot more without praying.

So, do any of you who do this already have any suggestions that can help me work this out?

message 2: by Halley (new)

Halley (jacketgirl) | 103 comments Oh! I did that one!!! One of the best thing to do is put your scriptures on your pillow, when I see my scriptures it always reminds me to say my prayers and read my scriptures.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Well mt sister painted a sign and in glow in the dark letters it says, 'did you pray?' my room is dark at night so You can see it really well.

message 4: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Haha, both very good ideas! I'll have to try those out ^^ Thanks! :)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I was told in YW that if you follow these steps in your prayer it will make it easy to remember.
The steps go w/ the letters in the word PRAY.
Praise-Remember to thank Heavenly Father for everything he has given you.
Repent-Repent each day. It will help make you a better person.
Ask-Ask for the things you need before you ask for what you want. Don';t forget to ask for blessings for other people.
Yield- This is one step people often forget. Yield or stay in praying position and think about those questions you asked for or blessings. Heavenly Father can use this time to answer you.

message 6: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Oooh, that's great advice, Meghan!
I haven't heard the yield part before. If I have, I'd forgotten it ^^

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

It is wonderful.

message 8: by Halley (new)

Halley (jacketgirl) | 103 comments Awesome!

message 9: by Emily (new)

Emily I'm doing that right now as well! The first week I just left my PP book on my pillow so every night before I got into bed i would remember and every morning I would see it on my night stand and remember. After that it was too hard. 3 more days!!!

message 10: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

That's a reall good idea, Emily! ^^

Good luck! :)

message 11: by Elizabeth (Liz) (new)

Elizabeth (Liz) (gonebananaz) | 101 comments The night before you can put a picture of Christ on the floor by your bedroom door to remember to pray in the morning.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Good idea Liz.

message 13: by Savannah (new)

Savannah (namesavannah-catcherinsoftball) | 236 comments What I do is i get a large sized rock, and i put it on my pillow and it reminds me to pray and read my scriptures. When i've done both of those, i put the rock down by my feet so i step on it when i get up in the morning. That has helped me.

message 14: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

That's a great idea! :)

message 15: by Savannah (new)

Savannah (namesavannah-catcherinsoftball) | 236 comments That's what my mom told me to do.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

that idea has never really worked for me.

message 17: by Savannah (new)

Savannah (namesavannah-catcherinsoftball) | 236 comments oh

message 18: by Elizabeth (Liz) (new)

Elizabeth (Liz) (gonebananaz) | 101 comments I know what you mean. It also really helps if you just pray to remember. That's kind of what I had to do, that and the picture on my floor, that just sort of happened.

message 19: by Savannah (new)

Savannah (namesavannah-catcherinsoftball) | 236 comments I have almost no problem Praying at night. And almost always i'll pray to remember to pray in the morning.

message 20: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

I've gotten horrible at personal prayer habit, again x.x
-sigh- But I do scripture study!

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Guess What?! I finally figured out what to do to help me stay in habit with Morning prayers!!!! I put this new Era Poster on my Doorknob, so when I get up in the morning I try to open my door and I feel that and it reminds me! Here is the Mormonad!

[image error]

message 22: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

That's awesome! =P Good job! ^^

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks!

message 24: by Savannah (new)

Savannah (namesavannah-catcherinsoftball) | 236 comments That's cool!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Yep!

message 26: by Savannah (new)

Savannah (namesavannah-catcherinsoftball) | 236 comments so very cool!

message 27: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

You guys should be proud!!! :D
This past Monday was the one week mark of me praying morning and evening!!! It's been FOREVER since I've been able to do that successfully! YAY! ^_^

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

*claps* Woo! Go Jayda! =P

message 29: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Hehe, thanks! :)

message 30: by Elizabeth (Liz) (new)

Elizabeth (Liz) (gonebananaz) | 101 comments WHOOO!!! I really should start doing that too. I pray at night, but I can never remember mornings.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah. I always remember night but I never remember morning.

message 32: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

It's been really easy for me to remember lately, for some reason. Mostly because I'm trying to figure out this whole dramatic situation, and I need all of the help I can get. Sometimes, though, I forget to do it right in the beginning of the morning, so I end up going up to my bathroom to say my prayers an hour or two after I wake up xD But I still say them twice a day, morning and evening! :)

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Thats good. I should try to remember. I haven't done my journal in a while either. =(

message 34: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Lately I've been doing my journal every Sunday. There's NO point in me doing it every day xD My life is far too uneventful for that.

message 35: by Laura (new)

Laura | 365 comments haha same i do it maybe twice a week idk i just like doing it

message 36: by Hope (new)

Hope | 265 comments By journal, do you mean writing in your journal? I'm the same with prayers. I remember at night, but not in the mornings. scriptures are easier to remember because I keep them on my nightstand next to my bed and I usually read before I go to sleep, I used to do it with other books and it was easier to make the transition to the Book of Mormon because I've done it before.

message 37: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 631 comments :) I try to write a little in my journal every day. yeah true, but journals are for more than your life history. they are for feelings, opinions, and just plain silly stuff. If I have a boring day, I just write weird stuff. It's a good habit.

exactly, but morning I remember, but i forget at night.

message 38: by Elena (new)

Elena | 1 comments hey i just wanted to let you guts know that i am giving a talk on sunday and this helped me alot thank you :]