New Canadian Library and other Canadian Lit Challenge discussion

Authors to be considered > Alice Munro

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (traceyrb) | 237 comments Mod
Alice Munro has been chosen for December and the book to be discussed will be announced shortly.

Any thoughts for January?

message 2: by Rosemarie (new)

Rosemarie | 195 comments How about Wayson Choy?
I have read The Jade Peony twice and highly recommend it. I have another book of his on my book shelf that I plan on reading next year.

message 3: by Tracey (new)

Rosemarie wrote: "How about Wayson Choy?
I have read The Jade Peony twice and highly recommend it. I have another book of his on my book shelf that I plan on reading next year."

Sounds good. I will put up The Jade Peony as the book for January. Is the book you have All That Matters

message 4: by Rosemarie (new)

Rosemarie | 195 comments I read that as well. I have Not Yet-which is a memoir.

message 5: by Tracey (new)

OK, that sounds great. Do you want to do a review for January reading of this one?

message 6: by Rosemarie (new)

Rosemarie | 195 comments Will do, Tracey. I have already been planning my reads for next year, while still enjoying current reads, of course.

message 7: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (zolaone) | 6 comments I have found an expensive version of Alice Munro, in hardcover, but no kindle version. I did find several books by Alice Munro, at my local library, so I might read from that list.

message 8: by Tracey (new)

The book we have chosen I believe has 4 stories in it so any 4 stories would be great and together we can review this author as a group. I have only read 1 book by her before The View from Castle Rock