American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History American Sniper discussion

American Sniper

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cameron (new)

Cameron Head "American Sniper" is an autobiography of Chris Kyle. The title is pretty self explanatory. Chris Kyle was a sniper in the Navy. He was also named the most deadly sniper in the Navy. This book is about his life before he entered the military, when he entered the military, while he was in the military, and after he had finished his tours. This book talks about everything from why he joined the Navy SEALs to what war was like through his eyes. I enjoyed this book because I love things about war and what life is like as a soldier. There is already a movie about this story, but as always, the book does a better job of describing and going into depth. Since I saw the movie already, I got to go into the book already knowing the plot, but wanting to grab a better understanding of the events he was in and what it is really like to be a soldier in war. I enjoyed the book more than the movie because you can set your own scene to everything. The book also goes into extreme detail about events Chris Kyle witnessed. Sometimes the events become very gruesome. If you enjoy stories about wars and what it is like to be a soldier, this is definitely the book for you. This book could also help people have a better understanding of what it is like to be a soldier. If you are looking to learn about more of this, this is the book for you.

Jerry Walch The original American Sniper is truly a great book but The American Sniper Memorial Edition is an even greater read because you get a much better impression of what Chris Kyle was all about and what his life meant to others from what his friends and the people he served with wrote about him after he was killed by a man he was trying to help. Originally those scenes were included in the movie script but Taya had them cut because she didn't want her children to see how their father had died. You need to read the Memorial Edition, you will be glad that you did.