GameLit discussion

Introduce yourself!

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (matthewsylvester) | 2 comments Mod
Hi, my name's Matthew Sylvester and I'm an author across many genres, and was the first author to ever use the GameLit tag for my books. Yay. :)

message 2: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline Driggers (jacquelined) | 2 comments Hi Matthew,
I'm a homemaker, book lover, sometimes writer, and generally taking it easy.

message 3: by Zachariah (new)

Zachariah Dracoulis | 1 comments Hey y'all.
I'm a self-published author and write for a lot of genres, but my primary focus presently is my new GameLit novel that i started writing a few weeks ago.

message 4: by Ryno (new)

Ryno Neethling | 1 comments Hi Everyone,
I am Ryno Neethling and I am a alco... I mean bookaholic. I have published two short stories / novellas in the Gamelit / LitRPG genre this year so far. Started writing in June, loving it.

message 5: by Richard (new)

Richard Writhen Hi, my name is Richard and I am new to the tag; I hope to learn more about it. I am not new to gaming however, and have even helped design a grimdark RPG last year. Nice to be here.

message 6: by R.M. (new)

R.M. Mulder | 1 comments Hey everyone! I'm excited to be here :) I'm the author of the Conquest Saga!
Conquest (The SciFan Universe #1) by R. M. Mulder

message 7: by Ade (last edited Dec 10, 2017 01:04AM) (new)

Ade (ade-greenwise) | 1 comments A VRMMO 'adventure survival' super game-world filled with evolving Artificial Life...
Speculative sci-fi, beta-testing in 2017...

Fountellion in The Spiral: The Nature of the Game & Progression One

message 8: by Craig (new)

Craig | 1 comments Howdy everyone. I'm a fellow GameLit/LitRPG author. Great to find a group of fellow enthusiasts on Goodreads :)

message 9: by James (new)

James Fadeley | 1 comments My name is James. I've written work for Banner Saga, a game series owned by Stoic Studio. These include a novel, other works, a few lines in the games themselves and some in an upcoming audio drama.

message 10: by Dumitru (new)

Dumitru Toma | 1 comments Hi, I'm new around here, just got caught in the LitRpg explosion about a year a go. Reading kind of everything I can get my hands on; really hate short books so I'm just not bothered with leaving reviews ( and don't know how to properly write one ). I'm really glad lots of people started writing this kind of novels and I'm excited about all the unique new ones.

message 11: by Blodwedd (new)

Blodwedd Mallory (blodwedd_mallory) | 1 comments Hi, all - I'll follow Dumitru's suit and introduce myself as well. I'm Blodwedd Mallory. I have two novels LitRPG novels and I'm working on the third at the moment. My introduction to LitRPG was James A. Hunter's works and I'm a fan.

My books have a slight spin on the usual LitRPG approach. I was given permission by a game company to write a series of urban fantasy/horror novels in their game world, so my stories are a full immersion there.

I invite you to visit my author page (https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...) if you're interested in learning more or of course, I welcome direct questions as well.

Wedd

message 12: by Ed (new)

Ed White (edwhiteauthor) | 1 comments Hello all - my name is Ed White, a table-top gamer for many years and a more recent reader of GameLit and LitRPG.

I am an artist and writer too, and creativity is what drew me to games like D&D.

So many good books out there right now.

message 13: by C.F. (new)

C.F. Welburn | 1 comments Greetings! Glad to be part of this group. I'm an avid gamer (more video than table), and a fantasy book fan. I suppose my series The Ashen Levels falls more into GameLit territory than LitRPG with it not being so much set in a game, but an epic fantasy which uses gaming mechanics as a basis for its magic system. Will be checking out your recommendations for my next reads! Cheers.

message 14: by R. (new)

R. Frost (rbradyfrost) | 1 comments Hello, all! I'm R. Brady Frost, I live in the US, and I write SciFi & Fantasy.

My first novel is in a small sub-genre called GameLit, which is a combination of both science fiction and fantasy where the protagonist finds themself within a game world.

Second Chance - A Battle Mage Reborn (Book 1) just released in mid-October, and has performed very well. If you like video games and fantasy worlds, give it a shot! (Available in KU.)

message 15: by Peter (new)

Peter John (pjauthor1) | 2 comments Hi everyone. I'm Peter John, I'm from Africa and I live in Asia and have recently launched my first novel:
Abduction Chronicles: GENESIS
A military Science Fiction, LitRPG, GameLit and Fantasy combo. If you like Spec Op's soldiers, magic, Elves and Orcs, then this adventure puts you right in the thick of it.

Beyond this series, I'm a Professional wildlife photographer and zoologist.

Besides prolific mobile and PC gaming, and reading, I tutor English and write books.

It's great to be part of this group.

Please add me as friend or follow if you want to keep track of the Abduction Chronicles series, or any future books I may publish.

I look forward to seeing what other books are doing well in this group and enjoy to read high stakes GameLit, LitRPG and Science Fiction of all flavours.

message 16: by Lee (new)

Lee | 1 comments Just dl the book. Look forward to reading it.

I live in Korea, but I am American. I teach English in a Korean public elementary school on the east coast. Where are you located in Asia?

message 17: by Peter (new)

Peter John (pjauthor1) | 2 comments Peter wrote: "Hi everyone. I'm Peter John, I'm from Africa and I live in Asia and have recently launched my first novel:
Abduction Chronicles: GENESIS
A military Science Fiction, LitRPG, GameLit and Fantasy com..."

Abduction Chronicles Genesis book trailer for those interested in my work.
https://youtu.be/4Q8A56wfZzk

message 18: by Utopicdrow (new)

Utopicdrow | 1 comments Hi, I'm utopicdrow and I love reading and gaming! Please feel free to add me on your friends list.

message 19: by Stuart (new)

Stuart | 1 comments Hi! I'm Stuart and I live writing gamebooks!

message 20: by R.J. (new)

R.J. Triveri | 1 comments Hi, Stuart. Welcome to your new obsession. We're all pretty much enablers, so don't expect us to stop you.

message 21: by J.R. (new)

J.R. Ford | 3 comments What's up y'all, I'm Jacob aka J.R. Ford. I'm a self-published GameLit author and avid GameLit/LitRPG audiobook listener.

message 22: by John (new)

John Carrarn | 1 comments Hi guys, I'm John, also a LitRPG and GameLit author. Glad to find more fans of the genre!

My first book, Nothing but bones, was released a few months ago. It is a monster evolution, LitRPG. My second book, a short story called Again and Again, is a dark comedy-horror GameLit and should be released later this year.

message 23: by Donald (new)

Donald III | 2 comments Hello everyone. Here to connect with some people with similar tastes. I am an self-published author of several novels revolving around JRPGs i've enjoyed in the past. Am willing to discuss fun story tropes in videogames today. Its great to meet you guys.