What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Romance: woman in red dress gets lost in subway in London trying to profess love to man. She goes to his house and finds out some heartbreaking news. She leaves crying, make-up smearing and gets lost again. Spoiler ahead.

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maria (new)

Maria Gatto | 6 comments ROMANCE girl in red dress gets lost in subway in London trying to profess love to man. She goes to his house and has a big surprise when she gets there SPOILER

He is engaged to woman who lives with him in London. She leaves his flat and starts running through the streets, crying, make-up smearing and getting lost again.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38140 comments Mod
When did you read this or around when was it published? Remember the cover? Did the events you describe happen at the beginning, middle, or end of the book? Remember any more plot points? Sad or happy ending? When is it set?

message 3: by Maria (new)

Maria Gatto | 6 comments I read it maybe 2 years ago. I read a lot of library books though, so my guess is it came out anywhere from 2-10 years ago. I don't remember much of the plot, but the book really stuck with me and I'd love to reread it.

The story took place in either the late 90s, or the early 2000s. This scene I remember happens near the end of the book. Although, I'm pretty sure in the end the red dress woman & the man end up together. It turns out he leaves his fiancé for her. It was all a big misunderstanding because he loved the red dress woman.

I do not remember the cover. It was a chick lit romance drama novel.

Thanks in advance for any help!

message 4: by Kris (last edited Oct 14, 2017 01:37PM) (new)

Kris | 34317 comments Mod
Maria, what's the tone - romantic, angsty, funny at times, steamy/clean, etc.?

Can you tell us more about the hero and heroine (red dress) - their jobs, skills/interests, how they met, love/hate at first sight, etc.?

message 5: by Maria (new)

Maria Gatto | 6 comments She finally got the courage to tell the London man how she felt about him. Then when she gets to the house, she finds out he is engaged. It was a big let down for her, because it was a big step for her to say this to him.

She was a heroine, just not getting her guy, until he comes back later and lets her know he really wants to be with her.

It is a romance, but I believe there was a happy ending- if only I could remember more!

Also, I believe there might have been a movie made about this book. Could be wrong. Don’t think it was a real blockbuster movie. Maybe more indie.

message 6: by Shelia (new)

Shelia Williams | 750 comments Hope you find it sounds interesting.

message 7: by Shelia (new)

Shelia Williams | 750 comments Has the book been found yet.

message 8: by Maria (new)

Maria Gatto | 6 comments Not yet. I read it maybe 3-4 years ago. But I do not think it was a new release at the time. I wish I remember more of it. I just remember really liking it.

message 9: by Shelia (new)

Shelia Williams | 750 comments Try the Facebook group Help name that book it has helped me find book in the past. Also try Google's Advanced book search that too has helped me. Hope you find it i really want to read it.

message 10: by Shelia (new)

Shelia Williams | 750 comments Has this book been found yet

message 11: by Maria (new)

Maria Gatto | 6 comments I’m not 100% sure on this because I think the movie was different from the book handling it, but I’m leaning toward thinking it was The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2. Girls in Pants. I could be wrong, its been a long time since I read the series, that I highly recommend.

I’m a big reader and could be messing up two different books. I think I will reread the books soon so I will let you know.

The London Part could be a different book, perhaps. Or maybe my book is still unknown.

If it is the Sisterhood books, the characters involved would be Kostos & Lena.

They condensed 4 books into 2 movies & wrote a where are they now book 10 years later. I hope that book becomes a movie too!

Thank you so much for never giving up on me finding it. I hope it is still not lost. Lol.

message 12: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5074 comments Maria wrote: "I’m not 100% sure on this because I think the movie was different from the book handling it, but I’m leaning toward thinking it was The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2. Girls in Pants. I could ..."

No way.

message 13: by Maria (new)

Maria Gatto | 6 comments I guess the search continues then! 😭

message 14: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5074 comments There, there. It's okay.