Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Specific IR Book Talk > Book Rave: Beware of Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Arch , Mod (last edited Aug 08, 2009 04:24PM) (new)

Arch  | 6523 comments Mod
I think it would be only fair to have a raving thread. There are some books that we love what happens in them.

So Rave on ladies!

message 2: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (Gatadelafuente) | 7304 comments Mod
I like it!

message 3: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (halfpint66) | 221 comments I'd love a raving thread.

message 4: by new_user (last edited Aug 08, 2009 09:32PM) (new)

new_user Good idea! I'll start us off. I just finished Shorn , and I really liked all the care that the author took to develop the politics and characters of her world.

message 5: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (Gatadelafuente) | 7304 comments Mod
I'll check out your review, NU. Always on the lookout for good, recommended fantasy.

message 6: by Arch , Mod (last edited Aug 10, 2009 10:22PM) (new)

Arch  | 6523 comments Mod
I think that Suzanne Brockmann is a good writer. A good storyteller.

I loved how she written Ashton, Sam and Alyssa's son in Hot Pursuit. He's a true baby. A true Starrett. I've said Starrett, because although, Alyssa still goes by Locke, I guess for professional reason. She's a Starrett too in my eyes.

Baby Ash knows how to get his parents attention. If he didn't think that his parents heard him, when he made "attention" noise the first time, he gets louder and use other words.

Ash is 10 months in this book and he doesn't know how to crawl. Instead he uses his buttocks and legs to move him around. In this book, he does skip crawling altogether and goes to walking.

Sam and Alyssa will have their work cut out for them. I know how babies can get curious and start playing with things. One of my nephews at one years old, he was turning on the TV and VCR, amongst other things.

Baby Ash was born 9lbs. Oh! That was a fat baby. I love them fat.

He knows how to make his babysitters work. Of course, babies have a lot of energy. Sometimes, grown ups can't keep up with babies.

message 7: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Wow. There's a lot of Ash in this book. Cool!

message 8: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I'm reading Trolling Nights by Savannah J. Frierson. It's already a rave-worthy book. Tim is a dreamy hero (NAVY SEAL and he appreciates an abundant woman). I like Bevin a lot. She's been hurt because of the way people have treated her for her weight. I'm glad that Tim is really special guy who can appreciate her and help her past her insecurities. It's a sweet but earthy read so far.

message 9: by Loni (new)

Loni | 405 comments Danielle wrote: "I'm reading Trolling Nights by Savannah J. Frierson. It's already a rave-worthy book. Tim is a dreamy hero (NAVY SEAL and he appreciates an abundant woman). I like Bevin a lot. She's been hurt bec..."

I loved Trolling Nights. I got it as an ebook, but I think I'm going to go ahead and buy the paperback. SJF has become an auto read for me.

message 10: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

She is a great author. Her books are little more expensive but it's so worth it. The story is very romantic and sometimes I feel like romance kind of gets shoved on a shelf with the interracial books. I just love the characters. Tim is a sweetheart. Very raw but loving. Bevin is really struggling to believe he could love her that way, but she's coming around. This is going in my top fave list.

message 11: by new_user (new)

new_user I read the excerpt. It sounds good. :D

message 12: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

It is very very very very good. :)

message 13: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

CaliGirlRae (Rae_L) | 2000 comments Mod
I read this free novel earlier this year called Letters to My Mother. AWESOME read. I love May/December romances and this was a great one and it also features some nerdy leads which I also loved. I came to find out it was based on a real life couple and it made it all the more sweeter. I really love this book. I wish it was available in paperback so I can put it on my shelf.

Now I'm reading Stones of Time which isn't a romance but I'm loving it so far. This is probably one of my fave series now.

message 14: by JeanieandJayha (new)

JeanieandJayha | 139 comments Danielle wrote: "I'm reading Trolling Nights by Savannah J. Frierson. It's already a rave-worthy book. Tim is a dreamy hero (NAVY SEAL and he appreciates an abundant woman). I like Bevin a lot. She's been hurt bec..."

we love savannah's stuff...but Being Plumville is my all out fav.

message 15: by Justine (new)

Justine | 1130 comments Judith Smith-Levin and her Mitch and Star.

There's no more delicious a couple than these two!

message 16: by Justine (last edited Aug 23, 2009 02:44PM) (new)

Justine | 1130 comments Then there's Faye and Bart from Pleasure Seekers by Rochelle Allers

I like my heroes larger than life and Bart certainly is that

message 17: by Justine (new)

Justine | 1130 comments Then there's Alex and Michael from Lynn Viehl's series the Darkyn

message 18: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I have got to read Pleasure Seekers. You have really been hyping this book, Justine. I used to read Rochelle Alers back in the day. I liked her Cole series.

message 19: by Justine (last edited Aug 27, 2009 07:34PM) (new)

Justine | 1130 comments It's only one of two books I've read by Rochelle. I don't know why I do Danielle. But I just think it's up there with Jackie Collins. It's one of the few times that you have no nonsense somewhat together black women. I just read it over again. I just like the Bart (white billionare) and Faye's story. I now actually skip the other parts.

And it's set in NYC- my home town. And they went to some other part in the world - that I've also been to.

message 20: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Hopefully I will get a chance to get a copy.

message 21: by Justine (new)

Justine | 1130 comments i would loan you mine, but i would want it back the next day. so there's no point :-)

i think it would make a nice lifetime movie

message 22: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I appreciate that, Justine. I will get a copy one day. I would love to see it as a Lifetime movie!

message 23: by Justine (new)

Justine | 1130 comments i was just reading parts of it last nite and for the first time - something that bart said, didn't quite ring true to me. ah well, i guess this can happen when you've read the same story over and over now

message 24: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

It all depends on the mood when you read a book.