GameLit discussion

GameLit Films

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (matthewsylvester) | 2 comments Mod
We all like books, but books create films (and vice versa), so I thought I'd pop up a list of some films that fall under GameLit.

If you're looking for GameLit films, here are a couple that you might like;
Jumanji - To be released in December
Jumanji - The original
Zathura
Zathura 2
Pixels
TRON
Scott Pilgrim Vs The World
Wreckit Ralph
The Last Starfighter
Existenz
Stay Alive

message 2: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline Driggers (jacquelined) | 2 comments I think my favorite of those was The Last Starfighter. That was an awesome movie. My second favorite would have to be Wreckit Ralph. I liked the original Tron movie the best, much better than the new one. I never got into the jumanji type films that much, just not my cup of tea. Haven't watched any of the others.

As far as game to film, there was a pac man cartoon series on for a while that I like a lot. It was fun to watch.

message 3: by Simon (new)

Simon Larcher | 1 comments There was a film a few years back with the Rock in the lead role based on the Doom game. It might even have been called Doom as well. Not sure I would go as far as to recommend it but I vaguely remember enjoying it once I had turned my brain off!

Tracey the Lizard Queen | 1 comments Doom was really silly but great fun! I'd also include Gamer with Gerard Butler, I think it's not that great a film either but worth a watch. The Call Up is one I watched a few months ago, I enjoyed it quite a lot. And Electric Dreams maybe?

message 5: by Phil (new)

Phil (hardgeek) | 1 comments All of the Resident Evil films, Silent Hill, Tomb Raider. There's quite a stack when you think of it. Sadly many of the true D&D films weren't really that good they tend to end up bing 'B' movies.