Great Again: How to Fix Our Crippled America Great Again discussion

Great Again: How to Fix Our Crippled America

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

William Wilson The only way to describe Great Again: How to Fix Our Crippled America by Donald Trump is that it is essentially a drawn out Trump speech in which he explains why he should lead and what he would do if he were to lead. The fact that it is a speech in book form is not to say it is bad. Most of his points could be said in a few paragraphs, but by extending the point and adding an arguably excessive number of tangents filled with applications of his argument, Trump appeals to his reader’s logic. That is only about one half of the book’s content, however. The other half is Trump boasting about his accomplishments, which to be fair, adds to his argument. However, many times, like in the case of an occurrence on page 12, they could be omitted. He starts out by saying “People call me thin-skinned, but I have thick skin.” Then, he proceeds to talk for pages about his accomplishments to prove that no one can touch him because he is so great. That does not really make sense though. Similar to the common myth that wealth equals happiness, being successful does not necessarily mean one is immune to criticism. That being said, most other anecdotes further the points he makes, but when it is boiled down, every single one is saying the same thing: "I’m successful in business, so I’m qualified to run the country." As for general flow, there is not much. It reads like a train of thought, as seen in the tangents he makes. When it comes down to it, though, Donald Trump’s style of speaking, and as such, writing, won him the presidency, so while his book may not have been award-deserving, indisputably there are 62.9 million Americans that would at least tolerate it.

Rhonda Kazmierski Crippled America is the road map that led Donald J. Trump to the Presidency, and put America back on the path to greatness!