Beta Reader Group discussion

Critique Partners and Swaps > High Fantasy Novel, Still Being Written

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Enigma4you (new)

Enigma4you | 4 comments Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a critique partner who is willing to work with me long term on this book, and possibly others afterwards. I'm still a relatively new writer, have a lot to work on, and more than anything, I want to be able to bounce ideas, work through my plot, and work through several details of my story. I have a rough draft written and completed, but it is a really, really rough draft, so some patience may be necessary. I imagine at least the first line of critique to be brutal but that will be needed to improve the book. I would be happy for a swap with someone else who has a WIP or is still writing their story.

I would also be extremely interested in a person that I can talk to directly, either through Skype or Discord or some other program. I just think and work easier when talking to someone than just with emails.

My story is YA High Fantasy. Currently it is only 50k words, but it's going up with every revision. Elijah is a young boy, ready to take his place as a man. He is preparing for his coming of age ceremony but things change when the monstrous hydra known as the Reaper comes and attacks his village. As he struggles with the aftermath of the attack and the loss of his village, he is also forced to deal with his own shortcomings as a hunter. Time is short however, as the Reaper is not the only danger on the horizon...

If you are interested, send me a message on here or email me at dragon_lady_333@sbcglobal.net

message 2: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 11 comments Hi, I'm interested in being a CP with you. I have a teen fantasy novel that part way through edits. If you're still interested in a CP, either message or email me at blmp143@gmail.com.