YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

In the Woods (Dublin Murder Squad, #1)
This topic is about In the Woods
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Dublin Murder Squad Series by Tana French - Starting November 1st

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Alaina (ameserole) Here are the books from this series that we will be reading:
In the Woods (Dublin Murder Squad, #1) by Tana French , The Likeness (Dublin Murder Squad, #2) by Tana French , Faithful Place (Dublin Murder Squad, #3) by Tana French , Broken Harbour (Dublin Murder Squad, #4) by Tana French , The Secret Place (Dublin Murder Squad, #5) by Tana French , and The Trespasser (Dublin Murder Squad #6) by Tana French .

Alaina (ameserole) In the Woods (Dublin Murder Squad, #1) by Tana French

Chapters 1-5: (view spoiler)

Chapters 6-10: (view spoiler)

Chapters 11-15: (view spoiler)

Chapters 16-20: (view spoiler)

Chapters 21-25, aka..
Finished: (view spoiler)

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments Hi Alaina! Started late, as per usual with me... Sorry!
First impressions are fantastic though! I really love her writing and I'm already really immersed in the story.

Alaina (ameserole) Skye wrote: "Hi Alaina! Started late, as per usual with me... Sorry!
First impressions are fantastic though! I really love her writing and I'm already really immersed in the story."

haha it's all good! I just had to get in some books before I was moving a bunch. Now that all I'm moved in I can finally start typing up all the reviews from the books I've read this week.

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments 26% (view spoiler)

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments 49% (view spoiler)

Alaina (ameserole) Skye wrote: "26% [spoilers removed]"

I totally feel like I've been on a thriller book move too! I've loved all of them so far.. maybe I should be reading more thrillers? And yeah I wanted to know what happened to the little girl so badly!!

Alaina (ameserole) Skye wrote: "49% [spoilers removed]"

Oh man! Are you reading like the actual book? an ebook? or listening to an audio book? That's what I did, listen to the book I mean. So I didn't really get the slow pace feeling but I'm sure I would've gotten that by reading the actual book. I haven't started the likeness yet. I have like six more ebooks to read before that So I will totally wait for you to finish this book before I even look at the first page.

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments I'm reading it on ebook, yes! Audio might have been better actually but they're so expensive and my library has a very limited selection :(

Alaina (ameserole) Skye wrote: "I'm reading it on ebook, yes! Audio might have been better actually but they're so expensive and my library has a very limited selection :("

Aw man! I'm sorry. I hope it gets better for you!! I have the ebook for the next book so I hope it's just as good.

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments It's not bad at all just a little slow in parts :) I'm still waiting for The Likeness from the library but I should have In the Woods finished in a couple days and then I have the rest ready and waiting. It's always the book I want next that is late! :(

Alaina (ameserole) Skye wrote: "It's not bad at all just a little slow in parts :) I'm still waiting for The Likeness from the library but I should have In the Woods finished in a couple days and then I have the rest ready and wa..."

haha that is how I feel all the time with the library! Well I can definitely wait for you to finish in the woods before I start the likeness! I have so many other books to catch up on. I can't wait to read your comments!!

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments 74% (view spoiler)

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments Finished (view spoiler)

Alaina (ameserole) wooohoo! I can’t see what you wrote since I’m on my phone but what did you think?

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments Alaina wrote: "wooohoo! I can’t see what you wrote since I’m on my phone but what did you think?"

Solid book, I enjoyed most aspects but had to slog through from around 40% to 75%, and the ending was depressing! I did love her writing though and the plot :)

Alaina (ameserole) Skye wrote: "Alaina wrote: "wooohoo! I can’t see what you wrote since I’m on my phone but what did you think?"

Solid book, I enjoyed most aspects but had to slog through from around 40% to 75%, and the ending ..."

aw i'm sorry maybe we will both sludge through the next book. I wish I got the audio version of it but I didn't. I do have the audio for the third book though

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments 15% (view spoiler)

Alaina (ameserole) I was all about adding my BR comments and review - but time definitely crept up on me and I just finished writing my comments/review for a different book! If I have time tonight I will definitely add them!! If not, then tomorrow!

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments Alaina wrote: "I was all about adding my BR comments and review - but time definitely crept up on me and I just finished writing my comments/review for a different book! If I have time tonight I will definitely a..."

Don't worry, it takes me weeks to finish a book, you definitely won't be behind xD

Alaina (ameserole) haha well technically I've finished this book - but I read so many books yesterday (I think I typed like 10 or 11 reviews already) and I have plans to hang out with people tonight in like an hour and I'm not even dressed or anything. I just totally blanked on typing up my comments/review for this. I will probably type them up when I get home later tonight or just do it tomorrow. I can't wait to see what you think about this book! I totally agree with your first comment already.

Alaina (ameserole) The Likeness (Dublin Murder Squad, #2) by Tana French
Chapter 3: (view spoiler)
Chapter 10: (view spoiler)
Chapter 19: (view spoiler)
Chapter 22: (view spoiler)

Alaina (ameserole) Faithful Place (Dublin Murder Squad, #3) by Tana French
15%: (view spoiler)
30%: (view spoiler)

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments I will be about 3 weeks behind you as always! :) I still have quite a bit of The Likeness left, my uni assignments have all come along at once.

Alaina (ameserole) Skye wrote: "I will be about 3 weeks behind you as always! :) I still have quite a bit of The Likeness left, my uni assignments have all come along at once."

Oh no!! I totally forgot about the faithful place! Because it was an audio book on loan from the library! I actually had to renew my loan because it was due over the weekend! I just love the narrator :D I think I might finish the book today because I'm on disc 8 out of 13 right now

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments Alaina wrote: "Skye wrote: "I will be about 3 weeks behind you as always! :) I still have quite a bit of The Likeness left, my uni assignments have all come along at once."

Oh no!! I totally forgot about the fai..."

I forget about books all of the time! I'd probably do better reading just 1 at once, but I like to have a Kindle book, a library book, one of my own books and an ARC going at all times.

Alaina (ameserole) Skye wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Skye wrote: "I will be about 3 weeks behind you as always! :) I still have quite a bit of The Likeness left, my uni assignments have all come along at once."

Oh no!! I totally forgo..."

haha SAME HERE! plus audio books! I brought like 7 books with me today but I'm mostly just typing up reviews and comments for about 4 of them. I only have to finish listening to this book and write out the other comments and read two other books..

Alaina (ameserole) 54%: (view spoiler)

Alaina (ameserole) 69%: (view spoiler)

message 30: by Alaina (last edited Nov 28, 2017 11:44AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alaina (ameserole) 100%: (view spoiler)

Alaina (ameserole) Broken Harbour (Dublin Murder Squad, #4) by Tana French
Chapter 1: (view spoiler)
Chapter 6: (view spoiler)
Chapter 11: (view spoiler)

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments I have a bet with myself that you will finish the whole series before I finish the 2nd one! xD I wish I could read as much as you do.

Alaina (ameserole) 😂😂 haha maybe. I might start the next book tonight

Alaina (ameserole) Chapter 17: (view spoiler)

Alaina (ameserole) The Secret Place (Dublin Murder Squad, #5) by Tana French
Chapter 4: (view spoiler)

Alaina (ameserole) Chapter 8: (view spoiler)

Alaina (ameserole) Chapter 10: (view spoiler)

Alaina (ameserole) Chapter 23: (view spoiler)

Alaina (ameserole) Finished: (view spoiler)

Alaina (ameserole) The Trespasser (Dublin Murder Squad #6) by Tana French
Prologue: (view spoiler)
Chapter 5: (view spoiler)
Chapter 10: (view spoiler)
Chapter 15: (view spoiler)

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments Finished! Finally done, there are bits I liked and bits I just thought went really slow.

Alaina (ameserole) yeah, the likeness wasn't my favorite in this series.

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments Oops! I accidentally posted that I'd finished The Likeness and I still have most of it left, I think I got the topics mixed up. I had to take like a 3 week reading break to finish the mountain of assignments I had due in, but now I'm free and determined to finally get through this series! I've been reading The Likeness for maybe 6 weeks now, it's getting ridiculous.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.